Sign in to follow this  
daveofnorway

Firefly catching

daveofnorway    11

As a new player I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how to go about catching my 1st fireflies? I understand that this must be done at night with the bug net.

Are they more common in certain areas? Should I use the torch and then on finding one set a regular fire before catching or is there a better way?

Any advice appreciated :)

genocide    10

Fireflies seem to be more common in forest areas, and are easier to catch if you are using a torch. Simply run around with a torch until you see the fireflies, get in close, switch to the net, catch them, switch back to the torch, and proceed on. It sounds complex, but it isn't. You'll be in the complete darkness for about 2 seconds, which isn't enough for the darkness to murder you.

Joy    11

You can also catch them during the day. When you see a firefly glow.. equip your bug net and go where they glowed and just hit space bar. Sometimes you have to do it a few times but you'll get it.

Zind    10

Yeah, you can catch them with spacebar during the day. Press it only once and don't hold it, or your character will fail. The fact that you can catch them during daytime is most likely a bug, though. That doesn't really makes sense.

Buue    10

It is possible to catch them at day time too

Just find some fireflies, get a bug net, go to the fireflies, spam space bar

genocide    10
You can also catch them during the day. When you see a firefly glow.. equip your bug net and go where they glowed and just hit space bar. Sometimes you have to do it a few times but you'll get it.

Yeah, this has to be a bug. The option to catch them with the mouse isn't even there during the day, so i presume people should expect fireflies to be uncatchable during the daytime in a future update.

Cryx    10

When I caught the fireflies I use to light my camp at night I used the miner's hat. I made note of heavily infested areas during the day and returned at night with a few nets.

Get your glow on!

Massah    10
When I caught the fireflies I use to light my camp at night I used the miner's hat. I made note of heavily infested areas during the day and returned at night with a few nets.

Get your glow on!

What he said.