Don't Starve Together Beta FAQ *Outdated*

@SilentPrincess828, I've heard others mention that it runs in virtualization software (Parallels is what people have been talking about, but Fusion might work too). You could also bootcamp (that's what I do).

I think some people have been trying to do wineskins for it without success, but I'm not sure.

Other than that... I think you'll just have to wait until it gets supported, and hope that it's soon.

@ArtisticAbraham, If you already have DST Beta in your library, you cannot buy the Frontier Pack. The Frontier Pack is being offered at a discount for current Don't Starve owners who don't already have DST Beta. For those who are not current Don't Starve owners, they can buy the pack to receive Don't Starve themselves, their own copy of DST Beta, and a copy to gift to a friend.

I have a question. When the Beta ends, will my beta key still provide me access to the game, or after the beta i will have to buy it?

I have a question. When the Beta ends, will my beta key still provide me access to the game, or after the beta i will have to buy it?

If you have DST, you have DST. You will not need to buy it after Early-Access is over. 

Yes it will! Information here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/45747-will-dst-remove-from-my-steam-account/

They didn't intend for it to, but it has since changed! So, yes you will own the DST when it is released because you own the beta DST.

Edit: Like Joew said :)!!!

Okay, When I bought don't starve together for myself and gave my extra copy to my friend, he wants to buy the frontier pack to give another buddy of my, but it says that he already has don't starve together and wont get the copy of it. It doesn't clarify what it means by don't starve together it just says that. so I'm assuming that its going to take the one of the copies away, but leave one. Though Im not ready to test this out myself. So I've come back to the forums, to see if You wonderful and insightful people could help sort this out with conformation.

In a nutshell my friend wants don't starve frontier but already has beta to DST, will it take away both beta keys?

Thanks so much in advance!

Okay, When I bought don't starve together for myself and gave my extra copy to my friend, he wants to buy the frontier pack to give another buddy of my, but it says that he already has don't starve together and wont get the copy of it. It doesn't clarify what it means by don't starve together it just says that. so I'm assuming that its going to take the one of the copies away, but leave one. Though Im not ready to test this out myself. So I've come back to the forums, to see if You wonderful and insightful people could help sort this out with conformation.

In a nutshell my friend wants don't starve frontier but already has beta to DST, will it take away both beta keys?

Thanks so much in advance!

Uhm. Well basically the frontier pack won't take away anything. However, if you already have DST installed on your Steam account, whether you purchased from the frontier pack or used a code, Steam's policy won't let you purchase the Frontier pack because you already have it. If you own DST on your Steam the only way to get more DST keys is by buying the mega pack's. Basically, I think the only ways of purchasing the Frontier pack, is if you don't already have DST. To put it simply.

If that's what you mean. :)

Where is the World save file in DST. I want to back up public worlds and share them with friends to deal with lag and check on the other end.

Where is the World save file in DST. I want to back up public worlds and share them with friends to deal with lag and check on the other end.

sory, i've got this DST together beta key, does it mean that i own this game or after beta period end, i need to buy it??? thanks,
You have it forever.

Where is the World save file in DST.
Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save/survival_1 (_2, _3, etc for the other slots).

Hi, I've just purchased the Don't Starve MEGA PACK on Humble Bundle, I've received two Don't Starve Together beta access key but we dont know how or where to use them to play multiplayer. Could you help, thanks.

You need to use them on Steam.

Once you've opened Steam you need to click on "View" then click "Activate a Product on Steam" which then you'll need to put in the key code you each got for DST.

Archived