Censorship attacks?

greenglacier

Oh mey goosh! Did you notice it before or am I the only who descried that 6 6 6 is censored inhere. I feel ashamed because I can't just write down my favourite number. Is that really that bad? What do the devs afraid of? I just a NUMBER, even if it have some stories within. We can't just censor because it was an imperfect number to represent the impurities of man and their evildoings and sinful ways. Well, it sounds like pretty terrifying but it isn't that bad as- dunno. Spreading satanism?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/1031-community-standards-policy-and-etiquette/

Obscenity: Foul language is not permitted in the Klei Entertainment Community or related services. Excessive use of foul language is not permitted and will be treated as a disruption to other players. This includes public and private discussion as well as user names or any other communication within community services controlled by Klei Entertainment. This also includes in-game player names, chats, and forums.

Disruption: Behavior that is deemed inflammatory, abusive or racist language (in any language), or discussions intended to disrupt players either individually or as a group (i.e. trolling) will not be permitted. This also includes all actions intended to harass, annoy or disrupt the enjoyment of other players. 

Content: Content deemed to be not productive to conversations or relating to Klei Entertainment products, services or interests may be removed at the sole discretion of Klei Entertainment staff and moderators with or without notice.Posts on Klei Entertainment forums are to stay on topic and should contribute to the overall conversation. Posts made in off-topic areas also need contribute to the general conversation of the topic presented in the thread. Threads in the off-topic forum that spiral out of control will be closed. Open conversation threads are permitted in the off-topic forum, but may be closed if the crazy train jumps the tracks. "I'm quitting" threads are generally considered inflammatory and while the original post will be considered as feedback, the thread is generally not considered constructive. 

Threats: Players are expected to not threaten others in any form. All threats of physical harm inside or outside of Klei Entertainment controlled services, real or inferred, will be treated as such and reported to the authorities as per internal policies of Klei Entertainment.

Harassment: Harassment is defined as any repeated action by one player or a group of players intended to routinely disrupt the experience of the game or services for others. Harassment can be defined many ways, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action taken.

Intolerance: Language, discussion or activity relating to intolerance of any kind is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to sexual orientation, religion, race, gender or other groups of individuals. 

Look, there are some topics that are used by others that got to the point it was so upset, they are now blacklisted. This includes a certain name for the devil and the biblical sign of his that adds up to 18.

Please don't try to enter it in a way to get around the filters.

However, if you have questions why that was so, you can contact Klei non-publicly to discuss this.

Pretty much, for any controversial topic, if something repeatedly is causing trolling, abuse or intolerance, and we can't get people to behave, it will not be allowed anymore.

As we showed with cannibalism, if you all can post constructively and maturely, we can keep sensitive topics open. 

But as a few have also caused, if you can't, we'll have no choice but to take if off the table.

(And when users are specifically disciplined, we don't talk about that publicly either.

Not that's it's happening here in this thread, just a FYI.) 

I think it's going a bit too far. It is, after all, just another number. It's the same stupidity as back there when they changed the magic symbol in Don't Starve from a pentagram to a skull because some christians felt like they have to press a crucifix against the screen while playing. Next thing you'll ban everyone who isn't a jehova's witness because everyone who isn't one goes against their religion.

Sure, some people, like 1% of mankind, might find that number offensive. Well I find it offensive as an intellectual human being that you banned a number because of something so ridiculous.

I think it's going a bit too far. It is, after all, just another number. It's the same stupidity as back there when they changed the magic symbol in Don't Starve from a pentagram to a skull because some christians felt like they have to press a crucifix against the screen while playing. Next thing you'll ban everyone who isn't a jehova's witness because everyone who isn't one goes against their religion.

Sure, some people, like 1% of mankind, might find that number offensive. Well I find it offensive as an intellectual human being that you banned a number because of something so ridiculous.

Good guy popsicle expressing my exact same thoughts, so I don't have to!

I never said an accident. I said that people who abused or inflamed a topic/certain words or phrases so much, it can become censored

Yeah, that's what I meant. Used the wrong term. kk 666

Good guy popsicle expressing my exact same thoughts, so I don't have to!

I love Palp and you too :D

I think it's going a bit too far. It is, after all, just another number. It's the same stupidity as back there when they changed the magic symbol in Don't Starve from a pentagram to a skull.

Don't starve had a pentagram as a magic tab??? WANT! Until I'll start to feel uncomfortable...

Here's the old magic tab symbol, for reference: 20121219184029!Icon_Magic.png

I honestly get nostalgia from it... Oh Open Beta of the singleplayer DS... November 27th 2012 it all began for me :razz: (forum registration on the 1st of December though)

Yeah and I can absolutely understand why that specifically is wrong, since it's just a demonic symbol.

Correct would be this: 

2dSwzMz.png

Plain and simply upside-down.

Yeah and I can absolutely understand why that specifically is wrong, since it's just a demonic symbol.

Correct would be this: 

2dSwzMz.png

Plain and simply upside-down.

Yeah, it would have solved a lot of hassle when Klei simply used an upside down pentagram :p

Archived