Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

ButterStuffed    1,652

I don't know if i'm too late to help at all. Even if I am I noticed two things. One of which is probably just a typo.

At around 1:04 of the video you can see "Wolfgang was killed by a meteor. He became a spocky ghost!"

Probably just a typo but you never know with puzzles. EDIT- I just saw something that wasn't there disregard this.

And second 0:30 in the video in the top right you can see the day cycle is on day 4. Which could mean that something will happen on the fourth.

Or I could just be an idiot grasping at strings that aren't there.

osmRhodey    1,461

I found something odd but probably inconsequential: the stage scene at the beginning of resumptus has the moon in the middle of the day, which is odd since the update trailer had meteors. Also, "Out With The Old" has O, W, i, e, O, and d. Woodie. Possibly replacing Woodie with Winnie.  

166cb864fe.jpg

Actually this brings up a good point now that I think of it.

Remeber the update video.

post-386662-0-24559100-1414882021_thumb.

post-386662-0-66584200-1414882020_thumb.

The meteors.

Moon rocks.

If you can come up with a theory, it'd be interesting.

I just noticed this.

EDIT: put the pictures under spoiler sorry

RalphKastro    1,337

At around 1:04 of the video you can see "Wolfgang was killed by a meteor. He became a spocky ghost!"

Probably just a typo but you never know with puzzles.

actually, it's written "spooky". there's no typo.

More probably useless ideas: The pig king in the video is surrounded by hay walls, and the usual obelisks are gone. Even if they cheated to create the world, why would they specifically decide to have him like that?

osmRhodey    1,461

More probably useless ideas: The pig king in the video is surrounded by hay walls, and the usual obelisks are gone. Even if they cheated to create the world, why would they specifically decide to have him like that?

It's possible that the obelisks are just down at the time.

Sanity is still high and it's more likely they're just done and you can't see them with the hay walls there.

Could be to help them know when sanity is dropping in the group.

:wilson_confused:

Gudinito    45

Also, another probably useless thing but the "Praecantator" text appears at 19 seconds, and Resumptus is 19 seconds long.

Wigfrid did not appear at the RoG Logo. Think it. Klei ever makes a lot of surprises, and with them everything can happen.

Pyromailmann    2,991

Going back to my crow ideas, the original comic that hinted to Don't Starve Together shows Wilson using crows to make the machine in panel 3

dstogether.png

Yeah. This has been seen in the multiplayer files.

Also, put a spoiler on that picture, it's big.

Gudinito    45

everything is connected. They'll make new DLC with a Space Adventure Mode, where you go to the moon and fight the Werebeaver and his army of Werepigs.

Edit: whoops, sorry for the double post. Could any mod please merge them or something?

I would like more to see another world with the moon, like cave does. You know, a way to go and then you see a lot of biomes.

If the moon takes a place would be awesome to have some weird biomes and new stuff. This is DS and everything has a bit weird or creepy things.

Wigfrid did not appear at the RoG Logo. Think it. Klei ever makes a lot of surprises, and with them everything can happen.

Including, for instance, removing Woodie, although I doubt it.

Yeah. This has been seen in the multiplayer files.

Also, put a spoiler on that picture, it's big.

How do I add a spoiler? I'm really new here. Nevermind, got it.

Quaper    30

Think this has anything to do with it?

November the 5th guys. Just a few more days, then enjoy it for free :-)

shujuju    58

I know someone said before that crows have nothing to do with the puzzle but I truly believe they do!

A crow is an animal associated with life mysteries and magic. the power of the crow is to provide insight and means of supporting intentions. In some mythology and simple beliefs the crow is a sign of ill tidings and dark forces, possibly even shadows.

They wouldn't put a crow on the DST website for no reason! especially considering its doesn't fit with the rest

Also (I don't know if this has to do with anything) on the "In with the New" trailer there is a crow or crow feather in every scene except the first.

They also had a lot of crows on the multiplayer comic, 

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

Silentdarkness1, on 01 Nov 2014 - 5:08 PM, said:snapback.png

I really don't think this has anything to do with crows.

Who knows? Maybe it could. But that's old puzzle stuff.

post-429517-0-79658800-1414886250.png

Zhuzha    1,237
They wouldn't put a crow on the DST website for no reason! especially considering its doesn't fit with the rest

It has already been said in this thread, but the crow has been on the site long before this puzzle started.

shujuju    58

It has already been said in this thread, but the crow has been on the site long before this puzzle started.

but when did the puzzle truly begin?

Quaper    30

I know someone said before that crows have nothing to do with the puzzle but I truly believe they do!

A crow is an animal associated with life mysteries and magic. the power of the crow is to provide insight and means of supporting intentions. In some mythology and simple beliefs the crow is a sign of ill tidings and dark forces, possibly even shadows.

Also (I don't know if this has to do with anything) on the "In with the New" trailer there is a crow or crow feather in every scene except the first.

They also had a lot of crows on the multiplayer comic, 

Who knows? Maybe it could. But that's old puzzle stuff.

Oh I see. You quoted someone else. My bad.

shujuju    58

Shujuju did you purposely underline "Maybe it could"? Or are we getting another hint?

No, that was on SillyWilson's post, but who knows? I believe in the Crows

Zhuzha    1,237

but when did the puzzle truly begin?

I think, the release of the trailer should be our countdown. Putting a clue into something that came out long before that would be unfair of Klei.

shujuju    58

I think, the release of the trailer should be our countdown. Putting a clue into something that came out long before that would be unfair of Klei.

True fact there, who knows what the next advancement will be though!

I still believe in the Crows