(WIP) Human Charlie Mod

Nova Arson

I think a much simpler perk for charlie would be

-No fear of darkness (she's what goes bump in the night)

-When in darkness, she's not attacked and moves 3x as fast.

Since this is going to be a Human Charlie, and not the Grue, I'm unsure about the "No fear of Darkness" perk. That is a perk that's already considered, but given that she's actually afraid of the Shadows from Maxwells book, and that she was pulled into the Don't Starve world by the Shadow Hands/Them, along with being on a strange island, I'll probably have it to where she is afraid of the dark, though perhaps her sanity isn't drained as fast in it.

As for not being attacked in the dark, and moving 3x as fast, I feel like that would make her too OP, not to mention, if she's surrounded by darkness, she's supposed to turn into The Grue (which results in a game over/death).

Update: I changed her bangs to cover more of her forehead, like it does in the video when they get pulled into the DS world. I also have her dress almost done, at least from the front and back angle. Again, I'm needing help doing the other angles. The only thing I need to fix on her dress is the upper part where the neckline is, and that won't take long. I need to fix one of the bumps in her hair from the front view, and ass just a bit of detail to the flower in her hair. I still plan to go smooth out her eyes later as well.

48d6b95f2aa4cd945d1de0ee01ccfb9a.png9f6330e1df3a818ae62794c0a13c24be.png869a893e4710add58f5ba2c62a18c318.png6b65ea3fe0d6d28cc07c242a80a14733.png

Update: Since I actually went through and took screen caps, I actually redid her head. What do you guys think? I need to fix it up a bit, but I'll probably leave it alone for the moment. I'll be adding the hair pieces in a bit though.

tumblr_nfm3i19QII1u4qv44o1_250.pngtumblr_nfm3i19QII1u4qv44o2_250.pngtumblr_nfm3i19QII1u4qv44o3_250.pngtumblr_nfm3i19QII1u4qv44o4_250.png

What do you guys think?

Wait i'm confused. Did Klei actually make her and where did you find that video?

The Night Monster, or The Grue, is Charlie. Charlie was Maxwells assistant before they were pulled into the Don't Starve World. 

If you look at all of the William Carter Puzzle, it'll tell the story of where Maxwell came from originally, how he because Maxwell, where Charlie came from, and how they got sucked into Don't Starve.

Link to the wiki: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles

Update: The hair pieces are done, and face, are done. I need to fix the coloring a bit, but that's all for them.

All that's left for the animation is the dress, which, again, I need help with. If anyone's willing to help out with it, I'll be able to release the first version once that's done (along with the Big Portrait, save slot, and select screen).

I'm not sure when the Big Portrait will be finished, but after I adjust the small things on the color, I can make the save slot and select screen. 

Update: She’s good to go. I still need to do her dress, but I’m getting help with it. I’ll start working on the select screen and save screen thing tomorrow.

Once the dress is done, along with the big portrait, save screen, and select screen (and a few little things) I’ll be releasing Version 1.0 of the Human Charlie Mod. There won’t be any more updates until after new year when it’s released. While I’m gone I’ll let people comment and tell me any mistakes/glitches they see with it.

tumblr_nfmt9f8OsN1u4qv44o1_250.png

Update: Because of personal matters I won't be working on the art for the Mod until after new years. This also means that the first version of this mod won't be out until after 2015 starts. During now and until the new year I will be working on the dialogue. That will be the only thing I put energy towards until after all the Holiday stuff is done. Hopefully I do get a chance to work on the art a bit, and by the end of January I'll have version 1.0 of the Mod up.

So, until then, I won't be posting updates. I'll check on here until December 8th to answer questions, as well as check the Charlie blog I have up. You're free to give suggestions for the Mod, or ask questions about it.

In regards to the fear of darkness:

I see the Grue as insanity personified. I think she should not just be afraid of the dark but more so than any other character...  until she goes insane.  At the point where the screen starts showing crazy stuff id imagine her being able to see in the dark.  So while sane the darkness will drain her sanity but once she has flipped out into full panic mode the craziness comes out.

Since you might be considering making her friendly to shadow beasts, the penalty for being insane should be her acting more Grue-like and needing to strike out at living things. This could be slightly implied by just increasing how fast her hunger depletes while insane and only being able to eat meat.  Or maybe some other method.

Just brainstorming

If you are playing Charlie in the DS world, If you are in the darkness will the shadow Charlie will attack the player Charlie? Will the shadow Charlie will put out the campfire of the player Charlie?

I always thought of that humanoid shadow as maxwell trying to snuff out the lights, not charlie.  Odd

If you are playing Charlie in the DS world, If you are in the darkness will the shadow Charlie will attack the player Charlie? Will the shadow Charlie will put out the campfire of the player Charlie?

What will happen when Charlie's in darkness is her turning into the grue. It'll pretty much still be her getting attacked, but the dialogue will be changed to where she's questioning what's happening to her.

As for her campfire being put out, as seronis mentioned, I actually think that could be Maxwell. Either way, the shadow will still put the players fire out, for now at least.

In regards to the fear of darkness:

I see the Grue as insanity personified. I think she should not just be afraid of the dark but more so than any other character...  until she goes insane.  At the point where the screen starts showing crazy stuff id imagine her being able to see in the dark.  So while sane the darkness will drain her sanity but once she has flipped out into full panic mode the craziness comes out.

Since you might be considering making her friendly to shadow beasts, the penalty for being insane should be her acting more Grue-like and needing to strike out at living things. This could be slightly implied by just increasing how fast her hunger depletes while insane and only being able to eat meat.  Or maybe some other method.

Just brainstorming

I'm not exactly making her friendly to the shadow beasts, but more of them friendly towards her until she attacks. 

I actually have the thought that the more Grue like she becomes the more ragged she starts to look, sort of like Maxwell when he starts to look like he's going crazy in adventure mode. If anything, this could be part of a custom ending. When she goes grue enough, or she's almost to that point, if you make it to Maxwell, then you become the grue (but still win the game). 

Update: She’s good to go. I still need to do her dress, but I’m getting help with it. I’ll start working on the select screen and save screen thing tomorrow.

Once the dress is done, along with the big portrait, save screen, and select screen (and a few little things) I’ll be releasing Version 1.0 of the Human Charlie Mod. There won’t be any more updates until after new year when it’s released. While I’m gone I’ll let people comment and tell me any mistakes/glitches they see with it.

tumblr_nfmt9f8OsN1u4qv44o1_250.png

You should make her dress more long that it almost covered her whole feet.

Update: The Big Portrait is done for the Charlie Mod! Thank you theletterwsartflap for doing this! The picture looks amazing. 

As for what I need to do, I’m still only working on the dialog until after the new year, but once that comes around I’ll be working on the other stuff for the mod, that includes the select slot that’s just a black box atm. Updates will resume once again in 2015. I'll still be here to answer questions, as well as on my Charlie Blog. Link to said blog is in my signature

tumblr_nfuj6fOais1u4qv44o1_1280.jpg

Archived