New character?

You know guys, there are 2 possibilities:

1. It's a possible teaser for Charlie, DST somehow healed(?) her from the nightmare fuel, so she's no more gruel. In that case, there should be coming soon something that would explain who is now the gruel. Also, they would need to change her name, since this game somehow only accepts characters with names that starts on W or M.

2. The flower is Abigail's, placed next to a Maxwell book can be a symbolic way to show people that Abigal and Maxwell might be linked with eachother. Wendy is a twin sister of Abigail, sooo....

...Gentelments, it may be just me, but do someone else smell a scent of a new origin story forming up in the air? (

)

1. It's a possible teaser for Charlie, DST somehow healed(?) her from the nightmare fuel, so she's no more gruel. In that case, there should be coming soon something that would explain who is now the gruel. Also, they would need to change her name, since this game somehow only accepts characters with names that starts on W or M.

2. The flower is Abigail's, placed next to a Maxwell book can be a symbolic way to show people that Abigal and Maxwell might be linked with eachother. Wendy is a twin sister of Abigail, sooo....

...Gentelments, it may be just me, but do someone else smell a scent of a new origin story forming up in the air? (
)

No, if they added Charlie (or Pyro, or Abigiail) it'd ruin the DS Style of W's and M's. Plus Charlie is the best enemy in the game. She can 2 hit kill Wilson and 1 hit kill Maxwell and Wes. Charlie wouldn't make sense either. If there's no grue then there's no enemy for the rest of the characters. Plus, Klei never touched on how Charlie becomes Grue... yet.

Nice OC btw

)

One does not simply just change the story of a game.

)

I guess taht cannot be Charlie,and i have my awensers:

1.Now you can revive ghosts in DST,but Charlie isn't a Ghost,She doesn't glow like any other ghost

2.Charlie doesn't realy died,at the final puzzle,a shadow hand takes she and...i don't know what heppen,but she is not ded,just diferent...(SCIENCE!)

2.5-So was confirmed peoples just turn ghosts when they die,and at "2",i said she doesn't died

3.Peoples say she is a shadow monster,but this afirmation is FALSE,how can i prove?It's simple.Insane or NOT,Charlie appears at night to kill you...

But have a 30% that be Charlie

like...maybe her flower is the cure

Whatever

this is MY opinion,you have your and i have mine

But have a 30% that be Charlie

like...maybe her flower is the cure

Whatever

this is MY opinion,you have your and i have mine

Look, the flower is an either-or situation. It's like religion, you can choose to believe one or not. That's fine.

But seriously devs give a hint at who's flower it is.

There was already a topic about this called whos it this mystery woman, and someone pointed out in the don't starve together sign up picture with all the people in it (blacked out pictures of Wolfgang, Willow, ect) but Wendy wasn't there unless the "New charecter you are talking about isn't real" (The new person isn't real they are just Wendy)

it's not Wendy, it's her 2nd twin. Which is also evil. And she's also Charlie/Charlie's twin.

I'm going to my corner of shame now.

Wendy and Abby are kin to Maxwell. Charlie can not be Abby.

Every now and then there is some requests that keep popping up. Multiplayer, cannibalism, meteors, full moon effects, etc are all examples. Charlie being a playable character was another suggestion that reappears every now and then. Normally people would call the suggester crazy, saying this would mess with the night mechanics.

It is highly possible Klei has decided to do something crazy again. The way the video is set up makes it 100% obvious that Charlie will be included in the game outside of the Alien sounding monster that lives in the shadows. That rose either means people can use it as a item to do something related to the night time Charlie, or it will be a new playable Charlie's special item. 

I am leaning towards Charlie being a new character, as that was the impression I had from the video and reuniting Charlie and Maxwell screams multiplayer shenanigans. To those who dread the thought addition of Charlie as a character, know that Klei does not do anything they aren't sure about. They would never haphazardly add a character, and they would go about this with a strong dedication to give us a really cool experience.  Just like multiplayer.

No, if they added Charlie (or Pyro, or Abigiail) it'd ruin the DS Style of W's and M's. 

Since the W name thing was initially unintentional and they considered adding Pyro so many times, I don't think they care much about the W thing. Maybe important characters to the lore (Maxwell) can get away without the W name because they are supposed to stand out more.

"Why do these ones have different names, Siri?"

It's Wendy. End of discussion. Charlie is not a new character. You can rule out Abigail as well because she's not a W character.

Eh, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Is it likely that either of these characters will be added? No. But on the other hand, neither was multiplayer.

I'd hate to rain on your parade, but...

57KHfdR.png

As you can see, the character portraits of Wes, Wendy, and Wolfgang fit almost perfectly to the silhouettes.

Since you guys might say "NO! There is still excess stuff that don't fit in the portraits!", keep in mind that the comic is hand-drawn and the portal has some kind of distortion effect.

Archived