Sign in to follow this  
Dr Tanner

Share ur home base! NEWER one

Dr Tanner    30

I finally feel like I'm learning to play this game properly.

Posted Image

Now that I've got a couple of meat effigies going, we should be hunky dory for some very considerable time now, provided I don't do anything stupid.

Dr Tanner    30

So I don't know if anyone's interested, but here's a bit of an update on the base.

Posted Image

Took out ten of the berry bushes to make room for more turbo farms. Moved the remaining bushes to make everything pretty. Ridiculous number of meat effigies. Rabbits and grass everywhere. There are bees now. Just in the lower left there's a ring of tooth traps with a massive pile of monster meat in the middle, which is meant to be a distraction for hounds. Normally it works.

So very nearly to that 200-day benchmark and still going strong - the only spider nest on the map is one I've put there, and now I'm having Wilson go out each day to kill tentacles just for kicks. Eventually this entire island is going to provide no threat whatsoever, except for when hounds come.

Calamity0o0    10

It seems like a lot of people have a shortage of bees! Same here, although I have an abundance of killer bees... so I get stung a lot without the bonus of being able to make a bee box ><

Joy    11

Map:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Base:

Posted Image

Pig Condos:

Posted Image

Enjoying the new test map gen. The map before this I started in a grassy biome..so excited until I realized only 1 Beefalo had spawned. Sooo started a new game and the map above was created for me. This one has 7 Beefalo total. I can't wait til they fix the glitch so the Pig King will spawn. All those graves are just teasing me!

Zauren    10
post-7016-13764590053387_thumb.jpgThis is my first game where I got a permanent base up and going. To the east is beefalo and the north is a pig village. A quarry, swamp, and two grasslands are about a third a day's jog away. I've survived 3 hound attacks so far by leading them to the beefalo; i have about 12 so I haven't lost any of them outside wandering off a million miles. Short term goals: More bees. Do bee hives generate their own bees, or should I transplant new ones?

Cryx    10

Another world explored, not a pig king or mandrake in sight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My base, surrounded by trees, just south of 7 tallbird nests.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]889[/ATTACH]I'm pretty happy with this base / map overall. I found a spot where 3 biomes converge (which looks nice, at least for me), right in the middle of beefalos, and it's close to everything I need : Pig King, tallbirds and swamps. Surely I'm going to keep this save until the next update. My only (minor) dissatisfaction is that I could only get 2 bee boxes. I wanted at least 5 like in my previous world, but I've explored the whole map and it had only 2 bee hives.

The symmetry..... It is beautful!

Base # 2I like it because it has a clean look to me. The chests... they are ultimately aligned :D However, there are less then 6 beefalo left D:post-6191-1376459011925_thumb.jpgpost-6191-13764590119615_thumb.jpgCant forget my pigs :Dpost-6191-13764590119909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Higgsbury II

Lynge    10

Since the game is out for a while and the old thread died, how about we share our base here =)......

since i have so much silk, i just make a tent city!Posted Image

my main area Posted Image

Man you need alot of poop for those beries :p

DeadlyFoez    16

I've got 7 berry bushes at my base, and I don't ever harvest them. I keep them only for looks. I have plenty more in my chests, but I feel no need to put them out.

Little Teemo    15

it is and yeah i'm on my 300 something and going to start over Soon, probably after the fix of the new map gen, and dear god, u have a lot of shet on ur base, i love ur gold idea, it's pretty