360 controller bug

Vitz

I'm having an issue with the B button on my wired 360 controller. Whenever it's used to back out of a menu, the button press registers in the game itself. I often take a look at the map when I'm in hiding, and backing out of the map screen causes you to unintentionally get out of hiding. I've died quite often because of this.

I'm using an ordinary wired 360 controller without any 3rd party applications that do anything with the controller. No weird drivers either, simply the ones Windows 8.1 installs automatically.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 4770K (Stock speeds)

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 motherboard

8GB G.Skill Ares 2400MHz

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (fully updated)

Another thing I ran into (that has nothing to with the bug above) is that late in the game, when you encounter the second stalker, there's a checkpoint that's not very well thought out. After dying, it caused me to spawn right in front of the stalker. Naturally, the stalker instantly sees me and kills me, after which the same thing happens again. I had to restart the level because of this (not that I was very far in, but still).

Archived