Censorship attacks?

greenglacier

Yeah. That threats me.

Nah, you're just overreacting. I understand the opinion against this kind of censorship, but saying that censorship is "attacking" or "threatening" you is simply ridiculous.

When you actively use words that (you know will) trigger a certain group of people, you're irresponsibly using your freedom of speech. As you know, JoeW doesn't trust us enough with these responsibilities (I wonder why? cough cough). JoeW's just taking precautions to prevent people from being hurt, and if you can't deal with some ****s, well that's too bad for you.

I wish Klei would implement a blocking system, so that certain people can block certain words that seems inappropriate to them; without actually censoring anyone.

Yeah, the problem was it was pointing down, I believe, making it a demonic symbol. Would it have pointed upwards it would have been the symbol for magic

ZHYomDU.png?1

Anyway, was it that hard to turn it in another direction? Or to make a little modification allowing people to make icon look the way they want it to? (not talking about this image right here)

Just wondering, have there ever been any actuall complaints about we being able to post that one number thats bad in that one religion and to say the name of that dude who did that evil thing, or this censor was made simply based on the fact that many people have used that in here?

Just wondering, have there ever been any actuall complaints about we being able to post that one number thats bad in that one religion and to say the name of that dude who did that evil thing, or this censor was made simply based on the fact that many people have used that in here?

There have been people complaining about the pentagram thing, that's for sure.

As for six six six or rearranged letters of santa, I would have never seen any complaints about that, but I'm not Klei so how should any of us know!

There have been people complaining about the pentagram thing, that's for sure.

As for six six six or rearranged letters of santa, I would have never seen any complaints about that, but I'm not Klei so how should any of us know!

Santa = the devil confirmed! 

Santa = the devil confirmed! 

In fact santa is a very offensive word for me, my parents LIED to me about him being real and only recently someone told me that santa doesn't actually exist

I'm depressed and I'm having a mental breakdown now, so in my opinion that word should be censored

I'm sure I'm not the only one

This has nothing to do with any kind of philosophy or agenda, the inclusion of that particular addition to the filter was specifically to avoid people creating usernames with it. Since this being added to a username or even using it in a post is meant to cause a negative reaction, it was added to the bad word list. 

Look at it this way:

Klei doesn't care if it's your favorite number.

Klei doesn't care that you think it's annoying.

Klei doesn't care about the fact you like summoning demons and that number is the missing ingredient.

Klei does care about getting complaints from people that find it offensive. 

So, as far as I see it, they did it so that way they wouldn't get complaints about it. Hence the pentagram thing. They found it annoying, and I'm sure @JoeW has made it clear he hates useless notifications. (Muahahahahahahahaha)

Look at it this way:

Klei doesn't care if it's your favorite number.

Klei doesn't care that you think it's annoying.

Klei doesn't care about the fact you like summoning demons and that number is the missing ingredient.

Klei does care about getting complaints from people that find it offensive. 

So, as far as I see it, they did it so that way they wouldn't get complaints about it. Hence the pentagram thing. They found it annoying, and I'm sure @JoeW has made it clear he hates useless notifications. (Muahahahahahahahaha)

Censoring something that no one's ever complained about or even showed to be even slightly offended about is a senseless censoring for me, if 666 is considered a bad enough number to be consored because of its meaning in a religion/culture (even if NO ONE ever complained about it) then why not ban all other numbers that could mean something that could offend someone? 69, 13, etc.

Or even delete all the topics that could offend someone, even if they are constructive? If someone is easily offended enough to think that number is bad enough to be censored what would they think of the Binding of Isaac thread for one? I'd rather if the 'People can censor words they dislike by themselves' idea was on, instead of this 'censor this in every post' policy. 

This has nothing to do with any kind of philosophy or agenda, the inclusion of that particular addition to the filter was specifically to avoid people creating usernames with it. Since this being added to a username or even using it in a post is meant to cause a negative reaction, it was added to the bad word list.

(y) I see though disagree. Anyways, I didn't reget that I made this post. I can see people opinion and even Yours, JoeW.

A single number does not have a meaning other then the place it occupies on the never-ending line of infinite numbers.

It is us, as single entities that give it a meaning it is in fact not supposed to have.

I could say the number 57 will trigger the Apocalypse if said 57 times in a row, but that would never be true.

And so the much hated, yet so much loved number 6 6 6, is nothing but a simple number. 

A single number does not have a meaning other then the place it occupies on the never-ending line of infinite numbers.

It is us, as single entities that give it a meaning it is in fact not supposed to have.

I could say the number 57 will trigger the Apocalypse if said 57 times in a row, but that would never be true.

And so the much hated, yet so much loved number 6 6 6, is nothing but a simple number.

That's what I'm talking about! Well spoken.

Archived