Sign in to follow this  
GenuineFail

[Exploit] (Gift purchasing) Wasn't sure where to put this!

GenuineFail    10

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Exploit]

Platform

• Steam

Version Number

-

Issue title

(Gift purchasing) Wasn't sure where to put this!

Steps to reproduce

Buy the game as a gift.

Describe your issue

When I bought the game as a gift, I didn't receive a second gift code. Is this right?

BinarySpike    10
And how do I access both of these keys?

They are not keys.

If your intention was to acquire 2 seperate copies not for yourself, you need to contact steam.

If your intention was to acquire a copy of the game for yourself and one for a friend. You need to redeem the gift, which will also redeem a single "Don't Starve" gift into your gifts inventory.

Excess    55

I think you can redeem the gift yourself, and you'll get the keys. Thing is, it won't be a Steam inventory item anymore, so you won't be able to "trade" them in a secure way.

GenuineFail    10

I have contacted them, but no reply yet, still waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can redeem the gift yourself, and you'll get the keys. Thing is, it won't be a Steam inventory item anymore, so you won't be able to "trade" them in a secure way.

So if I redeem it, I'll get the 2 keys which I then have to send out? I already have the game on my account and I bought a gift copy to get 2 keys to giveaway. I just need a way to get those 2 keys without having to give them to someone else.

Bobboy555    10

I bought the game through steam.

When you redeem that 2-pack, a copy of the game is placed in your steam library and you receive a steam inventory item of the second copy to trade away. If you want to give both to two friends, give the 2-pack to one friend, then tell him to give his other one to the other friend.

GenuineFail    10
I bought the game through steam.

When you redeem that 2-pack, a copy of the game is placed in your steam library and you receive a steam inventory item of the second copy to trade away. If you want to give both to two friends, give the 2-pack to one friend, then tell him to give his other one to the other friend.

I have 1 copy of the game, gave the code from that to someone else, then I have the 2 codes in my inventory. I want to access those 2 codes so I can give them to 2 different people in a giveaway because I don't trust them to give each other the other copy.