Early Access Update 4: Live Assets - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251510-0-55296300-1413309729_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

IMPORTANT NOTE!

As we continue to update the game, we are very careful to preserve player progress. However, mission saves are actually replays of your moves, so any change in balance will invalidate the current mission. In order to maintain compatibility and preserve campaign progress after a balance change, we rewind the simulation back to the last visit to the Map Screen. 

--

Old friends with new skills.

Nika and Dr. Xu are now in the agency roster. Neither agent comes with any starting skill specialty, but both bring unique powers of their own. Nika can thin out a crowd and Xu can give your PWR some relief.

The Corps have been stepping up their augment production with the installation of new Cybernetic Labs. An agent can become a real metal head if they don't mind the lack of bedside manner. 

Many will be pleased to hear that we've once again re-balanced Parasite. No longer with a cool down, it now gets increasingly more expensive to use with each Parasite it has active in the mainframe. 

Once again we want to say how much we love our community of players here on the forums and on Steam. I may be biased, but I can feel the game getting better thanks to the thought and enthusiasm put into the feedback given to us.

Patch notes for Update 4: Live Assets

Build 113680

New Features

* 2 new Agents to unlock at the team selection screen

* New Cybernetics Lab location

* Monst3r will buy items in the agency's stash as well as sometimes have trinkets to sell.

* Incognita's programs can be sold at Server Farms

* Agent Information panel available in mission (click on their animated profile image)

* A new throw-able item.

* Add speech animation to guard HUD displays.

* Added manual camera control option to Gameplay options. This prevents *all* automatic camera panning.

* Accelerator Chip bonuses now stack with the hacking bonus.

* Removing Valuable Tech from a scanner will disable it permanently.

Balance Changes

* Stealth, Hacking and Anarchy skills have been reevaluated, also given a fifth upgrade level.

* Agents' special abilities are now provided by unique augments. ( Shalem ends up with +2 armor piercing to start)

* Parasite loses cool down and gains increasing cost with active parasites.

* The artifact heavy vault has been adjusted.

* The Executive is planning a big night out and has more cash on hand.

* Programs are now only found at Server Farm Terminals but there are more programs available at each terminal.

EDIT * Agents do not get extra equipment after being rescued, but start with their unique augment.

EDIT * Prisoner has 8 AP.

Bug Fixes

* UI buttons don't 'click' without actually receiving a mouse-down event

* Window resizing is aspect ratio constrained on Windows.

* Unlockable images are correctly blacked out when viewing the Score screen.

* Fixed certain tiles being incorrectly identified as seen or unseen for LOS calculations.

* Fixed game data hash validation for OSX.

* Fix possible crash when using data blast on a non-existent location.

* Fix some mission dialogues being incorrectly reshown when loading a save game.

* Fix most (all?) instances of guard instant-shooting after overwatch on the same turn.

* Revert observe ability to original behavior, so that the agent observing must be in LOS (or have control of a camera with LOS)

* Fixed inputting of symbol characters on OSX.

* Fix possible crash when checking PC distance from interrogated guards.

* When reloading from a save game with an error, the level will load from the last successful action rather than the beginning.

* Fix possible crash when using Shade.

* Fix misaligned text cursor when editing an empty edit box.

* Knocked-out prisoners are draggable.

* Usability improvements when using the accelerator chip.

* Game Over will only occur when all units are dead and/or pinned, instead of simply KO'd.

* The Captain is no longer always KO'd for 6 turns.

* Fixed a bug where special guards could lose their impass status.

* Fixed agents sometimes going invisible when using overwatch.

* Fixed doubling-effect when employing both Parasite I and II at the same time.

* Turrets now count as cover against guards.

Hot Fixes

Build 113785

* updated Parasite tool tip

* Fixed a bug with the final mission

* Fixed a bug preventing some old saves from loading

* Fixed a bug with Abort Mission

Build 113931

* Fix akuma drone missing animation when EMP'd.

* The mole will work correctly.

* Agents without the new agent augments will have them automatically installed.

* Melee piercing calculation from augments is fixed.

* Crash fixed while escaping with an agent dragging a body.

* Fix a crash that can happen with Abort Game.

* Fix a crash that can happen while paging through the agent status dialog.

* Fix a crash that can happen when a drone comes near an augment machine.

* Fix an assertion that can happen when you kill the Executive.

* Fix a potential crash when a unit is being KO'd.

* Fixed Null drones so they have no weapon.

Build 114065

* Fixed a bug when using Manual Shutdown

* Fixed a missing portrait

* Fixed the unit cap for detention centers

* Fixed a guard pathing problem

* Fixed camera drone sound

* Fixed a new game continue bug

Really cool update. Just rescued Nika in my first game of this build. Didn't notice the Parasite change (the help text for it still mentioned cooldown), so I didn't take it.

I really like the agents' abilities being unique augments. And the Shalem buff.

Great update! Love the game!

Unfortunately, the amount of bugs for the hotkeys inserted is making the game nearly impossible to play.

