Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Centzo

I'm having trouble downloading DLC help!

Centzo    0

I downloaded the Reign of Giants DLC and followed the steps for standalone here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1539788-how-do-i-install-reign-of-giants-for-standalone-humble-purchase- 

But when it finishes downloading nothing happens. It says something is supposed to pop up and that's where I put my key but nothing happens. I've followed the instructions step by step and tried downloading it multiple times. Help please!!!

JanH    6,404

Hey Centzo, are you downloading Reign of Giants for PC, Mac, or Linux? Did you first update your Don't Starve base game to the latest version? This'll ensure that your game is compatible with Reign of Giants files. Also before you get to the updater, you'll have to first install the expansion into the same folder as Don't Starve. 

After the expansion has been installed, launch Don't Starve - the Klei Updater should then pop up and prompt you to enter your game RoG game key. 

If you're sure that you've installed RoG properly but your updater is not showing up, you may want to try the steps in this update guide

Centzo    0

I'm on a PC. I saw that update guide and tried to follow the second option (the one at the bottom of the page) I opened all the files and everything matched apart from the file named 18. The file in my updater folder was named 20. I don't know if this is a more recent version or something but I opened that folder anyway and the two options were "updater" (with the orange picture) and one called "updater.exe.manifest" I tried clicking both and waiting each time but nothing happened. I didn't try the first, more detailed, option in that update guide because it says you have to enter your game key. I assume that is the don't starve base game key and I can't remember what that is. 

With installing the expansion into the same folder as don't starve, the first time I installed it straight into the first folder named don't starve (Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > DontStarve) The second time I installed it into a new folder within that same DontStarve folder. Is there a specific place I'm supposed to install it?

Sorry if this is long and thanks for your help, I just really want to play this expantion :joyous:  :love_heart:   :wickerbottomthanks:

JanH    6,404

Ah, I think I know what's causing the incompatibility issue. It looks like you've got an older version of Don't Starve (and subsequent installer "20") and it's not being able to update to the latest version of the game.

Your best, next step is to uninstall both Don't Starve and Reign of Giants, then go into your Humble download page for the base game and re-download it - this should give you the latest version of the updater "22" and should make your game client compatible with RoG.

(If you can't find your Humble Download page for DS, visit the Humble Bundle website to have the link resent to you or contact them to check to make sure that you used the right email address: https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender)

From there, just update Don't Starve and install Reign of Giants.

Centzo    0

I tried all the possible emails I could have use and none worked, which makes me think that I didn't buy it off humble bundle. Is that possible? I don't remember where I bought the game but I do remember first downloading the demo off the Chrome web store. From there I think I followed the Link to buy the full game from the don't starve website. Is there I way I can find my game key? Thank you so much.

JanH    6,404

Hmm, by chance, could you purchased Don't Starve from GoG.com? If you did, you'll have to access your GoG account/library and download the most updated Don't Starve installer from there.

If from the official Don't Starve site, could I get you to contact us directly at livesupport@kleientertainment.com and provide us with your transaction ID or Google Order Number as well as the email address you think you used to buy the game?