DST Beta Update (Phase 2) - October 9th

I did register. This is an absolute guarantee? 

How are you choosing who's able to get in to the closed beta?

To make it fair for everyone who registered, for the most part, beta applications will be chosen at random, although for the first batch of keys given were handed out various players who we felt would be of great help to the early testing process.

However, everyone who has submitted an application will eventually get in to the closed Beta. We just need to test the servers one step at a time.

Yes, it is a guarantee.

Well my wife got her key. Told her to give the second to her friend (they've both been as excited as me about DST... Seemed the gentlemanly thing to do at the time... But now I wanna strangle them :/ *checks email again... When I do get my key I think I'll give the 2nd away rather than let it go to waste.

So if the keys are handed out unbiasly then does that mean that it doesn't matter if you're on the same ip?

I just want to know because then if I get a key I want to know if I should give my brother and dad the friend code key or not.

Your wrong. What they actually said was:

The keys are for the beta not the alpha they never said the beta would come out during the summer. Also, this comes from the original thread where it was announced:

I should also mention that Pyromailmann never claimed to have a key and in fact has this message on his profile:

Last but not least, you aren't paying for a key and if you bought Don't Starve already you won't even have to pay for the game. So, in conclusion, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

You deserve a medal, I was just about to correct him but you sorted it all out.

What??? Pal, who invited you into our little conversation? Go play. You opinion does not interest me a bit. 

I already paid for the game, and now I want what was promised to me for the money I paid. Yes, it is a free key that comes with a game I purchased. It is a common case to provide support and updates for software, and the fact that it is a free DST does not change the fact, that it is past due. Once again, I am a customer, not a freeloader, and I expect good service for my money. 

And since you mentioned this, It was not my idea to release this DST for free. I would gladly pay for the key, if it was available on a certain date, as promised. Low, Klei. Very low. 

Your post reads like a child throwing a temper tantrum and most of what I posted wasn't opinion, it was fact. You, sir, need to learn to read and you would know that Klei has not broken his word at all, as you said in your original post. He did not promise you DST when you bought Don't Starve and in fact originally said there wouldn't be a DST. If anything, by actually making DST they are breaking their word that they wouldn't make it. You reek of self-entitlement and need to learn not to be such a pompous ass that expects everything to be done in your time. Everyone will get a key (even if they don't deserve it) including you and your niece, so just be patient and wait for them to provide one.

Edit: As for your link, as I already stated in my original post, they said the ALPHA (not the BETA) would be out by summers end and it was so they broke no promises to you.

You ever get that feeling in the back of your mind... "DID I sign up to that?" And then start questioning yourself and arguing with yourself in the mirror over whether you did or didn't fill in the form correctly, leave the correct email address, know what game everyone's talking about, have the correct number of toes etc etc?

The best thing is, my wife got her beta application accepted and the keys sent to her - me being the caring, loving, unselfish, kind, generous husband said "naaa give the 2nd key to your friend, I know how much you two have been looking forward to playing it together..." All while kicking myself under the desk.

So now I'll just be outwardly patient while silently gritting my teeth behind my lips while watching them not starve... Together. :D

You ever get that feeling in the back of your mind... "DID I sign up to that?" And then start questioning yourself and arguing with yourself in the mirror over whether you did or didn't fill in the form correctly, leave the correct email address, know what game everyone's talking about, have the correct number of toes etc etc?

The best thing is, my wife got her beta application accepted and the keys sent to her - me being the caring, loving, unselfish, kind, generous husband said "naaa give the 2nd key to your friend, I know how much you two have been looking forward to playing it together..." All while kicking myself under the desk.

So now I'll just be outwardly patient while silently gritting my teeth behind my lips while watching them not starve... Together. :grin:

Lol, I've been checking every email account I own because I can't be sure which one of them I actually entered.

I got the same feeling. Couldn't even find a confirmation-mail. Was there none? Did i delete mine by accident? I would be really bumed if by my mistake i wouldn't get a key :/

Archived