Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

Paradoxical    47

No, we need to think more about this update. Think, what do we know, and how could it relate to beeps.

Well, WX-78 was in the video, and did very little other than stand there, follow Wilson, and die via meteor.

Luxurious    358

Wow, i wake up and Rezecib solves the whole thing! That guy is a genious! Since the part of that "It will be available on November 5th" part is crossed out i guess the devs are hinting us to do more research right now. So the puzzle still isn't solved yet!

iDuck    0

Wait. Resumed... Wizard?

Does this mean that Waverly is being added?

Wait. Resumed... Wizard?

Does this mean that Waverly is being added?

Jakusio    0

Hmm... I may be saying something TOTALLY obvious here, but I want to be apart of all this puzzle solving; the video that genius Rezecib uncovered ("Resumptus") seems to take place after Maxwell's final act... when he and Charlie are taken by the shadow hands. Notice the portal effect as it zooms in on the stage, and how the backround seemingly becomes real with the swaying trees and nature-y noises. The stage is also exactly the same as it was in the final act video. This seems to be the only secret-puzzle-video footage so far of the actual Don't Starve world, rather than the world/worlds where Maxwell and Wilson lived beforehand, which means there could be more videos of it, maybe ones that will reveal the fates of Maxwell and Charlie upon their arrival.

Jakusio    0

Is it just me or some posts are being 'doubled'?

That was my mistake. The page was lagging when I tried to post and it accidentally wrote my comment twice.

J192    195

I think I hear something in this video (Resumptus) from 0:06 to the end. Maybe it is morse code or something.

I think you should read the whole thread before actually posting.

Jatrick    171

GOT IT! http://www.dontstarvetogether.com/resumptus/

Edit: But it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Might be something we wait on? I checked the page source, and the stylesheet, both are very short and empty. The youtube link is 

Oh snap, I got a title! :grin:

WAIT WAIT WAIT, 

MOUNTAINS?

Or is that just background stuff?

And the don't starve world seems to be \

ON A STAGE!??!?!?

WAHT WAHT HYPE HYPE

Battal    9,883

WAIT WAIT WAIT, 

MOUNTAINS?

Or is that just background stuff?

And the don't starve world seems to be \

ON A STAGE!??!?!?

WAHT WAHT HYPE HYPE

Mountains are just the background.  The world isn't on a stage, either; it was inspired or created from the decorations of Maxwell's show.  You can also see these decorations in his Final Act.

RalphKastro    1,337

so, for the first time I'm not late, but then I go to sleep and when I get back it's already solved. Guess my luck hasn't changed at all.

Edit: and about the beeps, they seem pretty much uniform in the intervals to me. If there's a code in them I think only if by number of beeps.

Quady14    123

I tried fiddling with the audio in Audacity, slowing stuff down, reversing, pitching up and down, even tried some noise removal, all those loopy sorts of things. It sounded cool but offers nothing of value towards the puzzle. The two sections with steady beeping are just a part of the ambiance, likely insect calls as rezecib said. At the very least I'm not catching any cleverly hidden messages in there due to distortion, but I'm also not an audio decryption expert so take that with a grain of salt. Looking at the video too, slowed it down frame by frame and didn't catch anything, so if something is hidden in there, it goes by quickly and it's probably not in plain sight. Or I'm really unobservant, that would also be valid reasoning. XD

I think we may need to look beyond the video and audio themselves, either play the waiting game til the next piece of the puzzle is revealed, or we need to find something elsewhere, and I have a feeling there's more for us to find now, just don't have a clue where or how...

Here's the spoopy slowed audio clip I took in case anybody catches something I didn't.

http://clyp.it/tszm1vof.mp3

Also here's the main points of interest from the trailer and Resumptus video laid together, not really anything of use that I can see but it's here to see now.

GavJ630.jpg

And here's the swirl transitioning the theater stage to the Wilderness World looking like a shadow creature with some teeth and one eye set over another. I'm just seeing things though. :razz:

TU3r6Cs.jpg

Wadvt4G.jpg

Really at this point I'm probably pointing out more dead ends and unhelpful tricks of the eye than anything, making mountains out of mole hills. I'll leave it be for now. XD

AmaLee    169

I almost feel like this is going to be one of those optical illusions where one thing is changing right before your eyes, yet you consciously pass it off as an unchanging factor. Almost.

Khrayfish    82

OMFG

PUZZLES!

HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!!!

On-topic:

Isn't that Red Rose Charlie's?

Okay, nevermind, so the Book was from Maxwell's Final Act, the book that caused them to be there.

And Charlie's Rose was also left behind on the Stage.

So I take it we've established that the Stage was some kind of Portal to the world.

Basically:

We find a Map File or Item File that relates the Book and Rose.

Or in the next update, these items will be found somewhere.