Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jonat    2

That would either be too OP or way to suicide. I would say it could be used to protect area from meteorstorm, so you could defend your base against that.

But... That would be funny?

MrNaxeros    418

But... That would be funny?

Not at all. It would be weapon praised by trolls and griefers. Also when you own everything that exists without a sweat. Would that be funny to have no challange at all?

Again, no for such thing. 

Jonat    2

Not at all. It would be weapon praised by trolls and griefers. Also when you own everything that exists without a sweat. Would that be funny to have no challange at all?

Again, no for such thing. 

Depends how easy it is to make?

Also you assume these meteors are the one-hit kill variety. They could be smaller ones.

MrNaxeros    418

Depends how easy it is to make?

Also you assume these meteors are the one-hit kill variety. They could be smaller ones.

Crafting recipe has nothing to do with it. Let's say you get some griefer or troll join 200 days old world. Every ingredient would be in one place.

I don't assume, I know. From video you can see that two meteors will kill a player without protection, so it deals at least 75 dmg. That deals more than a dark sword, even without damage nerf for multiplayer. And because meteor shower from that wepon would be sort of indirect fight (like weather pain) it wouldn't have damage nerf. I might be wrong but that would still deal way too much damage.

PS: I'd like to see response of someone else. Me and @Jonat seem to be taking over this thread.

Pyromailmann    2,991

Crafting recipe has nothing to do with it. Let's say you get some griefer or troll join 200 days old world. Every ingredient would be in one place.

I don't assume, I know. From video you can see that two meteors will kill a player without protection, so it deals at least 75 dmg. That deals more than a dark sword, even without damage nerf for multiplayer. And because meteor shower from that wepon would be sort of indirect fight (like weather pain) it wouldn't have damage nerf. I might be wrong but that would still deal way too much damage.

PS: I'd like to see response of someone else. Me and @Jonat seem to be taking over this thread.

Oh boy! My turn! But onto point, I agree with you @MrNaxeros, @Jonat you need to see it like this: If you had a successful world and then someone decides to barge in and ruin it, it'd be really aggravating now with Meteors in game (and not to mention meteorite boulders) making meteors a good farm for a sword. Crafting recipies don't even matter in this situation, what matters is available resources. If you could summon meteors and do the same damage as one then it'd ruin a playthroughs and bases.

acemurdock    960

Well, the craftable is a wall right now, resource being the moon rocks....do you guys know that? Or are you just speculating about future additional craftables?
Sorry if I misunderstood!

t0panka    1,587

Those walls look cool! And what about that painting those walls? Or that was someone just trolling? O.o

Pyromailmann    2,991

Those walls look cool! And what about that painting those walls? Or that was someone just trolling? O.o

probably trolling, there's nothing in game that can be colored.

Jonat    2

Well. Tbh you are assuming. I'm not talking about the meteors in the video, i'm speaking of smaller ones that are therefore easier to dodge and do less damage. You're also assuming the recipe doesn't use many rare items in order to create?

Anyhow it was just an amusing thought. No need to discuss something that won't happen.

MrNaxeros    418

Well. Tbh you are assuming. I'm not talking about the meteors in the video, i'm speaking of smaller ones that are therefore easier to dodge and do less damage. You're also assuming the recipe doesn't use many rare items in order to create?

Anyhow it was just an amusing thought. No need to discuss something that won't happen.

If you are talking about smaller meteorites that could be right. But I didn't assume any recipe, as it wouldn't matter.

Anyway good thing it won't be added.

serpent    30

It is just a fix to make rocks slightly renewable without having the caves thus far.

Remember it is still in beta, i like the addition, though i agree it should have more deepening story-wise and crafting wise. But on rhymes with play they said that this would probably added so just wait and meanwhile enjoy having rocks which you would normally quickly run out of :)

Richie84    25

Found this in Suggestion and Feedback, don't know how to link to a thread so I'm posting this quote. I don't have the game yet so I can't post in Suggestions and Feedback so I searched for a meteorite thread in General Discussion and posting my reply to that thread here. (Someone tell me the best way to reply to a Suggestions and Feedback thread on General Discussion please, lol.)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! The tuning on this is very first-pass: I'll be iterating on it in the next few days. Shouldn't be long before we get a hotfix out to make the situation better.

Haven't had a chance to play yet so I can't relate to your meteorite problem. Is this the proper thread to discuss the meteorites because there's a few things I want to say.

I think having a way to renew the world is a great addition to a game where you have multiple people expiring all the resources very quickly and the mere fact all your rocks would eventually run out if there was no way to renew the world.

However, I would like to suggest to the Devs that if multiplayer worlds run out of resources where there's no hope of survival, I'm assuming if this was such an issue, then people in single player are having this issue too eventually from depleting all their resources. *hint hint*

rezecib    3,143

@Richie84, Well, meteors were added because there are no caves and no RoG; each of those add a renewable source of minerals to the game. So that's why they're not really necessary in single-player, and meteors may get dropped or reworked when/if caves and RoG come around to DST.

Mysanthil    63

However, I would like to suggest to the Devs that if multiplayer worlds run out of resources where there's no hope of survival, I'm assuming if this was such an issue, then people in single player are having this issue too eventually from depleting all their resources. *hint hint*

DST beta doesn't currently have caves. Cave earthquakes renew the same resources (plus others) as meteors. Meteors are in place of caves for now, though I hope they stay around too.

Rez, go to bed.