[General] - The Invisible Inc Typo Thread

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Platform: Mac
Issue Title: The Invisible Inc Typo Thread
Issue Description: Call me OCD, but it really bothers me when I noticed typos in the game. Instead of starting a new bug report each time someone notices one, I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate them all in one thread.

Anyone who finds a typo please feel free to add to this thread.

So to start:

Typo: "Deckard proves he worth"

Should be: "Deckard proves his worth"
Steps to Reproduce: Select Anarchy option for the EMP console event.

form-465227-0-00417200-1417340816_thumb.

Also it should be these data but that's REALLY nitpicky.

Using "...these data" would imply "data" is a pluralized word, but it's not. The use of "project files" implies multiple files, but calling all those files "data" is grouping multiple items into a single non-pluralized word. They really should use "...this data" because data is only one thing.

Actually (and I know how pedantic this sounds) data is a plural word, in common usage it's not which is why I posted that with the "really nitpicky" line attached. I'm not actually sure they should change every instance in the game or even this one but in reality data is the plural of datum. Similarly bacteria is the plural of bacterium. The only time Data is ever properly singular is if you are referring to Brent Spiner's character from Star Trek TNG.

And yes I do realize how pedantic this all sounds.

For more lulz on the subject see this:

http://xkcd.com/1429/

Hmm, true enough. Although, especially in writing, the question arises whether to treat "data" as a plural noun or as an uncountable mass noun (like “information”, “money”, and “research”). Should one write: “These data are...”? Or instead: “This data is…”?

In theory, and consistent with the rules of Latin grammar and traditional English, data is a plural noun (e.g. “These data are confusing”). However, data is today commonly treated as an uncountable mass noun, particularly in everyday usage (e.g. “This data is confusing”). 

Although both versions are correct, take into account that even English native speakers might not know this. In a spoken context, such as a presentation, it is therefore advisable to use data as an uncountable noun (“This data is …”), in scientific texts one should rather prefer the use of data as a plural.

How to use it in a turn-based tactical espionage strategy game? Only Klei can decide.

Actually the Oxford dictionary had this to say about 'data'.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/data

In Latindata is the plural of datum and, historically and in specialized scientific fields, it is alsotreated as a plural in English, taking a plural verb, as in the data were collected andclassified. In modern non-scientific use, however, it is generally not treated as a plural. Instead, it is treated as a mass noun, similar to a word like information, which takes a singular verb.Sentences such as data was collected over a number of years are now widely accepted in standard English.

So both are right. I've only ever seen it used as a mass noun though.

I didn't get to take screenshot, but on the Agent Upgrade screen in between missions, when you play with archived version of agents, their "real name" shows their 'title' and not their names. For example, instead of Jolie "Banks" Murphy, it says Archived - Robin Hood.

in Internationale's "real name" section, and the section above her bio in the character select screen, her last name is spelled "Valds" In the actual description itself it is spelled "Valdes"

+1, there is a problem in strings.lua with accented letter "é

Nika's profile has the following sentence in it:

She relented only after her dodecagenarian employer died of a flashbang-induced heart attack

At first I thought this was a typo, or something, as I wasn't aware dodecagenarian was a word. However, you can extrapolate from the word nonagenarian (meaning "a person who is from 90 to 99 years old) and that dodeca means 12 to make its definition "a person who is from 120 to 129 years old." Cool, so, there's nothing wrong here to me.

Wow, her family name is Valdés? I knew Valds made no sense. Valdés is the 49th most popular Latin American name!

Maybe problem not with strings.lua, i don't know, maybe that's problem with some new font or with something else. I can remember that it works fine at first builds, like on an old screenshot from http://www.kleientertainment.com/games/invisibleinc/ 

invisibleinc-2014-07-14-21-10-29-60.png

Klei seems to have a bit of problems with dots. Right at the character selection screen, Xu's background ends with "...found a profitable niche creating unlicensed software"

Notice the missing dot. The game is full of missing dots at the end of descriptions ect.

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: The Invisible Inc Typo Thread

Issue Description: Call me OCD, but it really bothers me when I noticed typos in the game. Instead of starting a new bug report each time someone notices one, I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate them all in one thread.

Anyone who finds a typo please feel free to add to this thread.

"Bothers" and "noticed" do not match in tense, so you should change "noticed" to "notice" or "bothers" to "bothered". Alternatively, you can change "when" to "that". :‌P

Also, "The Invisible Inc Typo Thread" should be "The Invisible, Inc Typo Thread" (missing comma in the name).

Now for an actual game typo (or two, apparently):

post-578633-0-32829200-1421639688_thumb.

vault Terminal → Vault Terminal

I'm a stickler for capitalizing.

DEACTIVE → INACTIVE

Deactive is not a proper English word.

Bonus points to anyone who can find the typo in my submission. If you want to be a real stickler on punctuation you could say that my typo is not including the "." within quotes, for instance in ' "...bothered". ' but that is not what I mean.

Archived