What grinds your gears about DST beta.

The fact that the beta's still closed, and the people who have keys keep saying "Nah, it's super buggy right now, you wouldn't want to play."

I meaaaan would you rather it be rushed and full of bugs like most AAA titles on launch? We don't have caves yet, there's a serious lag problem (Which I understand was addressed but is still very much so a problem) and a lot of the balance hasn't been worked out. The problem is that people are looking to play rather than test. Because that's what this is. Testing. 9/10 times that I'm playing I play with my buddy, we see something happen in our world, we have to hop into a testing world and re-create the problem. Not exactly the most fun way to play, especially considering how little there actually is to do.

<angry rant on> the lack of dev support for the mod community the past year<angry ran off> I love this game and Klei, I just wish the devs were more willing to work with us, there is so much that we want to do with our modding, but we need some support.

-Willows who burn things down immediately, especially when it's a forest. 1: That is not necessary and 2: unless you're freezing, you have no reason to burn everything down.

-People who ask me what to do when they sit around doing nothing. Like, okay, I understand you're client and all, but I'm not going to be your boss and order you around like slaves. Chop down trees, gather food, anything.

-People who take my stuff from chests and log off immediately without putting it back.

-Resource wasters.

-WXs who consume my remaining gears then leave forever.

Did you say slaves? Slaves? I will take those slaves off your hands, yes please. Things just got interesting.

I meaaaan would you rather it be rushed and full of bugs like most AAA titles on launch? We don't have caves yet, there's a serious lag problem (Which I understand was addressed but is still very much so a problem) and a lot of the balance hasn't been worked out. The problem is that people are looking to play rather than test. Because that's what this is. Testing. 9/10 times that I'm playing I play with my buddy, we see something happen in our world, we have to hop into a testing world and re-create the problem. Not exactly the most fun way to play, especially considering how little there actually is to do.

I'm talking about an open beta. Like we had with all of the base game updates.

I'm just no fan of public servers but in the general sense;

-The rubber banding lag (I can deal with lag but when you're shown to be away from monsters but your hitbox is still by the beast like you're suddenly unable to outrun them and you get flung back as you die, it can get irritating)

-Griefers...Just griefers... Be it people who hammer your stuff down, Willows who burn everything you have down (reason why I'm actually removing her from the menu), wasting the resources we have by taking it and logging off or throwing food on the ground and letting it rot

ALL FOOD IS GOOD FOOD! MONSTER MEAT AND DURIANS ARE GOOD FILLER!!!

=Let it be known, if you know a troll/griefer let some people know. Those people have ruined their chances if that is all they're going to do and will be banned immediately by me.

-Completely incompetent people, whiners, or people who keep bugging the host for everything and the kitchen sink. Do I look like a vault supply for you? I'm not going to hold your hand and guide you through everything, I'll tell you how to get to base and you can ask for basic supplies, but don't expect anyone to baby you. As host I'm not going to give you everything you want. We play to survive and have fun.

Simple as that.

-I don't like that freezing in place disconnection. I feel like that should be changed, freezing in place while disconnecting is bad for life. I've had to op myself to find people and interact to get them out of the spot. :T

Language barriers are difficult but I can live with them, so long as the person is safe, that's okay. But I have English speakers who can't even speak properly and are asking for everything every 2 seconds. I'm tempted to kick them but I'm trying to be nice...I am not the happiest when it comes to public servers... :T

As for playing alone, I do open test servers on occasion. They only are there to look over everything new and see what's going on for the game.

-Completely incompetent people, whiners, or people who keep bugging the host for everything and the kitchen sink. Do I look like a vault supply for you? I'm not going to hold your hand and guide you through everything, I'll tell you how to get to base and you can ask for basic supplies, but don't expect anyone to baby you. As host I'm not going to give you everything you want. We play to survive and have fun.

Simple as that.

"Why do you people keep opening Chester to see how much nothing I put in Chester?"

"Why do you people keep opening Chester to see how much nothing I put in Chester?"

That was seriously grinding on my nerves cuz I was more worried they were going to steal from the pumpkin and just leave with stuff again. It gets me nervous and slightly irritated.

I don't put any gear for people in there unless necessary.

I have no idea what they were looking for but it would get on my nerves cuz they'd go open him up, close him, 10 seconds later, open him up.

I'm sorry if that was getting bothersome but it was just seriously grating on my nerves. l:s

The fact that the beta's still closed, and the people who have keys keep saying "Nah, it's super buggy right now, you wouldn't want to play."

It's like that "oatmeal crisp" cereal commercial! "oh yeah, it's so good. But you wouldn't like it!"

Archived