Don't Starve Together Mods FAQ

buenas a todos, esta es la primera vez que comento aqui, nunca he tenido problemas con el juego pero esta vez me trae por el camino de la amargura, he metido los mods en su carpeta correspondiente he cambiado el setting.ini me meto en el juego activo los mods en la interfaz de mods del juego y cuando inicio partida me crashea y no me deja usarlos...

¿Alguna solución, o alguien que me pueda orientar sobre alguna pagina que me pueda ayudar?

Translated Version: Good at all, this is the first time I commented here, I never had problems with the game but this time brings me down the path of bitterness, I've gotten the appropriate folder in your mods have changed the setting.ini I get into the active interface mods mod the game and when I start playing game crashed me and not let me use ...

Any solutions, or someone who can guide me about some product that can help me?

Original: buenas a todos, esta es la primera vez que comento aqui, nunca he tenido problemas con el juego pero esta vez me trae por el camino de la amargura, he metido los mods en su carpeta correspondiente he cambiado el setting.ini me meto en el juego activo los mods en la interfaz de mods del juego y cuando inicio partida me crashea y no me deja usarlos...

¿Alguna solución, o alguien que me pueda orientar sobre alguna pagina que me pueda ayudar?

First off Welcome to the Klei Forums. Here, we have to speak English for everyone to understand everyone. The thing is as stated here in the FAQ is that just about every mod has to be reworked for DST. Can you give us a list of the mods you were using (yes, this includes language packs)

P.S I provided translations from English to Spanish texts so you can understand.

Traducido en español: Primero Foro de Klei. Aquí, tenemos que hablar Inglés para todo el mundo para entender todo el mundo. La cosa es que como se ha dicho aquí en el FAQ es que casi todos los mod tiene que ser vuelto a trabajar para el horario de verano. ¿Nos puedes dar una lista de los mods que estaba usando (sí, esto incluye los paquetes de idiomas)

PS I, siempre y traducciones de Inglés a textos en español para que pueda entender.

Edited by Pyromailmann

ok sorry. i use

• Minimap HUD
  • More Map Icons
  • backpack and amulet
  • display food values

backpack and amulet might not be compatible.

I recommend you remove it. If you want to use a backpack-amulet mod use RPG HUD Barebones you can get it in the DST UI modpack. And minimap hud is kinda buggy atm.

Edited by Pyromailmann

ok, in the time I've had this afternoon, you've used the RPG HUD default bare bones and the RPG HUD neat bare bones, They dont works for me and I get the error message, I've also used other RPG HUD had on page and nothing. I attached a picture with the error if you know something

RGCtol.png

@oltana, No puede usar los mod versiones para Don't Starve, necesita usar los versiones aqui:

What mods work with Don't Starve Together?
Mods from single-player Don't Starve will almost certainly not work. Unless you are a mod developer, do not try to use them. As far as I know, these are all the publicly-available mods that work with Don't Starve Together:

Hello, @rezecib, can you add my mod (this one) to your list?

Currently it supports vanilla DS, ROG and since v3.2 it does support Don't Starve Together aswell (both client and server sides) :joyous:

Translations are taken into use only for the local copy of the game (even for host).

Edited by Some1

I would recommend getting the Puppy Princess a Green Go to the DST. It's Top Rated and way well done, for all the akward ways she works.

Keep up the good job and hope to see more coming to this splendid Game! Enjoying it massively so far!

If somebody could pull this off, in spite of no DST Mod API existing yet, perhaps a mod that makes it so that once you've sighted a friend, the directional screen marker would have infinite range, would certainly be appreciated.

Also, i'm presuming this would be a good place to put down a mod suggestion or two. Even ones that aren't doable. That way, when the API comes out, those who want to make DST mods can keep busy :3

I would recommend getting the Puppy Princess a Green Go to the DST. It's Top Rated and way well done, for all the akward ways she works. Keep up the good job and hope to see more coming to this splendid Game! Enjoying it massively so far!

Did you test it with other people in the game? That's a major hurdle for most mods, even if everyone has the mod. Without modification, I would expect that most new items would be invisible to clients, since it doesn't have the AddNetwork() line.

Only two of us. He got two Keys for me and him only, while i did apply for Beta, but never got any Keys, and i had applied since somewhere an hour or so before the Registration occured.

But back to topic. Yes, we tried it, and it kept crashing so far, we have the same Version, doesn't it affect Client Wise on the Game itself, Server and each Players in the game's Version of it and the Game Client itself? I can re-test that theory, as we got patched. But i have another problem before i can play this...without my PC crashing the Game without any Errors or whatsoever. Here's what happens.

After some time, that depends Time from Minutes to Hour and so forth, without paying much attention to it, as it randomly occurs. The Game crashes for no reason, whatsoever! And it has put me and my Friend off so badly from the Game, and it does that at the most inconvient times. I'd appreciate solving that issue in future. Not sure where to put this...Reply, or if it even belongs here. But this is the three things i got to complain or talk about in general.

Thank you for listening and hope to see more of DST!

Yeah, well, there seems to be a fair share of mods for Don't Starve that don't get around to Steam at all. I think that I might make a thread myself both to homage aredshroom's work, and to help keep it all in one nice place for those who don't care for Steam workshop.

Well, given that DST is only on Steam for now, and Steam Workshop's automatic download support is essential to most mods functioning properly, I think it's probably better to encourage people to use the Workshop.

I think it's worth noting that DST will be coming to other platforms eventually tho. Also, I'm not 100% sure how the automatic server mod downloads work, but I don't think it's dependent on it being a Steam Workshop mod.

It's 100% dependent on being in the workshop right now. The game warns you if you enable a non-workshop mod that clients won't be able to get it from you. 

@Silentdarkness1, Well, PeterA's been working really hard on getting mods to automatically download, and using the Workshop for it was the simplest and safest way to do it.

We talked a little about whether automatic downloads would be done outside of the Workshop, and he said he wants to avoid it if at all possible, because then you get into the domain of things having the potential to be maliciously viral. 

• Developer

I think it's worth noting that DST will be coming to other platforms eventually tho. Also, I'm not 100% sure how the automatic server mod downloads work, but I don't think it's dependent on it being a Steam Workshop mod.

It's 100% dependent on being in the workshop right now. The game warns you if you enable a non-workshop mod that clients won't be able to get it from you. 

rezecib is correct. When the all_clients_require_mod flag is true in the modinfo, the clients will be required to have the mod that the server is running. If the mod is from the Steam Workshop, and the client doesn't already have it, then the client will download it from the Workshop automatically on joining the server. So it's recommended that mods that need to run on the clients should be part of the DST Workshop.