Do you have Don't Starve questions?

You can also farm slurtle slime. It's 4 times less effective than gunpowder (50 vs 200 damage) but if you're low on nitre,  slurtle slime can be easier to produce since gold is usually renewable (using Pig King) and rocks are abundant.

Considering you need 138 gold (or more, depending on which slurtle eats it) to make enough slurtle slime to kill off dragonfly, this method is not recommended.

Yes it will consume flower. I suppose Glommer will fly around the same location is flower is destroyed. If Glommer is dead new flower and Glommer will appear at the next full moon at the statue. If Glommer is not dead no flower will appear. You can get one flower and one piece of wings each full moon if you make sure Glommer is dead at the full moon. It's better to craft old bell immediately because when Glommer is dead its flower begins to spoil.

Glommer will float around randomly if his flower is consumed. His flower shows a spoil timer, but does not spoil for a very long time (tens of thousands of days, if it spoils at all).

This is a really basic one, but this seems like the right place to ask...

I'm currently working my way through Adventure mode, and I'm having some difficulties. Every time I start in a new world, I have to start from scratch. But...I've heard you can stock up to 4 items in the teleportato which will carry over to the next world. How do I do this? Do I drag items to the teleportato BEFORE or AFTER it's been set up? Do I drop items near the teleportato? What about backpack items? Which slots of that carry over?

I've tried experimenting myself, but every time I get to the end of an Adventure chapter I'm freaking out and completely surrounded by chess minions. I always jump in because I'd rather survive than sit there for a minute or two figuring this out.

I will try to keep you busy so here goes another one.

So I followed your tips against depth's worm. I went to my cave and killed around 7 of them with the help of rock lobsters. However chester died in the process dropping around 20 nitres and a SINGLE rock lobster ate all of them in one swoop.

* Where can I farm more nitres aside from boulders(almost extinct)? It is my only way out from dragonfly (gunpowder)

* Is it really true that depth's worm spawn every 3 days and spawns 6 of them?

* rip nitres

Cool, killed it thanx.  New one, to get the bell need glomer's flower, crafting it will of course consume flower and then glommer just fly around ? next full moon will be another flower ? with new or not dead same glommer ?  thx 

Crafting the bell requires glommer's flower and glommer's wings, and to get the wings you need to kill glommer. On a full moon, if there isn't a glommer currently alive on the map the statue will spawn another flower and another glommer. You COULD craft the old bell with the flower that the new glommer is following, but considering that each time you kill glommer you get the ingredients for the old bell anyways it's not recommended as glommer will just float around pointlessly until he is killed.

What is the correct way to pronounce Klei?

It rhymes with "play".

There's no turf that can stop depth worms, is there?

Any tips for getting a base set up in the caves?

Which creatures can all be kept as pets (won't destroy walls, won't disappear, etc.)?

Is there a way to catch the boomerang with only the mouse?

Turf will not stop depth worms, no.

First of all: I love this thread! So Helpful! Thanks for all your effort :)

Which creatures can all be kept as pets (won't destroy walls, won't disappear, etc.)?

Going to second this question!

And a newbie question from me: Whats the easiest way to get beard hair when not playing Wilson?

Question about Beefalo's, my world had 4, however i went up north to look for more since it was a bigger Savana biome, none was up there. So i went back to where the 4 were and 1 was left, guess the spiders killed the other 3 since a spiders nest was nearby (killed the nest when i saw only 1 Beefalo was left). Mating season started a couple of days ago and now there's 2, 1 adult and 1 kid. Am i safe to assume that the those 2 will keep growing every mating season? Lack of manure and wool hinders me greatly, i've gathered enough for 3 Improved Farms so farm, and winter just started. I don't even have enough wool for a winters hat :( good thing i'm playing as Wilson, that beard helps out.

1-hounds attack is a not end story, right ? even if destroy all hound's respawn. 2- deph worms move around whole cave ? found campfire and science machine on a cave, safe or not  ? 

ps : amazing FAQ ( fast answers questions )  :juggling:

Whats the easiest way to get beard hair when not playing Wilson?

You're looking for creatures called "beardlings" which drop beard hair. If your sanity drops low enough, all rabbits will transform into black beardlings. If you then hunt and murder them, they'll drop monster meat or nightmare fuel or beard hair. Personally, I find the best way to get your sanity down is to consume green mushrooms, and then consume cooked green mushrooms to raise your sanity back up.

By the way, does anyone know how to put items in the teleportato? Nobody's answered my question yet.  :frown:

This post took a while to make, wanted to make sure all questions were thoroughly answered.

There's no turf that can stop depth worms, is there?

Any tips for getting a base set up in the caves?

Is there a way to catch the boomerang with only the mouse?

Tips for setting up a base in the caves? Don't. The only thing you really need to do down there is bring the rock lobsters to the cave entrance (but not outside). If you click on the boomerang after it has hit it's target and is returning to you will make your character catch it. This is much more difficult than just holding spacebar after it begins to return to you, however. Any creature that isn't a giant, rook, bee, butterfly, mosquito, bird or nightmare can be kept in captivity.

What do you do to maintain sanity in the caves and the ruins?

Is there anyway to get rid of rock lobsters on the surface,without starting a new world?

I'm currently working my way through Adventure mode, and I'm having some difficulties. Every time I start in a new world, I have to start from scratch. But...I've heard you can stock up to 4 items in the teleportato which will carry over to the next world. How do I do this? Do I drag items to the teleportato BEFORE or AFTER it's been set up? Do I drop items near the teleportato? What about backpack items? Which slots of that carry over?

