I Don't Care Anymore.

I understand the plight of frustration of not being able to play DST when others have access, I really do; its frustrating to feel like your being forced to stand back and watch everyone else have fun with a game you love to play, it's not fun, and it kind of sucks.

However, I'm not a fan of how the dude went about his anger about it all. I get patience is something we have in spades, sometimes we have a lot of it, sometimes 'ain't nobody got time for that'.

Did he realize the number of people who signed up for beta keys for DST? Some people I heard signed up hot seconds after the word got out, and at one point for me, the sign up page was down because of the number of people who smashed in to sign up for keys.

But to decide to up and quit it all because of a lack of patience? Honestly? He isn't alone, there are still tons of people without the DST keys, and if he only pays attention to the jerks that brag about having a key and not looking toward others whom are humbled to have a key, or at least to the others whom are waiting ever-so severely patient for either a key or for the DST to come out, he's in the wrong side of the internet.

In all honesty, I really hope the person does come back, and doesn't quit it all. DS is a really fun game, even if we have to wait a while to play it, and to play it with friends is what makes the game more entertaining. I'm hoping he comes back, with a better attitude, maybe do something else to take his mind off of DST frustration and maybe when DST comes out for him he will be happier, but if he's going to be a rude dude and storm of forever like a child over a lack of patience, we don't need that kind of negative riffraff in these lovely forums.

I understand the plight of frustration of not being able to play DST when others have access, I really do; its frustrating to feel like your being forced to stand back and watch everyone else have fun with a game you love to play, it's not fun, and it kind of sucks.

However, I'm not a fan of how the dude went about his anger about it all. I get patience is something we have in spades, sometimes we have a lot of it, sometimes 'ain't nobody got time for that'.

Did he realize the number of people who signed up for beta keys for DST? Some people I heard signed up hot seconds after the word got out, and at one point for me, the sign up page was down because of the number of people who smashed in to sign up for keys.

But to decide to up and quit it all because of a lack of patience? Honestly? He isn't alone, there are still tons of people without the DST keys, and if he only pays attention to the jerks that brag about having a key and not looking toward others whom are humbled to have a key, or at least to the others whom are waiting ever-so severely patient for either a key or for the DST to come out, he's in the wrong side of the internet.

In all honesty, I really hope the person does come back, and doesn't quit it all. DS is a really fun game, even if we have to wait a while to play it, and to play it with friends is what makes the game more entertaining. I'm hoping he comes back, with a better attitude, maybe do something else to take his mind off of DST frustration and maybe when DST comes out for him he will be happier, but if he's going to be a rude dude and storm of forever like a child over a lack of patience, we don't need that kind of negative riffraff in these lovely forums.

It reminds me of wealth in the US. Though I do side with him, I don't side with him to say "New people shouldn't get to experience the new thing." when it could be better to give the new player the new thing to see what they think.

It reminds me of wealth in the US. Though I do side with him, I don't side with him to say "New people shouldn't get to experience the new thing." when it could be better to give the new player the new thing to see what they think.

The new stuff that comes out in each update is literally new to everyone, to both veteran players and newbies alike. I'm not saying I agree with the concept of new players shouldn't experience the new thing, nor am I saying veterans should get dibs first because they've been here longer, its just the attitude he went about it made it seem so horrible.  If by his logic that new people shouldn't experience the game, we all wouldn't be able to play because we were all new to the game a one point right? It would just be the devs toying around with the game in an office with no feedback from outside ears and eyes to see if they game could be improved or adjusted.

He said he put 300+ hours into the game, so he deems himself one who knows the game well enough to discard himself from the newbies, which is cool by all means, but if he wants to act like he's been around long enough to know and play the game, he should know by now, things take time, and I can guarantee, some other veteran players who probably have been here longer than the 3 of us combined haven't received a key yet either. I see sooo much frustration with the game, and a lot of it seems to be either at game play adjustments the devs make, and waiting.

The point I'm trying to make is I highly doubt its the devs goal to make avid fans of DS as a whole feel left out or upset; things take time, and its always the good stuff, that takes the longest, and it seems like those who want it most feel like they wait the longest. Just have to find a better way to occupy time so the wait doesn't seem as tediously, painstakingly long. It's what I did anyways, and it worked for me :wilsconnivingsmile:

Archived