Do you have Don't Starve questions?

1. Go Insane (eating dark flowers, fighting monsters, being in darkness

2. Trap and kill beardlings

3. Beard hair yay! Now time to fix your sanity...

1. Go Insane (eating dark flowers, fighting monsters, being in darkness

3. Beard hair yay! Now time to fix your sanity...

1. Go Insane (eat dark flowers, fight monsters a lot, almost get bit by Charlie, etc.)

3. Yay beard hair! Now time to fix your sanity...

No nice way to ask this Jman, but could you delete these posts? That question's already been answered and you're taking up half of the page, heh.

How do you handle hounds efficiently? it's my usual cause of death.

For the first three waves of hounds you can tank them no problem with only a logsuit and a spear. After that I'd recommend setting up tooth traps with the teeth from the first few hound waves. Just run around your tooth trap pile when the hounds come, they'll be taken out quickly enough. Remember, always have at least one piece of armour and one torch ready to go when the hounds are comin', and never stop upgrading your tooth trap pit with more traps!

Flare2V, I mean just enough for me to come and find bunch of silks everywhere without my bunnymen dying, or any spider dens gone.

That is a very unorthodox way of farming silk but if that's what you're set on doing ten to fifteen bunny hutches (build the houses close together) will get the job done. Keep in mind that dying is a part of the business, but the bunnies will respawn in their hutches one day after their death. Don't forget that when you smash a tier 3 nest or kill a Spider Queen they will drop spider eggs that will allow you to set up a new spider nest wherever you want (it's better to relocate the spiders to the pigs/bunnymen than the pigs/bunnymen to the spiders).

why spider queen is not waking ? its tier 3 dens 

After a nest has turned tier 3, it can take an additional 12.5-25 days to turn into a Spider Queen.

Hey does anyone know when Don't Starve Together will come out for mac?

Nope, nobody does. Sorry bud. You can emulate windows on your mac and then boot Don't Starve from the emulator but I'm not sure how well a Mac can handle that sort of thing, haha.

I have a Question please Flare.

I saw you making "nightmare fuel farms" doing somethink with bees and evil flowers.

- I understant how this farm work: you bring bees to "plant" evil flowers for you

- I dont understant how to start this farm

Can I make this farm for normal flowers too? how to start it?

Thanks for you time Flare

Have a nice day!

Flassipa - Dejsinka

1. Catch a whole bunch of normal bees.

2. Drop them on evil flowers

You're done! The homeless bees will recreate any flower type they land on, so if all they land on are evil flowers they will make more of them!

This process will also work for normal flowers, just drop the bees on normal flowers instead!

My Rock Lobsters won't spawn even if I bring them to the surface. Is it because of 6 Spider Queens near my cave entrance/exit?

In the Vanilla it's like baby lobsters will spawn at the entrance first before coming up to the surface. Not sure here with RoG.

Trust me when I say you do not want to bring the Lobsters up to the surface, they'll breed like mad and infest your entire world. That being said, what are you doing to bring the lobsters to the surface and if possible could you go into more detail about them "not spawning"?

My most important question is this: which version number is the latest don't starve? Also, will don't starve togheter replace don't starve, or will they both be worked on separately? And how about reign of giants, will that be included in DST? I'd like these questions answered, because they will help me decide which game I will get.

The version of Don't Starve to most recently get an update is Don't Starve Together as that is what the devs are working on right now. Don't Starve Together has very little Reign of Giants content as of right now, however, so the version of the game with the most content (not counting multiplayer) is Reign of Giants.

Don't Starve Together will be free for anyone who owns Don't Starve when it is completed.

Any versions of Don't Starve Together on steam are merely beta access, you're buying the ability to play Don't Starve Together early.

The version of Don't Starve to most recently get an update is Don't Starve Together as that is what the devs are working on right now. Don't Starve Together has very little Reign of Giants content as of right now, however, so the version of the game with the most content (not counting multiplayer) is Reign of Giants.