Space-bar not going to inconita view, Q and E not changing camera view, abort mission is not aborting...

What happened?

• Developer

Great update! Love the game!

Unfortunately, the amount of bugs for the hotkeys inserted is making the game nearly impossible to play.

Space-bar not going to inconita view, Q and E not changing camera view, abort mission is not aborting...

What happened?

Uh-oh, I haven't seen any of these. Are these all one session, and do they disappear when you restart the game? Has this happened multiple times? 

I have mixed feelings about the loss of inventory space on Deckard and Internationale.

I noticed it immediately since I restart with a Story Mode after each fresh build.

With these two characters, it means that initial carry space is very limited.

first impressions:
Hmm, I found Nika... well... underpowered?
no some custom volt disruptor with lesser pwr price?
KO for 3pwr, damn robbery >_< she's like completely unarmed for me
Yeah I know, at last I should learn how to play with that hungry volt disrupters and find some power management strategy that makes them useful
and this guy, Tony... Hell, his power another strange surprize. BSOD King! Need to investigate.
Cybernetic labs, brhm, roll the dice and loose item slot, it's no good =/

IMO, its not good feature for balance between random roguelike run and long planned campaign, (IMO hidden corporation's icons too, I think it would be great to have them optional) 
But happy to see new kind of missions and new usage of access codes.

One quick thing : I wish we could just see what augment is in the grafter before choosing to pick it up.

I just had Dr Xu pick up sadochistic pumps while Shalem got a piercing scanner. I lost a great tactical opportunity for this run I think.

Despite your fine efforts, I experienced an instant shooting in my very first endless run in the latest build. (Guard entered room, saw Internationale, fired immediately). Here's to hoping you can finally sort this tricky bug!

This. But, like I mentioned in the other thread, they appear to be watching for ANY actions in their sight cones after going into overwatch. Not always, because Deckard was blown away directly after being seen, but frequently, that seems to be the case.

And that manual camera option made playing on a tablet even better. No more runaway cam when I move my stylus off the screen at the edge. Keep it up, guys. This game is just getting better and better.

Yeah I agree with the Augment issue, I love the concept BUT there is too much RNG involved without knowing what you are getting in advance. Not only is this costing you an Inventory slot, but getting K/Oed for 3 turns over it could be disastrous.

Also, if we are going to run with this whole Cybernetics Lab idea, might as well go whole hog on it and no longer make Augments available in Nanofabs.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but: Dr. Xu is vulnerable to his own Shock Trap. The good Dr. knocked himself out for 3 turns by opening his own trapped door, and this is not the case with other player agents and Shock Traps (I had Banks with a Shock Trap III in this new build, and opening her own trapped door did not affect her.).

So I just ran into a bug on the "Find the Mole" mission where there was no mole, well the unit was there, but the game didn't register the unit as the mole. So I was kind of stuck in the level.

On the plus side I love what you've done with parasite, much better than before while not being too ridiculously efficient, and I never liked lockpick 1.0 and rapier wasn't any better. It's nice to have my favorite starting program back to usable status.

Server farm really awesome now!
And I know that it's apparently a bug with re-hired agents that doesn't have their default stuff, but I kinda love it
and If nano-fabs sometimes would provide an rifle for Shalem it could be great
I think always retrieving agents unarmed could be another great optional choice at start (if someday some custom difficulty options will appear)

(infinitely sorry for poor English. Shoud use that phrase as signature)

Parasite is definitely back in consideration as a starting program. I like the change.

I managed to play a little with Xu. At first I was surprised that he didn't have a default neutralizer, but found his ability to disable mainframes (without activating daemons) a very useful feature. I'll have to go after acquiring a neutralizer early on, and see how he fares in the different type of missions.

I'll also agree with the two gentlemen above about the cybernetics terminals. It's too big a gamble for me to just grab an implant with an agent, without knowing what the effect will be. I'll probably avoid these missions in its current iteration.

Overall very happy with the build, and I appreciate the further efforts to fix the instant overwatch/shot bug. I haven't observed it myself yet in the new update.

I love the work you're putting into the game Klei. Keep it up. :)

Holy <beep>.

The whole augments thing got totally <bleep>ed up.

Agents' abilities now taking slots in inventory really screws up things to the point running without Banks in initial team is almost impossible because there's just no place to put the cards.

Cybernetic Labs also need one additional item... Namely, 11 feet pole.

Seriously. Knock out for 3 turns, get random unremovable augment nerfing yet another inventory slot?

Time to completely rethink inventory, actually separating augs and inventory.

Maybe have augs work kinda like in Deus Ex -- have specific body locations where you can put each of them.

Holy <beep>.

The whole augments thing got totally <bleep>ed up.

Agents' abilities now taking slots in inventory really screws up things to the point running without Banks in initial team is almost impossible because there's just no place to put the cards.

You can buy extra inventory slots. That's what I did. Sure, it makes stealing artifacts less profitable (because you need to buy more slots or have more agents to begin with), but other than that it's manageable.

Archived