Do these characters need tweaking?

Wilson - He is very simple, but not jack-of-all-trades simple. If the rest of the characters gets added, he becomes only of little use. His beard gives little purpose to a team play as there are easier and less risky ways to revive other players. His beard's insulation only provides warmth for him only.

Willow - Basically a less useful version of Wilson. Her low sanity along with her "light a fire when nervous" downside could easily burn the team's hard work into a pile of ashes. Her fire sanity aura and immunity upsides only gives little purpose to her and serves no purpose at all to a team. Her lighter can also easily be replaced by a cheap and brighter torch. 

Wolfgang - While very powerful in single-player, in multiplayer he might become a liability to his team because of his hunger rate. He can consume foods up to three times faster than other characters if he doesn't stay wimpy all the time. More players mean more resource consumption, meaning that needing more resources puts your team at a disadvantage because they also need to consume resources.

Or maybe I'm wrong, this is just my opinion.

I definitely see where you're going with this. The most powerful contenders right now are WX and Wickerbottom. The former can upgrade himself and the latter has spells and a leg up on invention. Wolfgang though, I don't see as a problem. I think a good team would make use of one of him, since the hit power has been nerfed. If all hands chip in, producing food isn't hard, especially if you build a superfarm and use applied agriculture.

I think Creu was saying that she could contribute to combat with fire. But not really any more than other players... you can just hit things with torches...

I don't think Wilson needs any help. He has no weaknesses, and the beard is soooo good. Even if it's not giving insulation to anyone else, it reduces the pressure to get everyone a beefalo hat by winter quite a bit, since by then his beard is that good by itself.

Willow I think could use a rework. Personally I thought she was a useless character in single-player, but in DST she's a menace. About half of the time I've had my base burned down in DST it's because of another Willow who wasn't managing her sanity. Personally, I'd either like to be able to prevent people from picking certain characters, or have her downsides reworked to be more personal (maybe she gets colder as her sanity gets lower, allowing her to freeze in summer?).

Wolfgang we've already discussed a lot. I don't think he's that different in multiplayer but he's always been really awkward to play. Once RoG arrives there will really be no reason to play him over Wigfrid.

Edit: @Tomer8009 are you kidding? Wickerbottom is overpowered. She can instantly grow a whole screen of crops (which in single-player wasn't that useful because it was just way too much food, but now you have whole teams of people to feed), she can summon krampus at will (birds of the world + sleepytime stories), and while she's at it get a ton of feathers (e.g. for blow darts) and morsels, and she makes tentacle spikes renewable, in addition to being able to summon tentacles that can take out the deerclops easily.

Once RoG arrives there will really be no reason to play him over Wigfrid.

Sad but true. Wigfrid feels like I downloaded a community mod that was not very well balanced and had nothing unique to offer. I hope Wolfgang stands out more.

@Ridley I personally really enjoy playing Wigfrid. But her gameplay just makes so much more sense than Wolfgang's, and they both fill similar roles (weakness in terms of food, strengths in terms of combat). Not to mention that Wigfrid will be able to share her spears and helmets...

@Ridley I personally really enjoy playing Wigfrid. But her gameplay just makes so much more sense than Wolfgang's, and they both fill similar roles (weakness in terms of food, strengths in terms of combat). Not to mention that Wigfrid will be able to share her spears and helmets...

I was under the impression that only she can use her helmet/spear? unless you have a team of all wigfrids?

@Ridley I personally really enjoy playing Wigfrid. But her gameplay just makes so much more sense than Wolfgang's...

See, there's another problem I have. My playstyle has many things, but including logic is not one of them.

post-209578-0-40607800-1415205748_thumb.

post-209578-0-54244600-1415205762_thumb.

post-209578-0-18885700-1415205889_thumb.

This one is off topic. Though it was so old, I had to share it.

post-209578-0-46358100-1415205797_thumb.

No it doesn't. More people = More resources needed

Fair play -_-

More people = More people to do work

More people to do work = The faster work is done

And also, the problem here is that some of the characters are somewhat less helpful to surviving as a team.

Archived