This is getting stupid

No one is giving keys to anyone anymore its all about selling the free keys Klei gave them only way you can get a key now is if you had signed up during the 1 day sign up or if you pay $10 sometimes more to some random guy who is probly scamming and will take your money and not give you beta key

Human nature is indeed a stupid thing. Why make a stranger happy without personal gain with a free product when you can monetize said free product and make a stranger happy aswell?

You could hope for a kind key donator or tune in for the DST livestream from Klei, they will give keys away during that. Else you're better off waiting...

yeah why are humans messed up when it comes to money

What do you mean?

Someone with an extra key has something of value. They're either going to give it to a friend, as a gift (which would be meaningless if it didn't have value) or want to exchange it for equivalent value.

It wasn't free to get keys. For me, I was reading the forums daily once DST was announced. I was also a beta tester way back when.

Accordingly, I gave my extra keys to friends. If I had extra, I wouldn't want them to go to some random person begging for a key.

What do you mean?

Someone with an extra key has something of value. They're either going to give it to a friend, as a gift (which would be meaningless if it didn't have value) or want to exchange it for equivalent value.

It wasn't free to get keys. For me, I was reading the forums daily once DST was announced. I was also a beta tester way back when.

Accordingly, I gave my extra keys to friends. If I had extra, I wouldn't want them to go to some random person begging for a key.

I played in Beta! I tested beta for Vanilla and ROG! I've visited the forums almost daily since DST was announced! But I don't have a key! 

These things you quote do not make you more qualified to have a key. It just means you got lucky. And yes, it was free to get keys (unless you bought one in the Depot)

No one is giving keys to anyone anymore its all about selling the free keys Klei gave them only way you can get a key now is if you had signed up during the 1 day sign up or if you pay $10 sometimes more to some random guy who is probly scamming and will take your money and not give you beta key

Don't worry, you will have your DST sooner or later TzyaGpq.gif

I've heard that patience is a virtue (now you've heard it).

On the other hand, there's an upside - the more you wait, the more polished the game will be when you get in. I almost never got any betas early but I just don't care. Why should I?

There are risks involved with trading. People have been informed, how to trade safely. This may sound harsh, but I am more and more less sympathetic to those going, "Oh, I didn't know." There is so much information on these forums now.

I would personally love to see suggestions on what they could do to fix the situation. I noticed only two so far.

• Remove the Key Depot forum entirely. <- But this comes with added problems.

Ex: 1. Rest of the forums cluttered with key related talk. (Be it trading/asking/begging/or even just questions relating to it.) - And I know several people, when there was a key topic in general chat, everyone was quick to say, "Not here! Take it to the key depot!" Which what would people say when it's gone? Delete the thread?

2. As Joe said, they would go somewhere else, and be even less informed.[Personal edit: Felt uncomfortable giving malicious type idea's out / but I'm aware of evil things people could do in order to scam. Outside these "walls"]*shakes head*

• Change the name of the Key Depot.

Edit: I wasn't done typing! Argh! (accidentally hit enter)

But those were some things, that come to my mind. = I'd love to see more suggestions/solutions/ideas. Like let's discuss it and break it down. Could it work? Could it not work? Is it a viable solution etc.

And also it would be nice if people informed themselves before taking risks.

What do you mean?

You do realize that the keys don't, and will never have, any "value"  the key is given free, and when the expansion does come out to all players, it too will be free. there is no market value because everything about it s completely free.

Archived