DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - October 3rd

We all say... Whatever we say.

I say I wuv you is that okay?

Still waiting... That is until my sanity drops to 0. Pumpkin cookies barely help, nor sleeping in tent. Waiting creates insanity aura around me and it keeps getting stronger witch each second.

Help me.

you should have some taffy but if you don't I can drop to -over 9000 for you

Still waiting... That is until my sanity drops to 0. Pumpkin cookies barely help, nor sleeping in tent. Waiting creates insanity aura around me and it keeps getting stronger witch each second.

Help me.

I say I wuv you is that okay?

you should have some taffy but if you don't I can drop to -over 9000 for you

Hug a meat-fed pig too. Just not over 9000,  

As someone who got a key from a friend I can confirm that you people would have NOT wanted to have it this early. First it was crashing pretty much two minutes into the game and now there's lots of rubberband lag. See, Klei simply wants many people to have an actually playable game to test, as there wasn't much to test earlier.

Also, I'm active, did beta test DS and have one of the most posts on these forums and didn't get keys, so if you're feeling treated unfairly, many people would be treated unfairly.

As someone who got a key from a friend I can confirm that you people would have NOT wanted to have it this early. First it was crashing pretty much two minutes into the game and now there's lots of rubberband lag. See, Klei simply wants many people to have an actually playable game to test, as there wasn't much to test earlier.

Also, I'm active, did beta test DS and have one of the most posts on these forums and didn't get keys, so if you're feeling treated unfairly, many people would be treated unfairly.

I tested stuff with other companies from a Pre-Alpha level. Trust me when I say this is more Alpha than Beta ATM. 

(Oh, and I'm as active as Palp here even pre Mod, and I didn't get in any earlier when they had F&F quietly introduced. Even the select 100 or so let in now, it's a chore still to keep the worlds stable [then try and remember how to play this new DST way between crises. :razz:]

There are good patches, then it all crashes for who knows how long.

It was not ready then and is just not stable still for general testing now. 

But plenty of things are being caught and soon fixed so when actually ready to have Phase 2 keys out, you all can load it up successfully or play without it crashing every hour or two.)

Alright, back to bed for me. 

Wait, the game is using the Steam main servers to find games?

Because if yes, the search, as far I know, is region "locked". Which makes it reaaaaally hard to find games on some locations.

Are we going to have the option to connect directly to some ip, right? And LAN play is going to be supported?

Wait, the game is using the Steam main servers to find games?

Because if yes, the search, as far I know, is region "locked". Which makes it reaaaaally hard to find games on some locations.

Are we going to have the option to connect directly to some ip, right? And LAN play is going to be supported?

There will be LAN support for sure. Devs said that somewhere. I don't remember where but I'm sure they have said it.

And btw. Europe isn't one of those hard to find locations, is it? joke here lol.

How long till phase 2? And how many people will get in at the first announcement of it? 1000 may be?

I was wondering the same, it would be great to get some more information on this. :-)

I assume KLEI does not really know as it depends on bugs they need to resolve before the game is ready for phase2

I was wondering the same, it would be great to get some more information on this. :-)

I assume KLEI does not really know as it depends on bugs they need to resolve before the game is ready for phase2

It's already been 3 weeks since phase one started. What I can't understand is why everyone in the forums didn't get a key straight away, like in beta release of RoG? Surely people would play it more and would find a lot more bugs that way. Is it lack of servers?

It's already been 3 weeks since phase one started. What I can't understand is why everyone in the forums didn't get a key straight away, like in beta release of RoG? Surely people would play it more and would find a lot more bugs that way. Is it lack of servers?

Because RoG was offline, and they did not have to deal with hundreds or thousands of people connecting to a server at the same time. I think they are able to move forward faster getting concrete and valuable feedback from a selected number of people, rather than have 100.000 people post on the forum " it crashes constantly ".

I am sure we will hear something about phase 2 by the end of this week or next week.

• Developer

We didn't _give_ keys to anyone for Reign of Giants. It was always a paid access thing. As @MaximilionM said, we're monitoring things as we go: there's a lot more unknowns with an online game. We're taking things day by day. I assure you, if we knew when we would be moving into the next phase, so would you. Please be patient in the meantime: any delays are in service of making the experience as smooth as possible when we DO go to the next phase.

Archived