DST Insanity

Im not too sure how this is implemented because i personally have never gone insane in the beta. But wouldnt it be cool if when a characters insanity rises to it peak they see their friends(other players) as monsters. Much like the rabbits and neural mobs in the normal game.

As i said not sure if its already implemented let me know what you all think?

I like it! Even if the effect is only visual I think it'd be a neat quirk.

Visually i think it would be quite interesting to see, shadowy characters following you despit them being your friend.

I like this. I like it a lot. Like they get cabin fever, start hating everyone they're with. Interesting.

My thoughts exactly and maybe they could do something with damage maybe like setting one another on fire haha its just athought however.

How about having low sanity whilst starving makes your friends look like large shanks of meat with arms and legs?

Sounds like a good idea to me! I'd honestly like to see insanity do more (visual) things than it currently does.

I see walking tacos.

Haha, man I hope they add this, or at least consider it. Even if it's only visual like YCB said. 

XD cabin fever yes that's a nice way to put it. Considering how don't starve is now I say it could be implemented fairly easily. Though i may be wrong, I'm not all that code savvy just yet. And I wouldn't count seeing giant foods out just yet, its pretty probable.

Perhaps even to the point for example when you kill one of the corrupt mobs they drop monster meat and such well maybe injuring teammates could perhaps make them drop different meats as well hahah. Just another crazy idea.

I hope insanity will be the same like in single players, when killing nightmare monster gives you sanity and killing them would be faster. I mean, how i can get nightmare fuels when kilking one takes few minutes or even worse it dissapears. I like being always on sanity below 18, but when you can increase it by killing one of the nightmares not decreasing eventually. No fun in getting nightmare stuff... please, make that killing one gets you at least 15 of sanity :)

I hope insanity will be the same like in single players, when killing nightmare monster gives you sanity and killing them would be faster. I mean, how i can get nightmare fuels when kilking one takes few minutes or even worse it dissapears. I like being always on sanity below 18, but when you can increase it by killing one of the nightmares not decreasing eventually. No fun in getting nightmare stuff... please, make that killing one gets you at least 15 of sanity :)

I hope insanity will be the same like in single players, when killing nightmare monster gives you sanity and killing them would be faster. I mean, how i can get nightmare fuels when kilking one takes few minutes or even worse it dissapears. I like being always on sanity below 18, but when you can increase it by killing one of the nightmares not decreasing eventually. No fun in getting nightmare stuff... please, make that killing one gets you at least 15 of sanity :-)

Yeah that would be pretty sweet. Then again I don't se any reason why they'd remove the feature in the first place. The whole sanity/insanity thing is still pretty perplexing to me. But we'll see soon I suppose. 

Archived