Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Coming Monday 10am PST - Don't Starve Together Steam Early-Access

Gefest180    0

All my friends already got the keys for Don't Starve Together on e-mail and play for your pleasure and they are already tired, and I really want and I still have not sent. strange. I have been recorded before, and the keys have not yet received.

Krypto    14

If I give a early access key for DST from the frontier pack to a friend on steam who doesn't have DS can he still play? or does he have to purchase DS first then add the early access key?

ailailou    729

Can anyone tell me how many players it will support?

You guys said 2-4 minimum, but I never found any other statement to that.

During the server configuration there's a maximum of 6 players. However, as far as I remember, there's a trick to increase that number to a much bigger one. I've played on a server which supported up to 20 players.

Sorry, but I don't think they'll manage to add caves to DST before some months. But maybe ruins can now spawn on surface :-)

Thelucite armor and Thelucite Club also appears in the video. Why would they put something in the early access release trailer if it wouldn't be available on day of release, which is Monday? They could have put Meteorite Walls instead. But hey, I'm just having hope that's all. :D

Diabu    126

Actually, i think the server you've played with 20slots is mine. It is hosted on my own dedicated machine, allowing better performance than Klei's one.

When I say that caves won't be un early access, I'm almost sure. I've seen some Dev's post saying that they have some difficulties implementing it.

Sorry:p

Ryoka    6

Woo! I'll be able to force my friends to play with me! Still waiting on my closed beta keys, only 3 days left, makes me think I wrote my e-mail incorrectly or something...

xSadoro    15

I really hope they weren't spawned using the console. We might just have caves, ruins and all the vanilla characters this weekend before early access goes live.

Nonetheless your comment was rude, because , anyway , he might have gotten his key by now...

What was the point in laughing at him? People can live like **** and still want to play a game to distract themselves, dont you think so?

ailailou    729

Nonetheless your comment was rude, because , anyway , he might have gotten his key by now...

What was the point in laughing at him? People can live like **** and still want to play a game to distract themselves, dont you think so?

Sorry mate, but I'm pretty sure you've quoted the wrong reply. :lemo: If you didn't, again, sorry mate, but I don't see the reason why I could have been rude.

@Diabu, aye, indeed, it was your public dedicated server I've played on. Heh, I had some good time there until a troll appeared right before you've logged off, and he just stayed in ghost form on purpose to screw our nice game. :( qq

4k33m    26

Hello all,

i couldn't find an answer, and i still don't get it.

i own DS as a stand alone version not on steam. so i won't be able to play early access?

does my stand alone key work on steam, or do i have to buy another copy?

because waiting for the final release is definitely not an option! 

please help my confusion...

edit: found the answer to my own question. Sorry..

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/15989-how-keys-work-post-launch/

JoeW    37493

Hello all,

i couldn't find an answer, and i still don't get it.

i own DS as a stand alone version not on steam. so i won't be able to play early access?

does my stand alone key work on steam, or do i have to buy another copy?

because waiting for the final release is definitely not an option! 

please help my confusion...

That depends. 

First, if you bought Don't Starve from Humble Bundle and play on standalone and HAVE a steam key. just redeem the steam key and then you can get the Frontier Pack for $5. (This is the same key that you use to update the standalone game, if you bought it from humble)

But, if you bought Don't Starve from GoG or somehow otherwise just don't have a Steam key at all, then the Frontier Pack is $19.99. 

4k33m    26

Jaiiii...

Thank you for your answer...

Got the Humble Bundle. That means i can buy the Frontier Pack for my son and don't have to buy another copy.   :encouragement:

I' ve been so sad when I missed the beta subsciption as I'm excited now.

You guys saved my christmas!

And even more, you created my top favourite game in my 30+ year gaming experience. A game I will always return to...

A truly amazing game.

Thank you!

I have a question, if you give a key that you received for registering in the close beta, and you give that key to someone who doesn't have the regular don't starve, can he be able to also play in the open beta on 15th onwards? or is that key only limited for the closed beta that is about to end?

cptCalavera    617

I have a question, if you give a key that you received for registering in the close beta, and you give that key to someone who doesn't have the regular don't starve, can he be able to also play in the open beta on 15th onwards? or is that key only limited for the closed beta that is about to end?

It doesnt matter how you get a DST key. It will give you access to DST forever (or untill the world ends)

Though if you have a DST key, but not dont starve. It will be limitied to only DST.

It doesnt matter how you get a DST key. It will give you access to DST forever (or untill the world ends)

Though if you have a DST key, but not dont starve. It will be limitied to only DST.

That's all i wanted to know, thanks for the answer!

Passive    7

Not too seem needy, but any idea when it will get released? I have an exam for work on Wednesday however i want to play it when it comes out, but don't wanna keep checking steam for it :D

Pyromailmann    2991

Not too seem needy, but any idea when it will get released? I have an exam for work on Wednesday however i want to play it when it comes out, but don't wanna keep checking steam for it :grin:

Monday, December 15th.