Anyone else thinks that emotes are kinda pointless?

how many emotes they add, I didn't check all I remember dance, wave, happy?

As you probably noticed from watching the video, most of these are aliases for the same emotes. From the files:

wave and waves will pick one of two wave animations.

goaway, bye, and goodbye will pick one of two different wave animations.

The rest all have one possible animation, here are the groups:

• cheercheershappy
  • angryangergrimacegrimacesfrustratefrustratedfrustration
  • sadcry
  • annoyedannoynoshakeheadshakeconfuseconfused
  • clickheelclickheelsjoycelebratecelebration
  • dance -- this is just the walking animation, though
  • bonesawreadygoingnowhereplaytimethreeminutes -- these seem to be in a special category, although I haven't figured out why yet
As for the much-coveted facepalm animation, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it yet.

I love DS, I really do, and I love the idea DST. I just would prefer it if they finished the single-player first before moving to multi-player. 

Wait, the game isn't finished? I was playing an unfinished game this whole time? Nooooo.

jk

I don't think I would be a good gamedev, I would probably tell many people to just shut up.

They didn't have to make DST at all. Be grateful for what you have.

this phrase has a lot more meaning than intended...

Edit: also, you guys who don't understand the entire "fix caves" thing(to which I agree), it's not as in fix their bugs, it's fix them gameplay-wise. Caves have been, ever since they were implemented, something that doesn't really factor much into your game. I'm quite sure that renewable rocks and better tools don't justify creating 2 new dimensions. Caves need a purpose. That's what people mean when they say "fix caves".

I like the emotes. For a multiplayer game I think it's a good addition.

As far as fixing the single player game, games are never finished, even when they're done working on them. On one of the dev casts, Seth himself said when it comes to people complaining about bugs he says he goes through a process of deciding is this is worth the time and effort to fix, therefore apparently they are satisfied with their current product at the moment, or at least they don't have a high priority for it compared to what they are working on, assuming they are still working on the singleplayer, which I assume they are based on the fact they've had updates. I think a part of it boils down to the demand of the players and the majority vote has a lot of sway, however that doesn't mean your voice doesn't count.

I've only recently started playing Don't Starve and from what little I've read on these forums and/or heard from the dev casts, it seems multiplayer has been a topic for a long time. I count it a miracle that I was playing and was thinking as me and my family was playing, "We should play this together!" until we realized there was no multiplayer and then voila, I heard an announcement they was working on multiplayer. I've been excited since the beginning of around spring when I first heard about it.

Archived