Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luxurious

"...In with the new" puzzle thread

AmaLee    169

This is probably nothing important, but if I remember correctly, when Maxwell speaks with you on the throne he says that when he got to the Don't Starve world there was nothing but darkness and dust. However, in the Resumptus clip the world as already there. Thus the clip is not taking place derectly after Max and Charlie were brought in. 

Perhaps what we're seeing in the video, then, is the result of whatever happened to them after they got there? Their "remains", in a sense. 

Not that this thought helps at all. Sorry.

Ciirulean    1

Kinda pointless, but I saw that when WX-78 caught a bee no other bees came after him. That is another new factor apparently.

He wasn't near the bee's hive.

shujuju    58

Just took the In With The New Trailer and messed with it SO much. I inverted the colors, slowed it down, reversed it, flipped it upside down. I think we have researched all we can with the video and we need to look at the other things. Should I look at the other videos or mess with some more images for clues?

whitebandit    0

I tried fiddling with the audio in Audacity, slowing stuff down, reversing, pitching up and down, even tried some noise removal, all those loopy sorts of things. It sounded cool but offers nothing of value towards the puzzle. The two sections with steady beeping are just a part of the ambiance, likely insect calls as rezecib said. At the very least I'm not catching any cleverly hidden messages in there due to distortion, but I'm also not an audio decryption expert so take that with a grain of salt. Looking at the video too, slowed it down frame by frame and didn't catch anything, so if something is hidden in there, it goes by quickly and it's probably not in plain sight. Or I'm really unobservant, that would also be valid reasoning. XD

I think we may need to look beyond the video and audio themselves, either play the waiting game til the next piece of the puzzle is revealed, or we need to find something elsewhere, and I have a feeling there's more for us to find now, just don't have a clue where or how...

Here's the spoopy slowed audio clip I took in case anybody catches something I didn't.

http://clyp.it/tszm1vof.mp3

Also here's the main points of interest from the trailer and Resumptus video laid together, not really anything of use that I can see but it's here to see now.

GavJ630.jpg

And here's the swirl transitioning the theater stage to the Wilderness World looking like a shadow creature with some teeth and one eye set over another. I'm just seeing things though. :razz:

TU3r6Cs.jpg

Wadvt4G.jpg

Really at this point I'm probably pointing out more dead ends and unhelpful tricks of the eye than anything, making mountains out of mole hills. I'll leave it be for now. XD

I am by no means an ARG puzzle solver myself, however as for "Audio secrets" im pretty sure there has been hidden messages found within GTA5 "suspicious audio" which maybe could be a possibility. I believe they were called Sine waves, i may be mistaken.. looking for it cant find anything currently but i remember it was all in speculation of the "chiliad mystery" which has its own subreddit etc..

Khrayfish    82

Guys.

CHILL!

We've solved the puzzle.

Take a break, have a nice cuppa, write that novel you've been meaning to write.

We've only got a few days left anyway.

Speculate where we're going to find Maxwell's / Charlie's rose.

Zhuzha    1,248

I've tried converting the beeping from "Resumptus" background sound into image with Audacity, and it produced nothing. So this may be a false lead.

Or maybe I'm just incompetent, which is highly likely, considering that this was the first time I ever used that program.

Regison    11

Guys.

CHILL!

We've solved the puzzle.

But have we? have we really? I don't think we have really found out much, lots of theories but nothing we can count on we need to carry on digging for clues. don't stop and Don't starve...

JeMiChi    233

No more progress, huh..?

Well, since I'm bored, I might try something as well... Whether it makes sense or not. xD

Praecantator was crossed out, but there was the word Resumptus instead, so I wrote the word RESUMPTUS and crossed out all the letters appearing in the word PRAECANTATOR. Like this:

RESUMPTUS = SUMUS (the left over letters from praecantator were ACANATOR)

Okay, so sumus appears to be latin:

first-person plural present active indicative of sum "we are."

This may not have anything to do with the puzzle, but I found it interesting and fitting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_vita_in_morte_sumus  "In the midst of life we are in death" 

That, and crows are definitely suspicious! Trust me, I know the birds! :friendly_wink:

I have an idea that will waste a lot of time and probably not fetch results, but I'm going to kill a crow in Don't Starve Together and see if anything unusual happens.

The Letter W    5,446

Praecantator's Google Code For Andromeda is 58913981 58914451, Whilst Resumptus is 66217866 66218065, I am unsure if this comment was in anyway relevant but I posted anyway.

The Andromeda is a galaxy, so it has something to do with space.... Maybe they are going to do something with space or the moon?

This is probably the closest to "space travel" as we're going to get.

tumblr_n4xazvqpT81rxcc5ho1_1280.jpg

CaptainClam    158

The play resumes. Prepare for Act II of the thriller stageplay known as "Don't Starve".

Concessions will be on sale in the lobby until the intermission ends.

The play resums. Prepare for Ack II of the thrillr stagplay known as "Dontn't Sturve".

Concession will be on sale in the looby until the interblission ens.

I want gummy bears...

J192    195

Can we keep this on-topic and Not derail this thread by talking about Gummy Bears?

Popcorn always is better when watching theaters, anyway.

YourGr4ndpa    3

Praecantator means "wizard" in latin. Not really sure what that means. Having it crossed out is peculiar too. Resumptus means "recovered" in latin. Some spooky stuff is going on here. Not sure what all this means, but I'll give it my best shot... BRING IT ON KLEI!

Winterbird    34

Guys.

CHILL!

We've solved the puzzle.

!chill

Regison    11

I guess it is time to "chill" we have found out all we probably can. So let's wait for the intermission to end. Bring out the gummy bears!

Winterbird    34

I guess it is time to "chill" we have found out all we probably can. So let's wait for the intermission to end. Bring out the gummy bears!

Sit back and relax as you wait for DST, if you can't wait : !Chill in the stream