KaStar's Don't Starve Fanart Scirbbles

Sooo… What are the chances we could see another hurt Willow? o3o

Also, just out of curiosity: Do you happen to like any other DS ships?

Another hurt Willow? Did I do one before? I don't remember. :/

As for other DS ships, I do think the Wes/Wigfrid ship is really cute, and I also like the friendship pairing of Wendy and Webber. :)

• Like 1

Another hurt Willow? Did I do one before? I don't remember. :/

As for other DS ships, I do think the Wes/Wigfrid ship is really cute, and I also like the friendship pairing of Wendy and Webber. :-)

Yeah, this one.

It's always nice to find someone else who likes Wesfrid, it being as rare as it is. I'm currently trying to decide what I want Webber and Wendy's relationship to be. Could be just friends, or there could be a one-sided crush from Webber. I just can't pick.

Yeah, this one.

It's always nice to find someone else who likes Wesfrid, it being as rare as it is. I'm currently trying to decide what I want Webber and Wendy's relationship to be. Could be just friends, or there could be a one-sided crush from Webber. I just can't pick.

Oooh, that one! Wow, my memory sucks these days. XD We'll see what happens.

I've always seen Wendy and Webber's relationship more like Philia love, not romantic. They're both kids, maybe even the same age. Although, it would be cute if Webber is a small 'puppy love' crush on Wendy for period of time.

No drawings to post for now, but I did find a really cool post about the 'Forbidding Knowledge' short (aka, the Don't Starve Cinematic Trailer) while browsing tumblr.

This blog post breaks down the whole short and explains why it's such a excellent example of storytelling within such a short amount of time, and with no spoken words. I found it really interesting, and just rekindled my love and appreciation for all the work Klei puts into their games and characters.

Check out the post HERE.

• Like 1

No drawings to post for now, but I did find a really cool post about the 'Forbidding Knowledge' short (aka, the Don't Starve Cinematic Trailer) while browsing tumblr.

This blog post breaks down the whole short and explains why it's such a excellent example of storytelling within such a short amount of time, and with no spoken words. I found it really interesting, and just rekindled my love and appreciation for all the work Klei puts into their games and characters.

Check out the post HERE.

Nice article you found there. Made me notice more details watching the trailer again. Like for example the skeleton. Its pose is definately not typical, I thought of Jesus or a Ballett dancer (what were you thinking, Wilson?) :D

When Wilson is working on Maxwells door, "being sciency in general- and still with a somewhat grim demeanor that contrasts his earlier smiling over the chemistry experiment" my thought was it's because he was thinking that he was a chemist, a failing chemist, but now he's worse: an engineer^^

Haven't seen an article before, that analysed the trailer, so I'm glad I read this one because you shared it here.

• Like 1

post-503874-0-51426400-1422306724_thumb.

post-503874-0-81764900-1422306727_thumb.

post-503874-0-29296300-1422306730_thumb.

post-503874-0-68158600-1422306732_thumb.

Some thumbnails for a bulk commission. The person wanted Willowson pencil sketches. I've got so used to doing everything digitally I had to get back into the swing of pencil and paper.

I will post scans of the finished versions when done. :-)

• Like 8

One out of eight Willowson sketches done. :-)

I'll scan all of these once they're done.

Is it an illusion based on my artistic ineptness or are you really working with such crude methods to create those (uncoloured, but) beautiful artworks? All I see are some pencils of different strenght and a generic outworn rubber.

Is it an illusion based on my artistic ineptness or are you really working with such crude methods to create those (uncoloured, but) beautiful artworks? All I see are some pencils of different strenght and a generic outworn rubber.

Crude methods can be just as good as modern ones, dude. ;)

I drew the under-sketch with a light blue Col-Erase pencil, and then added all the details with a HB pencil. But I should mention that I did a quick thumbnail doodle first so I would know how the composition would look.

post-503874-0-89962800-1422648147_thumb.

• Like 1

My fear is that you haven't been featured yet because Klei doesn't want to encourage Willowson for whatever reason. I mean, I like to think that Wilson and Willow being together on pretty much all the DST art and promos means that there's something between them, but in all honestly it's probably just because they're the first two characters in unlock order and that's it (maybe DST even gives you Willow from the start in addition to Wilson. I have no idea because I get to wait until it's on Mac. :v).

When Wilson is working on Maxwells door, "being sciency in general- and still with a somewhat grim demeanor that contrasts his earlier smiling over the chemistry experiment" my thought was it's because he was thinking that he was a chemist, a failing chemist, but now he's worse: an engineer^^

Heyyy what's wrong with engineers? XD *offense taken* 

No but that article is really awesome, I've never seen it before either! Good find kastar!

Do they still give that badge out? They haven't updated the fan art spotlight in a while.

They do, I think the staff is just busy right now trying to set up DST and promoting their other games. I think it's really just the staff member Jan that does the featuring, so he'll probably come back in here when he has time. There are many new awesome artists that haven't received enough attention! 

I must say, I love that your rendition of Willow's hair as smooth and flowy. Anyways, I hope she has been feeding Wilson the right kind of mushrooms.  :grin:

Thank you! I think I started drawing her hair more jagged, but my overall drawing style is smooth and roundish, so it just evolved into that, I guess. XD