Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Coming Monday 10am PST - Don't Starve Together Steam Early-Access

rezecib    3170
To play DTS do you need DT?
No, they're separate games.

So if I buy the Frontier pack will I get a copy of the DT and two keys for the DTS?
If you already have DS, then you'll just get 2 beta keys (and it will cost $5). If you don't, it will count as buying DS, but also give two beta keys (and cost $20). 

Passive    7

If someone wants to play DST only and has no DS so far, there is no need to buy 19.99$ frontier, right?

Nope, you have to get the frontier pack to get the keys if you don't have DS, if you have DS you don't get the frontier pack but pay $5 for two keys.

So can I get some clarification about the early access. If Im already in the beta, do I need to buy the frontier pack to keep playing the game or are beta testers automatically in early access?

Pyromailmann    2991

So can I get some clarification about the early access. If Im already in the beta, do I need to buy the frontier pack to keep playing the game or are beta testers automatically in early access?

No. I've got beta access and asked the same question and got an answer from Bigfoot. He said we keep DST.

ArchyKrule    0

I have installed Steam hoping I would be able to get my hands on the game but I can't seem to find it. Some people on the announcement thread there are saying that they have it. Do you guys see it in Steam ?

Also, is it compatible with Mac by any chance ?

Thanks !

Passive    7

I have installed Steam hoping I would be able to get my hands on the game but I can't seem to find it. Some people on the announcement thread there are saying that they have it. Do you guys see it in Steam ?

Also, is it compatible with Mac by any chance ?

Thanks !

I can't find it on steam either, pretty certain it hasn't been put up yet. Are you sure the people saying the have it aren't referring to receiving the keys that were email out this weekend to the last of the people who registered for the beta? As for Mac, pretty sure one of the threads says it won't be.

Pyromailmann    2991
I have installed Steam hoping I would be able to get my hands on the game but I can't seem to find it. Some people on the announcement thread there are saying that they have it. Do you guys see it in Steam ?   Also, is it compatible with Mac by any chance ? Thanks !
I can't find it on steam either, pretty certain it hasn't been put up yet. Are you sure the people saying the have it aren't referring to receiving the keys that were email out this weekend to the last of the people who registered for the beta? As for Mac, pretty sure one of the threads says it won't be.

It'll be on Steam at 10 AM PST (or US Western Time/ Vancouver Time) Valve has to put it on their page so let them do their job. I recommend checking your timezone and use a timezone converter to help you get an exact time for your area.

CRAzydud888    0

Just a few more minute's... Omg the suspense.  :nightmare:

ArchyKrule    0

Actually their were juste a bunch of prankster. The game is supposed to be available at 10 am Pacific time, which means 7 pm in my timezone (Central Europe) and it appears that 10am PST is when Steam updates it's library so it does make sense.

As for the Mac, I also think I read somewhere that it was PC only but I was hoping it meant "computers" (opposed to computers & consoles), but maybe it's just Windows indeed. It would be very sad, been waiting for this for a while now. I'm so happy it's also on Mac I tend to forget we're always the last served (sometimes not served at all) when it comes to games. First world problems hey...

StalkinU    5

Don't Starve Together is a standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising survival game, Don't Starve. NOTE: Players who currently own Don't Starve on Steam will get Don't Starve Together for free when it exits Early-Access.

Strael    4
Processing  Transaction layer CHECKCARD 12/15 STEAMPOWERED.COM SEATTLE WA activity type debit

status type icon pending -19.99 2,608.87

So yes, DST was $20 for me despite having Don't Starve and Reign of Giants.  is there a fix or reimbursement for this?

Don't Starve Together is a standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising survival game, Don't Starve. NOTE: Players who currently own Don't Starve on Steam will get Don't Starve Together for free when it exits Early-Access.

"For people who do NOT own Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier Pack is $19.99. For existing owners of Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier Pack is only $4.99."

Taken from the first page of this topic.