DST-functional UI Mod Bundle

Update Nov 10 2014: Added mod config back into Always On Status and Minimap HUD. Removed BetterMoon since it's mostly just misleading.

Update Oct 24 2014: Fixed Minimap HUD (it was disabling all player input like the map screen is supposed to), added RPG HUD Bare Bones.

Update: Added BetterMoon and MoreMapIcons, and improved AlwaysOnStatus. I also included my own modsettings.lua for reference/use.

There have been a couple of threads about mods. I've managed to get a few of my favorite UI mods mostly-working, so here they are.

The new method of enabling mods:

Edit this line in Documents/DoNotStarveTogether/settings.ini while the game is closed:
#MODS_ENABLED = true

Remove the #, so it looks like this:

MODS_ENABLED = true

Then put any mods you've downloaded into Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together Beta/mods/

After you've done that, you can enable/disable mods on the mods menu like in single-player.

The old method of enabling mods (you shouldn't use this anymore, but I'm archiving it I guess):

You'll have to edit two files first to get mods enabled. @Dryicefox did some nice screenshots showing how you need to edit them:

Don't Starve Together Beta/data/scripts/main.lua

post-320892-0-05654800-1412650820.png

Don't Starve Together Beta/mods/modsettings.lua

In place of "accordalione" you'll have to put the name of the folder of the mod, within the mods folder. You need one line of ForceEnableMod for each mod.
For example, mine reads:
-- ForceEnableMod("accordalione")ForceEnableMod("alwaysonstatus")ForceEnableMod("MinimapHUD")ForceEnableMod("AssistedGeometry")

The double-dash before a line toggles it off if you want to stop using a mod.
post-320892-0-11430100-1412650841.png

MinimapHUD works pretty much 100%, although you will have to hard-code any special positioning for it. I have it set to the upper-right, left of the clock. Of course, there is still the bug currently where you lose map progress, so this doesn't save you from that, sadly.
Credit to squeek for making this mod for single-player.

AlwaysOnStatus works for the main stats, and when you're the host, it will show you your temperature. Clients don't appear to get temperature information directly, so they can't see it. Naughtiness works differently now, so I removed that.
Edit: Updated to makes temperature work for clients, and also switches the default behavior of the clock: showing the server world day count by default, and your personal day count when moused-over.
Credit to kiopho for making this mod for single-player.

AssistedGeometry mostly works, although I had to disable the wall placement fix. Also, as a client, it doesn't seem to completely accurately place things on the grid, but it gets it pretty close. As a host, placement is like single-player.
​Credit to Levorto for updating the mod from zkm2erjfdb's version, who made this mod originally for single-player.

BetterMoon works pretty much fully, I think, although it may not show the proper moon information until moon phase has changed. It doesn't crash at all with my modifications, though.
Credit to DevilXD for making this mod for single-player.

MoreMapIcons worked right away without anything changed. So you could just copy it over from your Don't Starve install if you want. I bundled it in here just in case.
Credit to Mikchael for making this mod for single-player.

New:
RPG HUD Bare Bones is, I think, mostly working. The hotkeys for opening/closing the backpack don't work as the client, but I think everything else works. Obviously strange stuff happens if some people do or don't have the mod on a server (if the server has it but a client doesn't, amulets and backpacks will be equipped but inaccessible; if the client has it but the server doesn't, the client will see amulet and backpack slots but not be able to use them).
Credit to kiopho for making this mod for single-player.

You can download them zipped together here: dst-ui-mods.zip (updated Nov 10 2014)

AssistedGeometry mostly works, although I had to disable the wall placement fix. Also, as a client, it doesn't seem to completely accurately place things on the grid, but it gets it pretty close. As a host, placement is like single-player.

You can download them zipped together here: attachicon.gifdst-ui-mods.zip

Drat. I used AG mainly for the walls. Pity it will take longer to crack this mod for DST. 

Drat. I used AG mainly for the walls. Pity it will take longer to crack this mod for DST. 

Well, if I remember correctly the wall-crash only occurs if you're a client. So you could uncomment that section if you know you're going to host.

