Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

[THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS IN TEXT SO THIS DOES NOT FOLLOW A CERTAIN STRING]

Well doesn't precantator mean "The use of magic/sorcery" and not just wizard? I mean i might be wrong but this is a theory. And the stage is right after charlie and maxwell where taken right? So this might be a reminder for something. A clue. They obviously wants us to think about charlie again or the disappearance of her. Perhaps now that the "multiplayer portal" storywise is available there is a way to free charlie. So maybe she is some sort of puppetmaster herself as she can roam the darkness in all the characters worlds meaning she is still to be found.

Then there's the meteors again. Klei put those in either because they wanted to bring that feature from the test build at pax or the meteorites where not primarily in the test build to eliminate players after a certain time but was already a plot point they thought they might aswell add into the pax build because this puzzle was already planned way before this trailer. 

Resumption might mean that we just see what happens after the shadow creature incident but that would be a bit too obvious i feel, maybe we need to put together the two phrases, "The resumption of sorcery/ The resumption of the wizard." Maybe when the trailer says this it is referring to maxwell as he was sort of a "Sorcerer of entertainment" and it means he resumes something he used to do, his tricks maybe? But now i am completely ignoring that there was a cross over it meaning theres is an exclusion of sorcery/wizards. And that resumptus also means recovery. I am probably far off but i feel like i am missing something obvious that is at the same time right in front of my eyes.

Tarkolis    37

For me it's also gone..

We solve the puzzle and the background disappears.. this can't be a coincidence, can it? =D

CREU    26

the final act makes me remenber how this game looks easy fun and silly but there more you know and discover it the more f*cked up it gets

Khrayfish    82

at 0:59 Wolfgang's Skeleton gets destroyed by the Meteor.

Yay, they made it so we can destroy skeletons!

And also, Rocks are now an Infinite resource!

- The Meteors leave Rocks behind (Or whatever that is behind Wolfgang's Ghost)

Edit: Oh ok, yeah the background has been removed.

Either they are going to change it to some sort of Don't Starve Together Background instead...

Or there will be a new background secret or something.

oCrapaCreeper    3,105

I'm starting to think the lore has more to do with the stage idea. I've always thought of the DS world being Maxwell's "stage", where he would pull "puppets" out of the real world to entertain Them. The world generation screen also resembles a stage setup.

Maxwell would pull shadow creatures out of Codex Umbra for entertainment of others during his magic shows; so perhaps he was forced to pull out people of his own kind to entertain Them as payback; hence why Maxwell refers to them as his puppets.

I remember an old line that Maxwell used to say before Klei changed his nightmare throne quotes to be more descriptive: "All of my puppets... are They still watching?" 

I did not make that kind of connection when I first read that line since Maxwell had almost no backstory then, but today that line seems to somewhat tie up. The world of DS is Maxwell's "stage" that he created, and each of the characters are his "puppets", and then They simply watch.

A lot of the things in this game as well as the lore seem to be scary-close to this, such as the world generation animation screen looking like a stage setup. I'm not sure whether it's simply a coincidence or not.

Khrayfish    82

I'm starting to think my old theory about stages is right. I've always thought of the DS world being Maxwell's "stage", where he would pull "puppets" out of the real world to entertain Them. The world generation screen also resembles a stage setup.

To be fair I just thought this was implied :/

Also someone check out the page source or something.

Zhuzha    1,231

Is it just me, or did the background for the forum just disappear?

For me it's also gone..

We solve the puzzle and the background disappears.. this can't be a coincidence, can it? =D

When I click "view background image" it opens the same image that DST site uses, completely unedited, even with text and stuff.

They're probably optimising it for the forums, that's why it's invisible at the moment.

osmRhodey    1,461

To be fair I just thought this was implied :/

Also someone check out the page source or something.

the code and all have been checked and double checked time and time again.

There's nothing there.

I will check around on other pages though in case they've hidden secrets anywhere.

Khrayfish    82

When I click "view background image" it opens the same image that DST site uses, completely unedited, even with text and stuff.

They're probably optimising it for the forums, that's why it's invisible at the moment.

He's right.

According to the Inspect Element  - Frames this is the background:

http://assets.kleicdn.com/public/style_images/klei/games/dont_starve/ds-ipb-bkg.jpg

Off-topic - what's this?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/public/gold.png

Looking at it, that actually may not be Charlie's Rose.

Look at Maxwell on the left.

(Also I think it's back now)

CREU    26

He's right.

According to the Inspect Element  - Frames this is the background:

http://assets.kleicdn.com/public/style_images/klei/games/dont_starve/ds-ipb-bkg.jpg

Off-topic - what's this?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/public/gold.png

(Also I think it's back now)

OMG GOLD CHESTER CONFIRMED OMG 10/10

Did you put that in bold letters? If you didn't, Klei is telling us, its Not Charlie's rose.

The Letter W    5,442

It's golden Chester badge. If I'm not mistaking, it was given to people, who donated lots of money to Chester plush Kickstarter or were one of the firsts to donate or something like that.

The last two tiers of the Kickstarter, yeah.

toasterman3000    202

Did you put that in bold letters? If you didn't, Klei is telling us, its Not Charlie's rose.

Well if it's not Charlie's rose, it's probably the one on Maxwell's tux. Or it could be Wendy or Abagail's. Or maybe it's just a regular flower from the game.

Khrayfish    82

Unforunately it was me.

else it would be Blah blah blah (mouse over it)

or something like this.

Regardless, I'm downloading Resumptus and shoving it through Vegas Pro.

Edit: Nothing. Nothing at all.

Looks like that's it for this puzzle.