Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

Battal    9,883

Warning: Puzzles may result in red herrings spawning, fits of insanity, and seizures in humans, demons, pig-men, and various other individuals. If you are experiencing these symptoms while in a puzzle thread, contact your doctor immediately.

*dials numbers quickly*

Hello?  Yes.  Yes.  No.  Yes.  The problem?  Okay.  I'll tell you.

NEW PUZZLE SUGAISYIDAFFGAUKSGBFAUILSFGASUILFAGIUFGSUFISFTASFTASF

*hangs up*

But seriously, since I've never helped on one of these I'll just stand over here and marvel at the finished product.  Now WORK FASTER!

RalphKastro    1,337

wooohooo, for the first time I'm not late to the puzzle.
Now I'll just wait for my computer screen to stop trying to give me a seizure flashing and I'll put all my non-existent skills in this to help out.

Luxurious    358

The intermission shows Maxwell's house behind the curtain. At least I think so as there is a picture of Maxwell with someone on the wall.

That's all from the older puzzle. You should check the wiki on William Carter. The person next to Maxwell is Charlie.

greyhorne    6

That's all from the older puzzle. You should check the wiki on William Carter. The person next to Maxwell is Charlie.

Thanks! I wasn't around for the older puzzles so I will definitely do some research to get caught up.

RalphKastro    1,337

just watched it twice in .25x speed and couldn't find nothing new, but I may be very blind.
Does anybody remember what was praecantator's bit.ly link?

If I am allowed to theorize, I think that redemptus means that the story will continue and that the Praecantator means that the continuation will not be on that same link.

Luxurious    358

just watched it twice in .25x speed and couldn't find nothing new, but I may be very blind.

Does anybody remember what was praecantator's bit.ly link?

If I am allowed to theorize, I think that redemptus means that the story will continue and that the Praecantator means that the continuation will not be on that same link.

Check OP for link.

It's 4 AM here so I'm gonna head to bed. Would be nice if this gets moved to DS general discussions so we can get more people involved. See ya guys later and have fun!

imsomony    417

This is probably just related to the application they're using for video, but I found this in the countdown at the beginning:

4DRjiFz.jpg

greyhorne    6

I find it interesting that praecantator (I foretell, prophesy or I enchant, bewitch) is crossed out but resumptus (I take again; take back, I resume, or I recover) is not.

RalphKastro    1,337

Check OP for link.

It's 4 AM here so I'm gonna head to bed. Would be nice if this gets moved to DS general discussions so we can get more people involved. See ya guys later and have fun!

yeah, I know of that link. What I meant was the bit.ly link that sent you to that page. I believe it was praecantator, but I'm not sure, as it seems to have been taken out.

Knedek    0

Why is ''praecantator'' crossed out? I was thinking it could be something like removing ''praecantator'' from the URL and replace it with ''resumptus'', but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't know... I'm new to this whole puzzle solving business so my ideas might not be the best... :/

Pyromailmann    2,991

Why is ''praecantator'' crossed out? I was thinking it could be something like removing ''praecantator'' from the URL and replace it with ''resumptus'', but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't know... I'm new to this whole puzzle solving business so my ideas might not be the best... :/

I don't know.

@Kevin and the team are slowly unfolding the plot in our faces...

*sudden dangling of CANDY*

Quady14    123

So we've got latin words Praecantator, "Wizard" (crossed out) then Resumptus, "Recovered"

...Could it be an indication about Maxwell's release from captivity? Or, since Maxwell isn't actually featured in the video, it could be that Wilson -- a gentleman scientist who isn't into this whole freaky wizard business (even though he's thriving with its power) -- is recovering... Well, any number of things, from his predicament at the end of Adventure Mode, or his recovery of other survivors using Wilson's Door (if that's what we're calling it) in the initial DST announcement puzzle, and last but not least, recovery from his crippling loneliness! That's why we've got emotes now, Wilson has finally unlocked his long-latent emotions!

wfLgkVm.gif

Habberdash    207

So we've got latin words Praecantator, "Wizard" (crossed out) then Resumptus, "Recovered"

...Could it be an indication about Maxwell's release from captivity? Or, since Maxwell isn't actually featured in the video, it could be that Wilson -- a gentleman scientist who isn't into this whole freaky wizard business (even though he's thriving with its power) -- is recovering... Well, any number of things, from his predicament at the end of Adventure Mode, or his recovery of other survivors using Wilson's Door (if that's what we're calling it) in the initial DST announcement puzzle, and last but not least, recovery from his crippling loneliness! That's why we've got emotes now, Wilson has finally unlocked his long-latent emotions!

wfLgkVm.gif

What have you created?

14132    0

Gah... I want to work on puzzles but don't want to risk encountering spoilers... 

Should I be worried about spoilers?