Release date

The official release date:

Whenever Klei says so.

Klei said summer 2014.

Given that my nipples are rock hard right now from the change in climate and NOT from the excitement of playing DST, i'm going to say Summer is over and the phrase "Whenever Klei says so" should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Klei said summer 2014.

Given that my nipples are rock hard right now from the change in climate and NOT from the excitement of playing DST, i'm going to say Summer is over and the phrase "Whenever Klei says so" should be taken with a pinch of salt.

They didn't say they were releasing it summer 2014. They said "we're aiming to let you get your hands on it", which to me means "we're trying really hard to make sure that people outside of Klei start being able to play". They started the beta a little later, so they didn't miss it by that much. When people say "Whenever Klei says so" in this context, they mean that Klei is avoiding setting any deadlines or projected timeline because it's so unpredictable at this stage.

Klei said summer 2014.

They didn't say that as a release date. They said they were aiming to have a playable version, which, is nowadays known as something called a "closed beta"

They didn't say they were releasing it summer 2014. They said "we're aiming to let you get your hands on it", which to me means "we're trying really hard to make sure that people outside of Klei start being able to play". They started the beta a little later, so they didn't miss it by that much. When people say "Whenever Klei says so" in this context, they mean that Klei is avoiding setting any deadlines or projected timeline because it's so unpredictable at this stage.

They didn't say that as a release date. They said they were aiming to have a playable version, which, is nowadays known as something called a "closed beta"

A direct quote from JoeW "Don’t Starve Together -- Multiplayer Officially Coming Summer 2014" as seen here http://steamcommunity.com/games/219740/announcements/detail/1551799247328015380 .

The forum posted linked in the steam post was edited to say "Don't Starve Together -- Multiplayer Alpha Officially Coming Summer 2014".

A direct quote from JoeW "Don’t Starve Together -- Multiplayer Officially Coming Summer 2014" as seen here http://steamcommunity.com/games/219740/announcements/detail/1551799247328015380 .

The forum posted linked in the steam post was edited to say "Don't Starve Together -- Multiplayer Alpha Officially Coming Summer 2014".

edited for clarification

I'm so confused you quoted me with no response besides an edit notice. Also it wouldn't let me edit my post didn't notice I said "forum posted" oops.

Sorry, that was my fault for being confusing. I meant that the post you were quoting wasn't posted to hide or update anything, just edited for clarification. That's not the only place the "soft release date" has been mentioned in a thread, and the other places all refer to the alpha release. We're in beta now. 

Try to keep the condescending replies down to a minimum yes? I know what a closed beta is. When Klei says Multiplayer OFFICIALLY coming summer 2014, i see that as clever marketing as there is no solid affirmation of what context "officially" means in that statement. So my misunderstanding that i thought the game would be out by now is just. 

You got "we're aiming to let you get your hands on it" from "officially coming summer 2014"?

You must get let down alot? lol I suppose in my naivety i like to take the word as it's meaning intends instead of interpretation based on previous shortcomings. 

ALOT of people have been misunderstood by Klei's announcement and as it is NOT out yet, it's obvious they either meant closed beta, Alpha, or unfortunately got a little behind. 

@MrFitch http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35989-dont-starve-together-multiplayer-alpha-officially-coming-summer-2014/

When is it coming out?

We are aiming to let you get your hands on it late this summer; beyond that, we don't know the specifics yet. That could change, but we are pretty confident that we will be able to get things together for you by then.

We don't have a solid roadmap yet, but it's safe to say that we will likely have an early alpha before going to Steam Early Access beta, just like we did with Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants expansion.

Edit: removed some awkward extra empty lines that showed up in the quote

As I was exploring more, I literally came across this the other day. http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/613941122749373594/#c613941122797028862 Literally seems like the same discussion. And I've noticed a few other things that bothered me...

/Rant :snarlingspider:

I know I have just recently came to these forums, but I quickly was able to see what a great company this is and the great values they hold. So, you could argue and say it was lies or misleading, but meh, I don't agree with that. For reasons already stated, and simply they have been very forward about everything. It's thanks to them that this is even becoming a reality. I know things can easily get "lost in translation", but to call them liars or such (not saying anyone here is specifically, just saying and speaking in general). Is too harsh and just not right or fair. They are working hard on making this a reality for everyone, and I am grateful for the opportunity to eventually be able to play it (with my friends). And to top it all off.... For FREE!  Some people seem to think that they have a right to this. As far as I'm concerned it's a privilege. And I for one am very, incredibly thankful to everyone involved that is working very hard and helping make this a reality. They really deserve a reward, but at the very least, a thank you. I hope they know there are so many people out there that are so very grateful and appreciate how much they work they are putting into this.

So, from the bottom of my furry little :love_heart:, Thank you Klei. 

:wickerbottomthanks:

/end rant

Just my thoughts, I'm going to wash my hands of this now and I meant no offense to anybody. Take care.

Disclaimer: I meant no offense to anyone, but I wanted to express my appreciation for what I've been seeing. When I get irked by certain things, I feel the need to say something.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That was mine. Good day~

*walks off*

To add to the above post I'd just like to say it also kind of bothers me when I see people judging the closed beta as if it were a complete product. We're here for testing purposes more so than playing the game and that should be taken into consideration while you are playing. And FFS stop complaining about features not implemented yet. Good games take time and every Klei game I've played has been wonderful and well made. I'm sure that doesn't happen over night.

as anyone who want to sell his products, klei is just doing his own good advertisment.

Klei is building up the expectations so that his clients will buy klei product.

Klei lied about Dont starve togheter would pop out in 2014 summer? Intentional? non intentional? i dont really care. it's  just normal advertsment. This is how business goes almost everywhere.

Afterall if klei wouldnt advertise as they did, i probably wouldnt know about this expansion at all.

as anyone who want to sell his products, klei is just doing his own good advertisment.

Klei lied about Dont starve togheter would pop out in 2014 summer? Intentional? non intentional? i dont really care. it's  just normal advertsment. This is how business goes almost everywhere.

Afterall if klei wouldnt advertise as they did, i probably wouldnt know about this expansion at all.

They never lied. They never said it would be FINISHED by Summer 2014. They said they wanted us to get our hands on it, and we did on September 22nd (the end of summer). 

(I'm getting tired of typing these three sentences out :p)

Klei lied about Dont starve togheter would pop out in 2014 summer? Intentional? non intentional? i dont really care. it's just normal advertsment. This is how business goes almost everywhere.

Archived