"Stuck in the Middle with Ewe" -- Don't Starve Together Closed Beta Update 2

I hate to say it because she's my favorite character, but Wendy (or rather Abigail) is way overpowered. The Ewecus is supposedly designed for a group due to the snare mechanic, but Abigail can pretty much solo it while Wendy stands in the snot. Of course there's still the ability to wreck hordes of spiders just like in solo DS, but it feels more game-breaking in DST because it's so easy to get gobs of useful mats with almost no work.

Wendy still has the same problems she does in solo play: she can't fight monsters alone, overly reliant on dusk/night, and your sanity can spiral down out of control with just one or two Abigail mishaps.

Also, Treeguards and Tentacles are still Abigail kryptonite.

In the few Together games I've played, I find myself really unable to contribute to the less combative tasks that are equally essential to survival, such as relocating plants or mining rocks, if Abigail is present. I spend most of the day exploring and preparing to fight all night long, which leaves little time for anything else. Without all my Spider and Bee loot the team might starve, but without somebody to fight off Treeguards or Deerclops in the Daylight I'd end up just as dead...

Abigail management is basically what Wendy's gameplay boils down to anyway, so I don't see why it should be any different in the multiplayer version. :yaymultipl:

hi....

want to ask, how to change my character in DST...??

trying with making my char died, logging back in and still dead with same character....

trying using command method like remove() from the one who host the game is not working

any other method...??

or can the dev make this option available ??

• Developer

@mahadi22, You need a longer command last time I tried it (although there have been a few changes since, it might've changed):

local p = c_find('wilson') DeleteUserSession(p) p:Remove() 

Vito actually added some console commands to make this easier a few patches ago. I looked back at the patch notes and it looks like we forgot to make a note. Sorry about that!

Anyways:

- c_despawn(player) is in now. Pass a nil parameter to despawn yourself.

- You can use c_listallplayers() to print the AllPlayers table (which will show you the indices for the players in the game so you can pass in things like AllPlayers[x] to various console commands).

• Developer

Do you need to insert the players name or the characters name?

You need to give the player object. If there is only one wilson in the game, you can do this be calling c_find("wilson"), but the way I expect most people will use the command is to use c_listplayers() to see the contents of AllPlayers and then call c_despawn(AllPlayers[2]) [where the player you want to despawn is the second player in the AllPlayers table].

Vito actually added some console commands to make this easier a few patches ago. I looked back at the patch notes and it looks like we forgot to make a note. Sorry about that!

Anyways:

- c_despawn(player) is in now. Pass a nil parameter to despawn yourself.

- You can use c_listallplayers() to print the AllPlayers table (which will show you the indices for the players in the game so you can pass in things like AllPlayers[x] to various console commands).

Awesome.  I am always worried I would delete the wrong user session when I had two Wilsons or whatever.  Glad I saw this post.

You need to give the player object. If there is only one wilson in the game, you can do this be calling c_find("wilson"), but the way I expect most people will use the command is to use c_listplayers() to see the contents of AllPlayers and then call c_despawn(AllPlayers[2]) [where the player you want to despawn is the second player in the AllPlayers table].

Thanks!

Archived