Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jatrick    171

Meteors?

wbqe79.png

INSERT HYPE HERE:

Anyone with DST, find out about it.

@SethR

Is it DST only or is it for all of DS,

Just wondering because we won't figure out

until DST is added free to DS

OR IS IT ALREADY ADDED TO DS?

Don't starve awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Pyromailmann    2,991

Forget meteorites what about moon rocks?

I think it's to make rocks more infinite in a way.

I feel that without "More" rocks a team of 4 will ruin their entire supply of rocks.

Also, moon rocks might be something usable from what we can see in the update.

Jatrick    171

They were in the ??? mod and Seth and the crew liked it so much, they decided to add it to the regular game.

??? mod?

Waht?

Jatrick    171

It was a secret mod that lead to the "Maxwell the Amazing Video" it doesn't work anymore.

I know that one, but there was meteors in that?

And are the meteors in the game now???

Sorry I don't know these things.

Pyromailmann    2,991

Like I said, SethR liked it.

Spazmatic    1,033

In the ??? mod, you could take a portal to a different dimension. You then fought a shadow version of Maxwell (the playable character). One of his attacks was to rain down meteors. It was a devastating attack, which would also stun Maxwell if he got hit by one, making the fight a bit easier. That's where Klei got it from afaik. 

Jatrick    171

In the ??? mod, you could take a portal to a different dimension. You then fought a shadow version of Maxwell (the playable character). One of his attacks was to rain down meteors. It was a devastating attack, which would also stun Maxwell if he got hit by one, making the fight a bit easier. That's where Klei got it from afaik. 

I know the mod, but the meteor thing not so much.

Pyromailmann    2,991

Is it DST only or is it for all of DS,

Just wondering because we won't figure out

until DST is added free to DS

OR IS IT ALREADY ADDED TO DS?

Don't starve awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

1.) Yes, most of the things in DST will be in DS the Rhymes with Devs streams stated that.

2.) No, the mod is broken, it's not in DS.

But lava once was in DS's files...

This looks...Awful...Not only does that really clash with the themes of Don´t Starve, but how is that even going to work? How do you even defend yourself from that? So meteorites are just going to randomly attack me? What if I´m at my base?

MrNaxeros    418

This looks...Awful...Not only does that really clash with the themes of Don´t Starve, but how is that even going to work? How do you even defend yourself from that? So meteorites are just going to randomly attack me? What if I´m at my base?

Judging by what I saw on the video I think the meteors start falling at you when you pick up some specific rock. I might not be right but I think it's pretty good idea to prevent it's devastating effects.

Habberdash    207

"Really clash with the themes of Don't Starve" what about the booster shot? Its a hospital quality syringe made from bee stingers,papyrus, and healing salves. Also,pretty certain that they don't just randomly attack you. 

Pyromailmann    2,991

"Really clash with the themes of Don't Starve" what about the booster shot? Its a hospital quality syringe made from bee stingers,papyrus, and healing salves. Also,pretty certain that they don't just randomly attack you. 

You can make an Axe with a head that was already sharpened and with a sturdy tool handle

You can make a top hat just from 6 silk and it's already woven.

51634969.jpg

You can make an Axe with a head that was already sharpened and with a sturdy tool handle

You can make a top hat just from 6 silk and it's already woven.

51634969.jpg

My point is that it´s almost another genre...like Science Fiction and SPAAAAAAAAAAACE, which is not Dont´Starve at all...I don´t know, maybe I´ll feel better once I know more details.

Jatrick    171

My point is that it´s almost another genre...like Science Fiction and SPAAAAAAAAAAACE, which is not Dont´Starve at all...I don´t know, maybe I´ll feel better once I know more details.

acemurdock    960

Weren't the meteors also in the demo of DST they previewed at PAX? It was to keep the rounds down to 20 minutes, I believe. I guess in the real game it will function like the earthquakes in the caves, as in, not too hard to avoid when you're used to it.

I hope.

But yeah, good way to make rocks renewable. Clever! 

MrNaxeros    418

Weren't the meteors also in the demo of DST they previewed at PAX? It was to keep the rounds down to 20 minutes, I believe. I guess in the real game it will function like the earthquakes in the caves, as in, not too hard to avoid when you're used to it.

I hope.

But yeah, good way to make rocks renewable. Clever! 

I can see it would be easy. Just don't stay in the shadow and if I'm correct those meteors don't set anything on fire (yet...). Will be nice to get some rocks and flint (and possibly gold) in such extreme way.

I'm more interested in other thing. That special rock Wolfgang has taken in the video. What does it do or what can we create with that?

I can see it would be easy. Just don't stay in the shadow and if I'm correct those meteors don't set anything on fire (yet...). Will be nice to get some rocks and flint (and possibly gold) in such extreme way.

I'm more interested in other thing. That special rock Wolfgang has taken in the video. What does it do or what can we create with that?

I think picking the rock initiates the meteorite shower.

acemurdock    960

Reminds me of the fire swamp scene in princess bride...

Wilson: We have already succeeded! What are the three terrors of the island? One- the meteors, no problem! There is a shadow preceding each; we can avoid that. Two- the lightning strikes, which you were clever enough to discover, and it looks like we can avoid that too!

Willow: But what about the R.O.U.S's? 

Wilson: Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. 

rous_zps929db3c3.png

Ridley    609

The secret mod with the boss battle was the first place these meteors were used, and there was no complaints about it not fitting in with the style. The armageddon from pax was well received too.

The meteors are not so much space related as magic. There is most likely some creature on the moon that hates it when people move its rocks, so it throws meteors at them. Kind of like how their is giant monster feet swimming in the ocean that can hear a bell ringing on land, and giant baby birds that spin so fast that they become tornados.

Jonat    2

I hope its a Meteor Sword that summons a meteor each time you hit something with it.

MrNaxeros    418

I hope its a Meteor Sword that summons a meteor each time you hit something with it.

That would either be too OP or way to suicide. I would say it could be used to protect area from meteorstorm, so you could defend your base against that.