How do we install DST mods? I'm pretty sure me and a lot of people are confused on how to do this. I think this is great though, I wish that Klei would fix the map so it stops resetting everytime you'd re-enter a world you explored.

I've noticed the map bug as well.  Also, any idea what the update was about?

Mods are a rare-near extinct species. He was hoping to find one in the wilderness that is - the Official Klei Forums. He has come from the land down under to study the curious beast's behaviour and examine their way of living. He has found one beast on a random modding forum and has started observing it's behaviour. To his surprise; a moderator beast named the truthseeker has displayed human like behaviour while talking to the normal denizens of the Klei Forums, almost as if it's helping them! Dumbfounded by this behaviour, he initiated a conversation with one of the denizens and quickly found out that the moderator beast's names are marked with green. The scientist has left the forums and gone back to his urban town to study footage of the moderator beasts....when he finds a shocking revelation...

Find out next time on "The beasts of The Klei Forums!

(I'm so sorry for this.)

Mods are a rare-near extinct species. He was hoping to find one in the wilderness that is - the Official Klei Forums. He has come from the land down under to study the curious beast's behaviour and examine their way of living. He has found one beast on a random modding forum and has started observing it's behaviour. To his surprise; a moderator beast named the truthseeker has displayed human like behaviour while talking to the normal denizens of the Klei Forums, almost as if it's helping them! Dumbfounded by this behaviour, he initiated a conversation with one of the denizens and quickly found out that the moderator beast's names are marked with green. The scientist has left the forums and gone back to his urban town to study footage of the moderator beasts....when he finds a shocking revelation...

(I'm so sorry for this.)

i just don´t know what to say. oh and trusth  since you didnt have your name red, and your picture are not in the style of the developers i dindt thought there would be such thing(like somoene´that i thinks is not reletade to klei be a mod)

(I'm so sorry for this.)

i just don´t know what to say. oh and trusth  since you didnt have your name red, and your picture are not in the style of the developers i dindt thought there would be such thing(like somoene´that i thinks is not reletade to klei be a mod)

An interesting historical observation has been recorded from previous archaeological and sociological missions: 

The red-colored Administrators or "Admins" beings seem to select these potential users, marking them with their special digital green dyes. From this point forward, they are considered Moderators, or "Mods."

After one year of being continuously marked, the dye shifts to a dark gold color, denoting the "Senior Mod" position.

These "Senior Mods" are a rare and rumored to be near extinction levels, but the public sightings have been too few to get an accurate number count.

Many users who have tried to study these "Senior Mods" have been unsuccessful, and the unconfirmed rumor of their public appearance inactivity due to post-Klei new pack traveling or hunting the ever renewing "Forum Troll" via ambush by "warning attack" is still debated to this day.   

An interesting historical observation has been recorded from previous archaeological and sociological missions: 

The red-colored Administrators or "Admins" beings seem to select these potential users, marking them with their special digital green dyes. From this point forward, they are considered Moderators, or "Mods."

After one year of being continuously marked, the dye shifts to a dark gold color, denoting the "Senior Mod" position.

These "Senior Mods" are a rare and rumored to be near extinction levels, but the public sightings have been too few to get an accurate number count.

Many users who have tried to study these "Senior Mods" have been unsuccessful, and the unconfirmed rumor of their public appearance inactivity due to post-Klei new pack traveling or hunting the ever renewing "Forum Troll" via ambush by "warning attack" is still debated to this day.   

Truly fascinating creatures....

I remember you talking about the More Minimap Icons mod being compatible, will that be in the modpack?

Yeah, I'll roll it into an update to the pack after I've made a few more improvements to the others. If you want it sooner, it works without any modification, so you can just add it and add the ForceEnableMod line for it.

That's pretty awesome guys! FYI, in the latest patch, temperature data has been made available on clients from the player instance :GetTemperature()

Cool! The way it was keeping track of it before was listening to temperaturedelta events, but I'm guessing since temperature is not networked there's no way to do that now, so I'll have to set it up to check periodically? and that still works on the client once I fixed the references to player.components.temperature. Awesome!

Archived