Furthest Day

So on my latest playthrough with Wendy, I'm on Day 70 or so.

I've only been attacked by Hounds 3 or 4 times; only 1 Flame Hound ever. I only have 8 Hound's Teeth. No Red Gem. No Effigies (obviously). No Amulet (although there might be more graves to dig up).

Is this normal? I thought Hounds were more common - it's not like 60+ days is early game any more. Only 1 Flame Hound? Really? And why did the Hound's Teeth drop rate plummet from 2 per Hound to 1 every 3-4 Hounds?

On the plus side, not having any resurrection items makes going out to explore or raid some Tallbird Eggs or clear out some "level 3" Spider Nests or clear out a Swamp of Tentacles a lot more tense and thrilling. Gotta be absolutely sure that I have sufficient armor, some Honey (or Honey Hams), and a backup weapon, since I can't rely on Effigies or any special powers (although Abigail DID help with one of the night-time Hound attacks, a rare helpful moment from her).

post-4474-13764589677613_thumb.jpg

A good day 50 to you. This time you can see I'm actually wearing the amulet, but you can also see the base of the meat effigy at the top. (which accounts for Wilson's rather dapper appearance here). I think I'll be breaking my 117 mark this time around.

So on my latest playthrough with Wendy, I'm on Day 70 or so.

You can use the tent and change to Wilson, shave him build an effigy build another tent and go back to Wendy.

That being said I'm at day 190~ and hounds aren't getting any more dangerous, I usually see 5~6 rarely 7 with one (and very rarely) two flame hounds. (but there are no flame hounds at all roughly half of the time...)

I got only a single red gem so far.

Nowadays I'm mostly waiting for new update to come by hoping it won't ruin my world. Play around with it as much as I want then wait for another update.

Day 80 at the moment, and entirely BORED. I'm going to kill myself when the new update launches, getting a fresh start. I never have to hunt for food because i farmed beefalo (which give far too much meat) at the beginning. I had over 80 steaks in my chests at one point. I'm down to 5 steaks now, i guess i need to go ahead and farm some more. I have YET to see Krampus.