Coming Monday 10am PST - Don't Starve Together Steam Early-Access

We’re excited to announce that Don’t Starve Together, the stand-alone multiplayer expansion to Don’t Starve, is coming to Steam Early-Access.

This weekend, we will have sent out the final emails to everyone who registered for Closed-Beta access with a valid email. On December 15th at 10am PST, we will officially launch the Don't Starve Together “Frontier Pack.”

The Frontier Pack Includes:
  • A copy of Don’t Starve on Steam
  • Two copies of Don’t Starve Together (with Beta Steam Early-Access)

For people who do NOT own Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier Pack is $19.99. For existing owners of Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier Pack is only $4.99.

What is Don't Starve Together?
Don't Starve Together is a standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising wilderness survival game, Don't Starve.

Cooperate with your friends in a private game, or take your chances with strangers online. Work with other players to survive the harsh environment, or strike out on your own.

Do whatever it takes, but most importantly, Don't Starve.

Why the Frontier Pack?
When we opened up the initial Beta signups in September, we were overwhelmed with the demand, and in a few days we received over 80,000 registrations. Since then, we’ve steadily sent out keys to people who signed up.

As part of the Beta signup process, we’ve found that there are a lot of people who really want into the Beta, and even while giving out a hundreds of keys every day, it became clear to us that we needed a release valve for the demand. Specifically, people were starting to buy keys in back channels, with varying success. That's why we're now providing the Frontier Pack: a clear, official channel for access.

With it being 4.99 for two copies for current Don't Starve owners, we hope that everyone feels this is a fair way to get into the Beta and introduce the game to their friends.

You guys already give all the keys? But I have never recive the mine! D:

Can it maybe have something to do with I use the same email with I have signup to the beta to do my Don't Starve Together account?

Oh well, I only wanted the keys to give they to a friend, another friend already give me one key.

You guys already give all the keys? But I have never recive the mine! D:

This weekend, we will have sent out the final emails to everyone who registered for Closed-Beta access with a valid email. On December 15th, we will officially launch the Don't Starve Together “Frontier Pack.”

Still got a bit more to go, but almost done.

Also just wanna say I looooove the graphic on don'tstarvetogether.com. I love how everyone looks fierce (even Wes), and it fills me with hope that every character will be included before this thing officially launches :DExcept Maxwell

@JohnnyThao7,

Current owners of Don't Starve will receive DST for free when it is fully released. That has not changed.

DST is in closed beta right now. It goes into open beta/Steam early access on the 15th. If you want to get DST early, before the full release, you can buy a key:

$5 for owners of DS

$20 for non-owners of DS

It's called the "Frontier Pack". You'll receive 2 keys for beta DST. Non-owners of DS will also receive one copy of DS.

¿Do not starve was not free?

so what you had said: Alright! Now we're talking! How much will it cost? No Starve together will be a free expansion for all current owners of vapor / DRM. Thanks for your support! (this will remove the forum)

and also what they had said on their website (not just in the forum)

It's official, not starve together - A free multiplayer expansion - is coming to not starve this summer!

@JohnnyThao7,

Current owners of Don't Starve will receive DST for free when it is fully released. That has not changed.

DST is in closed beta right now. It goes into open beta/Steam early access on the 15th. If you want to get DST early, before the full release, you can buy a key:

$5 for owners of DS

$20 for non-owners of DS

It's called the "Frontier Pack". You'll receive 2 keys for beta DST. Non-owners of DS will also receive one copy of DS.

Oh ok, I get it now.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have two questions and I'm not sure if they can be answered quite yet, but can someone please try? :)

• I have already bought Don't Starve and the Giants DLC on Steam. When the ALPHA for DST is finally released, will I get it for free since I already have the main game or will I have to buy it? (At the moment I am not considering the Frontier Pack). 
  • I own Don't Starve on my PC, my friend has it on his PS Vita- when DST comes out, would we be able to play together, or would that be impossible since we are playing from two different systems?

Thanks!!! :3

Archived