I've tried experimenting myself, but every time I get to the end of an Adventure chapter I'm freaking out and completely surrounded by chess minions. I always jump in because I'd rather survive than sit there for a minute or two figuring this out.

First of all: I love this thread! So Helpful! Thanks for all your effort :-)

Going to second this question!

And a newbie question from me: Whats the easiest way to get beard hair when not playing Wilson?

PLEASE READ: I was wrong in the video, too lazy to change it. 40% chance for monster meat, 40% chance for nightmare fuel, 20% chance for beard hair.

Question about Beefalo's, my world had 4, however i went up north to look for more since it was a bigger Savana biome, none was up there. So i went back to where the 4 were and 1 was left, guess the spiders killed the other 3 since a spiders nest was nearby (killed the nest when i saw only 1 Beefalo was left). Mating season started a couple of days ago and now there's 2, 1 adult and 1 kid. Am i safe to assume that the those 2 will keep growing every mating season? Lack of manure and wool hinders me greatly, i've gathered enough for 3 Improved Farms so farm, and winter just started. I don't even have enough wool for a winters hat :( good thing i'm playing as Wilson, that beard helps out.

As long as there is one beefalo left in your world, they will produce children.

How to kite the ancient guardian properly? I mean, without getting hit. I know how to change my weapon to my walking cane when he's charging so I'm 25% faster, but I just can't kite him without getting hit atleast once.

1-hounds attack is a not end story, right ? even if destroy all hound's respawn. 2- deph worms move around whole cave ? found campfire and science machine on a cave, safe or not  ? 

ps : amazing FAQ ( fast answers questions )  :juggling:

Hounds attack every few days. They never stop doing this, it's recommended to set up an area just outside of your base for taking them down, whether it be tooth traps, bee mines, tooth traps or tooth traps is up to you. Depth worms work like hounds in which every few days they come to you in the caves to mess you up, that being said they can be found in certain places in the caves already there. Don't pick the glow berries if you're not ready for a fight. Hounds and Worms don't go away, they need to be killed or dealt with. The campfire and science machine in your caves are safe to check out, yes.

You're looking for creatures called "beardlings" which drop beard hair. If your sanity drops low enough, all rabbits will transform into black beardlings. If you then hunt and murder them, they'll drop monster meat or nightmare fuel or beard hair. Personally, I find the best way to get your sanity down is to consume green mushrooms, and then consume cooked green mushrooms to raise your sanity back up.

By the way, does anyone know how to put items in the teleportato? Nobody's answered my question yet.  :frown:

Thanks for the help! I wanted to make my own video to show how it's done exactly, otherwise I would've just redirected the dude who asked the question to your post.

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Flare2V! I never figured I would have gotten a video response! Apparently, I should be ignoring the RMB prompt to travel and I should be using LMB to open the teleportato's inventory.

After you active the wooden thing by click on it when all the pieces (including the divining rod) are in place, it pops the menu up for you.

Thanks for the video on killing rock lobsters flare2v you're a legend!

Not sure how the things made there way up to the surface,I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't bring them with me,first noticed a couple now there are dozens,don't want rid of all of them as I've have found they're good hound defence!

Another quick question if I may is there anyway to destroy the nightmare lights in the ruins?

Another quick question if I may is there anyway to destroy the nightmare lights in the ruins?

The nightmare light can't be destroyed, it's one thing that can't be moved from its spawn, just like the pig king.

Thanks for the video on killing rock lobsters flare2v you're a legend!

Not sure how the things made there way up to the surface,I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't bring them with me,first noticed a couple now there are dozens,don't want rid of all of them as I've have found they're good hound defence!

See:

The nightmare light can't be destroyed, it's one thing that can't be moved from its spawn, just like the pig king.

How to kite the ancient guardian properly? I mean, without getting hit. I know how to change my weapon to my walking cane when he's charging so I'm 25% faster, but I just can't kite him without getting hit atleast once.

Thanks again Enbo and Flare2v,can't believe how easy its been to get rid of my rock lobster infestation now....and they drop meat! Never knew that!

So another question whats the best strategy for taking out depth worms other than getting rock lobsters to do it?

Thanks again Enbo and Flare2v,can't believe how easy its been to get rid of my rock lobster infestation now....and they drop meat! Never knew that!

So another question whats the best strategy for taking out depth worms other than getting rock lobsters to do it?

I can do a more in-depth kiting guide on the worms if you want, but yeah lobsters at the entrance to your cave (underground, of course) is still the best way to take care of worms. Remember, if you hover over a lobster with a weapon and it says "attack" then that lobster is not following you anymore.

I can do a more in-depth kiting guide on the worms if you want, but yeah lobsters at the entrance to your cave (underground, of course) is still the best way to take care of worms. Remember, if you hover over a lobster with a weapon and it says "attack" then that lobster is not following you anymore.

I think you should make a full guide on how to survive in a cave alone. Like, how to deal with every features of cave.

I think you should make a full guide on how to survive in a cave alone. Like, how to deal with every features of cave.

I might end up doing a long guide for Don't Starve since most other guides out there are pretty lackluster, that being said that takes effort so I'm only doing this for right now.

crucial question, reading wiki it says that bee box wont produce honey at same speed if player stay far away, how know what "far away" means ? At max zoom map has diamons on the see, anyway to "set" a far away meaning usig it ? 

Archived