Don't Starve Together will be free for anyone who owns Don't Starve when it is completed.

Any versions of Don't Starve Together on steam are merely beta access, you're buying the ability to play Don't Starve Together early.

So if I get this correctly DST is the most recent? Does that mean it contains everything in DS? And will DS be updated, or is it only DST now? Also which one would you recommend for single player?

And thanks for your rapid answer so far dude!

So if I get this correctly DST is the most recent? Does that mean it contains everything in DS? And will DS be updated, or is it only DST now? Also which one would you recommend for single player?

And thanks for your rapid answer so far dude!

I recommend Don't Starve: Reign of Giants for the best singleplayer experience, and again no, Don't Starve Together does not have all the features of Reign of Giants or even default Don't Starve added in yet, it is still however a fantastic experience.

@Flare2V, what's 9+10?

I'm afraid I can't give you what you need, seek professional help.

Flare, it's very weird, but I waited like 10-20 days and only TWO lobsters spawn.

I don't mind them infesting my world because I'm good at wiping out the population (gunpowder or let other lobster do the work). Just need more flint, rocks, and most importantly, meat!

Steam automatically updates your game to the latest version unless you disable this feature. It's on by default, don't worry.

Of course I am aware of this fact. It's just that I'd really like to know what version number (patch) the latest don't starve is. Or point me to a place where I can see this. It's to do some comparison. Trust me, it's really what I need to know.

Nonetheless, thanks for helping.

I accidently hit the ~ button on my keyboard and now all this weird text popped up. It lets me type in stuff and seems to be used for spawning things. But I don't know how to get rid of it.

Hit ctrl + l on your keyboard to close  the console log.

Of course I am aware of this fact. It's just that I'd really like to know what version number (patch) the latest don't starve is. Or point me to a place where I can see this. It's to do some comparison. Trust me, it's really what I need to know.

Nonetheless, thanks for helping.

Backspace pops up a bunch of debug info, the version number can be found in the bottom right next to "rev.".

Hit ctrl + l on your keyboard to close  the console log.

Backspace pops up a bunch of debug info, the version number can be found in the bottom right next to "rev.".

Yes thanks, but unfortunatley I don't have access to the game at the moment. I haven't bought it yet. The version number will help me decide on getting the game. Could you do it for your game perhaps (assuming it's up to date)?

Another couple of quick questions if I may,

1,does anybody know if its possible to access the console in the ps4 version of this game,I've had the game kind of crash and been left with what looks like the console open but didn't try to use it, just restarted the game

2,I've also bought the PC version via steam but find playing with a mouse awful,any suggestions on what type of controller I could use (xbox360 controller maybe?) and getting a controller to work

WesCoastRepresent! Anyway this is an easy easy one Flare I am giving you all the options you just choose the easiest. So after about 360 days my beefalo herds are insane (After they have killed Deerclops twice, Bearger once, and a few hound waves because I'm lazy) But whats the best way to brutally slaughter whole herds at a time. Explosions are too compact and the old bell may hit my soon to be permanent base. I'm talking over 300 beefalo in total so don't dare say lead an army or pick em off one by one. (Oh and I'll be using a beefalo hat) I don't care about saving anything, so I considered cooking the beefalo but theres way too many. (About 7 herds in total) I could use the bell in probably all but 2 herds though. Any strats I missed? What's your opinion.

Another couple of quick questions if I may,

1,does anybody know if its possible to access the console in the ps4 version of this game,I've had the game kind of crash and been left with what looks like the console open but didn't try to use it, just restarted the game

2,I've also bought the PC version via steam but find playing with a mouse awful,any suggestions on what type of controller I could use (xbox360 controller maybe?) and getting a controller to work

If you don't like playing with a mouse, play with WASD and attack with F/mouse.

Also, KCDA, try to dragonfly em.

Edit: It worked.

80b09cd9dd.png

Yes thanks, but unfortunatley I don't have access to the game at the moment. I haven't bought it yet. The version number will help me decide on getting the game. Could you do it for your game perhaps (assuming it's up to date)?

