Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

toasterman3000    202

So here are all the flowers that might resemble the one from the video.

Regular in-game flowers:

Flowers1.png

Abigail's Flower:

STAGE123.png

Maxwell's Flower:

300px-Maxwell.png90px-Maxwell_ingame.png

Charlie's Flower:

DS-charlie-head.png

Abigail's Flower doesn't really look like the one from the video at all. The only regular flower that shares some resemblance is the bottom-left one, but its colors are not the same.

We don't really ever get a close-up look at Maxwell's flower, so it's possible that it's his. But once again, we don't really know for sure.

Charlie's flower definitely resembles the flower from the video the most.

Also, I found this in my searches: http://www.maxwellsflowers.com/

Khrayfish    82

Okay well...

The background has officially been removed or changed or something.

And this link: http://assets.kleicdn.com/public/style_images/klei/games/dont_starve/ds-ipb-bkg.jpg

doesn't work any more.

"...In With The New."  

...I n With The N ew.  

...Wi th The N I w

Wi n N I e

Winnie_portrait.pngWinnie confirmed.

On topic, why the name?

Auth    9,591

It's super obvious, heyt ghothut xma swa oto oprevwoeder os ehty vega mhi a wen mtie orf tds!

Khrayfish    82

It's super obvious, heyt ghothut xma swa oto oprevwoeder os ehty vega mhi a wen mtie orf tds!

"They thought Max was too overpowered so they gave him a new item for DST!"

In case you didn't care.

SillyWilson    287

I probably should have mentioned what I meant.

I'm on about "In with the New".

Does it mean anything? Because I'm having a hard time just trying to find out what it is even referring.

"...In With The New."   Maybe it refers to the new features in the game, specificly in the multiplayer mode, such as emoticons, the meteors, chatting. otherwise idk. I just took some of the letters out of it and spelt her name because it just so happened to contain all the letters for Winnie, though it could be coincidental.

Zhuzha    1,230

Does it mean anything? Because I'm having a hard time just trying to find out what it is even referring.

It's a part of the saying; "Out with the old, in with the new".

Edit: whoops, ninja'd

osmRhodey    1,461

In With The New is most likely referring to the addition of more of the characters.

Usually the saying continues though.

"Out with the old, in with the new." (edit: oopsie I had it backwards lol)

So a possibility that there will be some things removed or tweaked. Looking in the files again I'm seeing some of the old unused bits sitting around.

Possibly not noticed by me prior or possibly having a use at some point soon.

Seeing as the meteors were left as unused bits in the long run of the game and are now showing a prominent feature, I'd like to think that old unimplemented bits are making a comeback.

The possibility of characters losing their clothes on death(but they would never be naked in game), the possibility of wheat actually coming into play.

Who knows for the time being honestly, I'm just going to wait around until the update takes full swing to go do another file hunt to see if there are new sound files or images. Sadly can't see code but hey, it's a start.

Maximum124    1,233

I sort of assumed it was because multiplayer itself is new.

In with the new features and gamemode and such.

I found something odd but probably inconsequential: the stage scene at the beginning of resumptus has the moon in the middle of the day, which is odd since the update trailer had meteors. Also, "Out With The Old" has O, W, i, e, O, and d. Woodie. Possibly replacing Woodie with Winnie.  

166cb864fe.jpg

That cant happen. Woodie appears at the DST Logo. 

I agree that it probably won't, but using that logic Winnie couldn't be added because she doesn't appear.

Zhuzha    1,230

I found something odd but probably inconsequential: the stage scene at the beginning of resumptus has the moon in the middle of the day, which is odd since the update trailer had meteors.

The moon was already in "Final Act" video. And I doubt even Klei plans this far ahead.

xLJwKHj.png?1

Also, another probably useless thing but the "Praecantator" text appears at 19 seconds, and Resumptus is 19 seconds long.

Approximately. Also, with the really out of place crow on the Don't Starve Together website, there is a lot of crows in the "In With The New" trailer; I counted 15 crows and one crow feather, and only 2 birds that weren't crows.

I'm sorry for all of these posts so fast, but I just noticed that the instant Wolfgang dies, a crow feather appears at his feet, whereas all of his other items spread out into the air.

cb133d8e01.jpg

RalphKastro    1,337

Winnie being added would be the best thing ever.

there is a mod for her. And we already have Wigfrid. The "In With The New" to Winnie thing was just a joke.

I found something odd but probably inconsequential: the stage scene at the beginning of resumptus has the moon in the middle of the day, which is odd since the update trailer had meteors. Also, "Out With The Old" has O, W, i, e, O, and d. Woodie. Possibly replacing Woodie with Winnie.

166cb864fe.jpg

everything is connected. They'll make new DLC with a Space Adventure Mode, where you go to the moon and fight the Werebeaver and his army of Werepigs.

Edit: whoops, sorry for the double post. Could any mod please merge them or something?

[Done]