Sign in to follow this  
Vulturas

Pigs stop randomly cutting down trees and random pig freeze.

Vulturas    10

They just stop cutting trees, even if you're in range of them, I can't figure out why, but they still say stuff about cutting down trees, but they only have an idle animation, or the happy wavy animation. If you move and cut down a tree again, they will rejoin you.Also, a very rare thing, once a pig froze, I don't know why, but he was facing a Sapling, and could be moved around only via pushing. Attacking him did not make him retaliate.

Excess    53

Perhaps you changed the view with the arrow keys before they froze? I've read that this makes them stop working sometimes.

Vulturas    10

Honestly I have no idea what I did when they utterly froze, but in the woodcutting scenario, I attempted to cut the tree once, after which I stopped and observed.

Vulturas    10

Indeed it isn't. My pigs just stop cutting trees because they want to; which is bad; because pigs are just creatures that should blindly do stuff (ie: attacking spiders, etc)

Excess    53

My pigs just stop cutting trees because they want to [...]

Ok, let's try to narrow it down even further. I can think of two reason:

[*]Too much pigs go to the same tree, so a couple just stand there doing nothing until you hit another tree and re engage their tree-finding AI.

[*]The pigs go too far away from you, so they stop chopping and return to your side.

Does any of this ring a bell? If you want to hunt this bug you'll have to pay special attention to their behavior (and yours) and what may be triggering the problem.

KonradosHut    29

What happens with me is that a Pig starts punching a tree, then, suddenly, he gets stuck and start 'flickering" (I don't know a better word...). I guess that is because the pig tries to do 2 things at the same time and "breaks". The same happened with Spiders, they were attacking me when the sun came up, then they turned away, but half tried to come at me again, then they all froze in place and began to "flicker" too...

LadyD    3,223

I have had a pig do the freeze dance before. When I went back the next day leaving him in the dark then he ran up to me again.I say punish them if they misbehave!

Excess    53

Also, a very rare thing, once a pig froze, I don't know why, but he was facing a Sapling, and could be moved around only via pushing. Attacking him did not make him retaliate.

This JUST happened to me, and it saved a pigs life, while their brothers gave their lives fighting a tree guardian.

NyuKlaus    12

I have the same thing with treeguard, every time at low hp they begin to freeze in one position and move without any animation, (happened on 3 treeguard at different times), maybe its because of the fire (i kill them with it)

LadyD    3,223

There has been a new bug that cropped up lately where certain monsters forget their animations and sort of glide across the ground towards you.Its creepy but buggy.Is this what happened with the tree guard? He stopped animating but still moved towards you?Or did he freeze up completely? Just curious.

Sign in to follow this