Nevermind my question, I no longer need to know.

WesCoastRepresent! Anyway this is an easy easy one Flare I am giving you all the options you just choose the easiest. So after about 360 days my beefalo herds are insane (After they have killed Deerclops twice, Bearger once, and a few hound waves because I'm lazy) But whats the best way to brutally slaughter whole herds at a time. Explosions are too compact and the old bell may hit my soon to be permanent base. I'm talking over 300 beefalo in total so don't dare say lead an army or pick em off one by one. (Oh and I'll be using a beefalo hat) I don't care about saving anything, so I considered cooking the beefalo but theres way too many. (About 7 herds in total) I could use the bell in probably all but 2 herds though. Any strats I missed? What's your opinion.

I still recommend using the old bell when they're all huddled together at night but either dragonfly or deerclops can get the job done as well as the following method:

One thing you can do is drop down a bunch of twigs/grass/flammables and light them ablaze on the ground under the beefalo, the burn damage will hurt them quite a lot. The better the fuel, the longer it'll burn, the more damage you'll do.

Do you know when this will leave early access for The Originally buyers of the game? ;-;  :wilson_cry:

Do you know when this will leave early access for The Originally buyers of the game? ;-;  :wilson_cry:

Nope, as far as I know nobody (but possibly the devs) knows when it will leave early access. You can, however, buy into the early access for only $5 on this steam page.

Nevermind my question, I no longer need to know.

Sorry I was too late, I was just about to get to ya bud. My bad.

As exciting as that is.... i've purchased both the vita,ps4 and steam version and own the dlc for console. so Im pretty banked out on putting more money to feed the pig. I just hope early access for the "privileged" impatient "not the ones who are new to the game" few who choose to whip out the 5 during the steam sale decide to do that I just hope its not months down the line :/ 

It would also defeat the point of waiting to get it for free from early access if you purchase the same game again you probablly wont use and sell to someone else and neither of the copys of dst which i seen people sale for full price to people online

just sucks that this beat/early access get abused this way than just bug testing instead of just profit and seeing users abuse this system...

@Flare2V I would consider Deerclops but I just tried him... Only took out 2 thirds on a herd (7 herds total) Yikes! I'll try with Dragonfly, but it'll be tricky though. I have a Summer Base set up so I'll have to make some modifications but oh well. At least in the mean time I can waste hounds on Beefalo because I am too lazy to use my tooth traps.

How many days longer does it take to dry a meat when it rains in spring. I got like 50 half rotten meat thanks to Beefalos and Rock Lobsters waiting for any available space on 8 racks D: ! And it rains.!

As far as I know, the drying process is halted completely during the rain. I could be wrong.

As exciting as that is.... i've purchased both the vita,ps4 and steam version and own the dlc for console. so Im pretty banked out on putting more money to feed the pig. I just hope early access for the "privileged" impatient "not the ones who are new to the game" few who choose to whip out the 5 during the steam sale decide to do that I just hope its not months down the line :/ 

It would also defeat the point of waiting to get it for free from early access if you purchase the same game again you probablly wont use and sell to someone else and neither of the copys of dst which i seen people sale for full price to people online

just sucks that this beat/early access get abused this way than just bug testing instead of just profit and seeing users abuse this system...

As I see it, they're a game development company that needs to make ends meet. If they charge a small fee to allow people to have access to it early (it'll be free, you just have to wait) then I approve of them doing so.

I buy don't starve when was in early access. I read on many forums that players who have Don't starve get don't starve togheter when it will be on steam in early access. Early access its already on steam but i dont get my Don't starve together. Why ?

I buy don't starve when was in early access. I read on many forums that players who have Don't starve get don't starve togheter when it will be on steam in early access. Early access its already on steam but i dont get my Don't starve together. Why ?

It's in beta right now, you have to buy beta access. Once it's done you'll have access to Don't Starve Together for free!

Archived