Geni's Random Art thread

geni0529

Tumblr  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to still post the comic here even when I’m also posting on tumblr?

2. 2. Is the phrase ‘She who is Icarus’ grammically correct?

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Ah, Bill Cypher reference.

He kind of looks like Seth.

Actually it's a reference to another chaotic cartoon character, Discord :)

yeah he kinda does, I'm so used to drawing seths hair that when I'm designing a new character I tend to make they're hair similar to his.

Edited by geni0529
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I can definitely see the improvement you're talking about. There's way more energy expressed. Why are they sad...?:wilsondisappointed:

Thank you! Unfortunately I can’t really tell you that as it’s spoilers for the comic ;-;

(Darn things merged)

My three side projects and some of the characters in them! 

3E41D848-B20A-4A35-83FA-9D53DD0107F1.jpeg

4AEF8899-BA5A-46B7-BBD4-AFD600ADEE6E.jpeg

CB540819-534E-4C20-8712-7DB16FD06437.jpeg

Edited by geni0529
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Are you going to post the side projects here?

Maybe one day but first I need to work out all the holes in there story's and create more characters for they're universes. So I probably will post some stuff but it'll probably be like designing new characters and stuff like that. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is that a real shirt?:wilson_ecstatic:

Can't wait for the next pages.

Sadly, no. 

Well you won't have to wait much longer, they'll be ready in an hour at the most ;)

Edited by geni0529
  • Like 1

Interesting progression. Though if I could suggest something, when you do the intense shading around the eyes, you might want to erase the black parts that over the eyes or make the shading parts over the eyes less intense. It would make it less distracting. OR... You could make the rest of the face dark as well. I like what you were intending, just a idea.:wilson_smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Interesting progression. Though if I could suggest something, when you do the intense shading around the eyes, you might want to erase the black parts that over the eyes or make the shading parts over the eyes less intense. It would make it less distracting. OR... You could make the rest of the face dark as well. I like what you were intending, just a idea.:wilson_smile:

Thank you, I hadn't thought of that, I think I'll try erasing those bits next time. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys! So I'm going to take a break between chapters 2 and 3 so I can plan what's coming in the future, come up with a proper name for the comic, and touch up the older parts so they look decent when I make the tumblr I'm going to post them on. There's some other stuff I'm planning like a redraw of and old piece of mine, stuff like that.

Also just for fun here is a drawing that didn't make the very final cut of the last part due to dialogue changes.

pngpng.png

Edited by geni0529
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Starthefox said:

I really like the drama this part, butt if I had to comment anything particularly odd, I would suggest giving Spidena a darker text color, because against the orange it's really straining on the eyes to read.

I know what you mean, and Spidena isn’t the only problem, Seth’s text is hard to read against a dark backround too. I’m thinking about maybe changing how I write dialogue because of that complication.

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm really hyped for the title! Good thing. I'm currently on a hiatus with my webcomic due to the author/my father still recovering but yeah, I can relate.

That makes one of us excited for it, I just can’t seem to think of a proper title for it if you have any suggestions feel free to say them cause I’m drawing a blank on it. 

On 1/6/2018 at 6:03 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Someone say dragons? 0u0

Yiss, there’s awesome dragons in this project, I don’t have it all sorted out but there’s gonna be small dragons and big dragons and sea dragon monsters it’s awesome!

• Like 2

Hey guys! So I’m having a bit of trouble deciding on the design of a particular character called Dr. V who is a doctor turned mad scientist and murderer. Thought I may as well get your opinions on it. Here are the designs and the poll is on the top of the thread!

A91F0C6B-99D0-4EAE-B1F6-92C97C0DCAF5.jpeg

77FE6A05-A7FB-4AC6-9A23-C9D7C9612D04.jpeg

C482BE2D-5768-4921-9468-FED4A00FE489.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geni0529 said:

Yiss, there’s awesome dragons in this project, I don’t have it all sorted out but there’s gonna be small dragons and big dragons and sea dragon monsters it’s awesome!

0u0

3 hours ago, geni0529 said:

Hey guys! So I’m having a bit of trouble deciding on the design of a particular character called Dr. V who is a doctor turned mad scientist and murderer.

Is Dr. V a girl or boy? If it's the latter, I'd say square without a pony tail, otherwise just leave as is.

2 hours ago, Starthefox said:

You could always add dialogue bubbles, most comics do that.

Oh yeah! Then you won't have to change the dialogue colours at all! I would have done that for Wilson meets Red but there usually not a lot of space and I don't wanna obstruct the view too much. Also digital on traditional (cam quality) doesn't mix well ^^;

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Starthefox said:

There are some diagrams and tutorials on tumblr and stuff that show how to make them flow nicely - all you have to do is look!

Funny, I was just about to google 'dialogue box tips' in Google when I saw this. :lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, geni0529 said:

Hey guys! So I’m having a bit of trouble deciding on the design of a particular character called Dr. V who is a doctor turned mad scientist and murderer. Thought I may as well get your opinions on it. Here are the designs and the poll is on the top of the thread!A91F0C6B-99D0-4EAE-B1F6-92C97C0DCAF5.jpeg

I like this version the best. It's messy but it still fits the overworked look.

23 hours ago, Starthefox said:

You could always add dialogue bubbles, most comics do that.

Yeah, what Star said.:wilson_smile:

On 1/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, geni0529 said:

That makes one of us excited for it, I just can’t seem to think of a proper title for it if you have any suggestions feel free to say them cause I’m drawing a blank on it.

Would it be a spoiler to ask what the plot is about? That way maybe I can pinpoint a title?