Anyone else thinks that emotes are kinda pointless?

I agree with emote being useless for gameplay (as it is).

But I disagree with emote being useless to the game.

It brings immersion and fun, isn't that a big part of the game ? fun ?

People in general loves emote, so Klei couldn't make some for a multiplayer game. So be it ! And I too will love cute emotes :love_heart:

I would love seeing emotes being part of the gameplay with Wes too. With special emotes just for him, with ballons maybe ?

I think it's great to have a real hardcore character. Maybe some servers will be "Wes only" just for the challenge. Special emotes just for him, will bring more people to try the challenge too :-)

They seem to be a nice gimmicky thing, at least for now. And obviously easier to implement than the caves working for multiple people on the same world at once. (most) People like 'em, plus there could be another reason to implement emotes. There's apparently a lot of young players playing DS(T), as evidenced by the reply from Klei on the whole cannibalism matter. If Klei would introduce a form of quickchat into the game alongside the emotes, aka add this http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/42018-the-first-dst-specific-mod-status-announcements/ into DST, there could be an option to not have any user input chat when making a server. 

This could offer the younger audience (I'm talking younger and more polite than trashtalking 12 y/o's) a safer environment to play multiplayer DS in, whilst still being able to play with absolute strangers. And for their parents, provided they actually care and monitor what their young child does on the internet.  If you haven't noticed during the development of DS(T), Klei wants the game to appeal to almost the entire userbase, which is good both for the majority of the customers (you cannot please everyone) and Klei themselves. Plus, it could work for people who don't want to break the immersion from the DS world.

... And your fellow French mute survivors! :p

The point of playing DST is to play together. You are not going to be there reading people's expressions when you talk to people. It's a great thing to express emotions with your characters (Especially poor Wes, you guys are so evil to him sheesh. ) and to have fun.

Honestly it probably didn't take that long to create relative to the larger updates in the game

And besides, look at this little guy, he's so adorable! Especially when he comes in, sets your camp on fire, and kills your friends.

maxresdefault.jpg

You're obviously clueless as to the work that goes into coding all these things. Someone like @rezecib could go on for days explaining all the complicated ins and outs of even making something that's fairly simple.

lol

Edit: And I'll be happy when the government stops messing around with tax law and fixes the environment, right?

I know right? Why can't the devs just press their "Implement Feature Instantly" button?

When I meant fix the caves, I meant in singleplayer....Which is finished...Apparently.

I agree with emote being useless for gameplay (as it is).

But I disagree with emote being useless to the game.

It brings immersion and fun, isn't that a big part of the game ? fun ?

People in general loves emote, so Klei couldn't make some for a multiplayer game. So be it ! And I too will love cute emotes :love_heart:

I would love seeing emotes being part of the gameplay with Wes too. With special emotes just for him, with ballons maybe ?

I think it's great to have a real hardcore character. Maybe some servers will be "Wes only" just for the challenge. Special emotes just for him, will bring more people to try the challenge too :-)

Immersion was destroyed the moment they had more than one Wilson running around. 

When I meant fix the caves, I meant in singleplayer....Which is finished...Apparently.

Immersion was destroyed the moment they had more than one Wilson running around. 

The amount of misinformed information and ungratefulness in your comments is unbelievable. How can a veteran of the forums with over 500 posts be so ignorant and ungrateful?

Klei let the choice to the players.

You can play with one wilson and one of each character if you want (and if you care about immersion).

But then, immersion wasn't my only point.

Fix the caves ? I lurk a bit but not too much in the caves haven't see any bug around.

The emotes are a beyond awesome touch to DST, and as many people before me have said, Klei has different people to work on different things in the beta.  So it likely does only take one or two artists to draw the animations for the emotes.

Plus, they're already implemented into the game.  What is the use of complaining about something that's already implemented, ye know?  They truly are a nice touch, so you should aim to enjoy 'em.  I personally can't wait to see what else is in store for 'em!

(Also, I accidentally reported a message in this topic that I didn't mean to report, so to any mods reviewing this topic, please don't punish that person.)  :wilson_flower:

The amount of misinformed information and ungratefulness in your comments is unbelievable. How can a veteran of the forums with over 500 posts be so ignorant and ungrateful?

I love DS, I really do, and I love the idea DST. I just would prefer it if they finished the single-player first before moving to multi-player. 

We all love Don't Starve, but you don't get it mate.  The single player (and the multi player) will never be finished, as there is always room for expansions and new content.  That's a good thing. 

Indie labors of love don't just wrap up and move on to their next game, the devs continue improving what is already there and adding more and more content- whether it be Don't Starve, Awesomenauts, or any other number of indie titles. 

It truly is a good thing!

We all love Don't Starve, but you don't get it mate.  The single player (and the multi player) will never be finished, as there is always room for expansions and new content.  That's a good thing. 

Indie labors of love don't just wrap up and move on to their next game, the devs continue improving what is already there and adding more and more content- whether it be Don't Starve, Awesomenauts, or any other number of indie titles. 

It truly is a good thing!

But they said it was finished, in fact, I made a post where everyone was shouting at me that it was finished! 

If you hate emotes

I guess that means you think the conga and all other taunts in TF2 is pointless

Well they aren't

I'll have you know I kill most of my enemies through the ancient art of conga

But I think it works there because it fits the goofiness of TF2...

I don´t think it works for Don´t Starve AT ALL.

Archived