General Suggestions

I'm going to keep a list of small things that I think would be good within Don't Starve Together, as well as general inquiries and/or minor gripes. I'll continue to update it as I play.

• Ability to give an entire stack. This may be in, I just may not be aware of the modifier key, if there is one.
  • Using 'Y' to talk is very unconventional. Why not 'T'? A minor gripe, since they can be reconfigured.
  • Mods, mods, and mods. (I know, I know. Just kidding.)

• Using 'Y' to talk is very unconventional. Why not 'T', or 'SPACE'?

Most of the games I've played that I can remember off the top of my head have used y to chat, and space already performs automatic actions. In fact, I've use space more than I use the mouse to do things for a long time now, so I'd be really bummed out if they changed the purpose of the space key.

Address resolving the rubberband lag in some servers. it can cause enemies "not there" to hit you and for you to miss "basic' creatures (I went nuts over butterflies this way.) 

A big issue is also the fact that it can take up to 3 times as much time to travel the same distance. I kept blinking around until I eventually starved... I guess I'll stay forever at base and cook and chop trees until the end of my days.

A big issue is also the fact that it can take up to 3 times as much time to travel the same distance. I kept blinking around until I eventually starved... I guess I'll stay forever at base and cook and chop trees until the end of my days.

Yup. I also noticed a delay when performing actions. While it's pretty funny to see Wickerbottom hold an axe in the air for 3 seconds before attacking somebody, it's definitely annoying.

While the distance "snapped" back was small, I now am agreeing with this in later playings. 

• Developer

I'm going to keep a list of small things that I think would be good within Don't Starve Together, as well as general inquiries and/or minor gripes. I'll continue to update it as I play.

• Ability to give an entire stack. This may be in, I just may not be aware of the modifier key, if there is one.
  • Using 'Y' to talk is very unconventional. Why not 'T'? A minor gripe, since they can be reconfigured.
  • Mods, mods, and mods. (I know, I know. Just kidding.)

Definitely intend to add the ability to give full stacks to players. It'll probably be a shift-click or right-click to do so. At the office, in the meantime, we've just been dropping stacks on the ground when we want to give a lot of an item to someone.

Using "Y" to talk is actually something that @MarkL and I deliberately did: we're both huge fans of a lot of the multiplayer games that Valve has made, and all of those games use the Y/U control scheme for public/team chat, so this is our little nod to that. But, like you said, they're bindable :)

Definitely intend to add the ability to give full stacks to players. It'll probably be a shift-click or right-click to do so. At the office, in the meantime, we've just been dropping stacks on the ground when we want to give a lot of an item to someone.

Using "Y" to talk is actually something that @MarkL and I deliberately did: we're both huge fans of a lot of the multiplayer games that Valve has made, and all of those games use the Y/U control scheme for public/team chat, so this is our little nod to that. But, like you said, they're bindable :-)

I really like that you have both local and global chat, further continuing the parallel.

Using "Y" to talk is actually something that @MarkL and I deliberately did: we're both huge fans of a lot of the multiplayer games that Valve has made, and all of those games use the Y/U control scheme for public/team chat, so this is our little nod to that. But, like you said, they're bindable :-)

For the stack-transferring, it seems like it would make the most sense if it worked the same way as shifting things in your inventory. Pick up the stack, ctrl+click to drop/transfer one, or click to drop/transfer all.

Not all Valve games use that system :p. What I'd really like to do for chat is use enter for global, and shift+enter for whisper, but this doesn't work because when you hit enter to complete the message, it also opens it up again (and incidentally picks up the item on the cursor, which it's doing regardless of what you bind chat to). That seems fixable, though-- just make sure that the enter-to-end-chat is not also being picked up by other key listeners?

Gf and I did a marathon session (willow/wilson) where we made it through winter and killed the deerclops (thanks to a treeguard and a group of pengulls)

Here's my feedback:

1) Kiting is a lot less reliable when you're not the host. Even when my Gf and I were in the same room, there was rubberbanding on occasion and the lag made a difference.

2) Once separated, finding each other is somewhat difficult. We could just check the other person's map, but if we hadn't creating/describing landmarks is a new skill to learn. I actually think the game will be better if navigating does take some skill, so I actually think this is a good thing.

3) Increased mob health dramatically increases the value of traps combined with unreliable kiting. A big part of our survival strategy was using traps on spiders to get meat (made into eggs) healing, and silk to get through winter.

In addition, kiting issues and increased boss health make things like treeguard take a very, very long time to kill. What was a day-long simple fight turned into a multi-day epic battle.

Second treeguard we simply sacrificed a pig to and kept track of so he could fight the deerclops. Wasn't worth the time and effort for the living logs at the tech level we got to.

Overall, DST felt right. We needed to work to survive (neither of us are veterans, she's a beginner and I'm intermediate at best), had zero crash issues, (though some bugs), and really enjoyed playing.

Archived