Annoyed. Losing Faith.

I would like to start by saying I am the biggest Don't Starve fan EVER. I have played over 1500 hours of it. It is the one true game that I actually like. I have been exited for Don't Starve Together since I received the email of Klei announcing that Don't Starve Together was coming out the second he posted it. 

Patiently waiting for the Multiplayer version to come out, hoping that I will get a beta key since the registrations after registering for the online version, I notice that everyone else registered with more than one email in hopes to get it (of course I didn't think of this and by the time I found out registrations were over). 

I just think it's unbelievably unfair that some people are getting 3 or more beta keys because they registered with more than one e-mail when some of the die-hard Don't Starve fans that have been here since the very start haven't got a single beta key. I hope Don't Starve admins see this post and I hope that they give some of the die-hard fans some support and let them in on the fun too.

Just a bit concerned about where this "closed beta" is going.

-SeanToasters

Don't Starve Together has required almost a complete recode and rebalance of the entire game, and they're giving it away for free.  Be patient and grateful.

I'm just saying that some people are getting 3 codes when most people aren't getting any. It's quite annoying. especially when some of those people who aren't getting a code have been a fan from the very start.

I'm just saying that some people are getting 3 codes when most people aren't getting any. It's quite annoying. especially when some of those people who aren't getting a code have been a fan from the very start.

The only people who are getting codes right now are people who are close to Klei, no one else, as aforementioned in the stickied thread that's been there for about a week now. The beta is only in phase 1 currently. 

As I said - be patient.  The reason this closed beta exists is so they can get some feedback and ideas from the fans, so they can get the actual DST out faster.  I've been playing since before Beta, I didn't get chosen for the open beta.  There's 80,000 people waiting for their keys, and the servers can't support all of them at once.  So be patient.

I just think it's unbelievably unfair that some people are getting 3 or more beta keys because they registered with more than one e-mail

Devs have said on multiple occasions that registering with more than one email was something they anticipated and put precautions against.

So don't worry about it.

The person who was advertising about it made it in advance, in preparation for what he thought might be getting multiple codes. He, like the rest of us, have not gotten any codes yet, because it's still Phase 1.

I would like to start by saying I am the biggest Don't Starve fan EVER. I have played over 1500 hours of it. It is the one true game that I actually like. I have been exited for Don't Starve Together since I received the email of Klei announcing that Don't Starve Together was coming out the second he posted it. 

Patiently waiting for the Multiplayer version to come out, hoping that I will get a beta key since the registrations after registering for the online version, I notice that everyone else registered with more than one email in hopes to get it (of course I didn't think of this and by the time I found out registrations were over). 

I just think it's unbelievably unfair that some people are getting 3 or more beta keys because they registered with more than one e-mail when some of the die-hard Don't Starve fans that have been here since the very start haven't got a single beta key. I hope Don't Starve admins see this post and I hope that they give some of the die-hard fans some support and let them in on the fun too.

Just a bit concerned about where this "closed beta" is going.

-SeanToasters

No, they are not! 

Devs have said on multiple occasions that registering with more than one email was something they anticipated and put precautions against.

So don't worry about it.

The person who was advertising about it made it in advance, in preparation for what he thought might be getting multiple codes. He, like the rest of us, have not gotten any codes yet, because it's still Phase 1.

We appreciate the enthusiasm, but just an FYI, this will actually reduce your chances of getting picked in the early stages. Everyone who submits will eventually get in. We just need to test the servers one step at a time. Thanks!

This is correct. 

Truthseeker you are really a great part of this forum. Always impressed by your posts :)

I quess its normal that the rants will incline until most people have a beta key.  Anyway keep calm and enjoy the anticipation of DST.

I personally did not register for the beta because I think other people will play more and send more feedback to the Kleis. I am happy and exited for the final product even if it would be in 2015.

I agree with both Quiet and the truthseeker. Both are right in their own ways. If you didn't know, Klei has been around for a while. This is the fist game that was singleplayer converted to be multiplayer. This is a big step for them and us. Don't Starve was anticipated and requested to be multiplayer. The last multiplayer game Klei made was called "Sugar Rush" which got canceled. DST is basically taking this long due to the amount of time they need to recode and balance out all the mechanics for DST. Plus, if you were a big fan of Don't Starve, aren't we all? no matter how many hours we've played?

Truthseeker you are really a great part of this forum. Always impressed by your posts :-)

I quess its normal that the rants will incline until most people have a beta key.  Anyway keep calm and enjoy the anticipation of DST.

I personally did not register for the beta because I think other people will play more and send more feedback to the Kleis. I am happy and exited for the final product even if it would be in 2015.

I did register, but then I kinda thought what you thought - people would play it more. I'd still totally YouTube it up if I got picked, but I'm mostly in your boat.

I thought that everyone who gets selected gets multiple keys anyway to play with friends? Or is that just some rumor?

There is a reason I keep corralling you all to read those pinned OP (Original Poster) notes on the Subforum (in this case DST.) They tend to contain the answers many of you seek (even if never enough soon enough, of course.)

Phase 3 - "OMG I missed the Beta form, my life is now full of eternal sadness."

Fear not. Once we get a sizable group of people and everything checks out, in addition to distributing more keys to beta applicants, we will extend the circle a bit more by granting additional invite keys to people who participate in the beta the most. So, if you are given a friend key, and your friend uses that key, it will increase your chances of receiving more keys. 

This means that if you have lots of friends who want to play, there is a good chance you will be able to make that happen. This also means that if you didn't get the opportunity to register for the beta, you still have a good chance to get an invite from a friend. 

So, while we are a little bit behind our end of summer goal we are now in Phase 1 and are getting close to starting Phase 2. We are all really excited about what Don't Starve Together has now become, and we are thrilled to see that you are all excited as well. 

(And I haven't written recently how funny it is when JoeW does Emo  :-) )

Obviously since there is no launch yet; things aren't quite checking out for a greenlight at this time.

But Klei is working to make sure it gets done, and done right.

As mentioned before:

If you didn't know, Klei has been around for a while. This is the fist game that was singleplayer converted to be multiplayer. This is a big step for them and us. Don't Starve was anticipated and requested to be multiplayer. The last multiplayer game Klei made was called "Sugar Rush" which got canceled. DST is basically taking this long due to the amount of time they need to recode and balance out all the mechanics for DST. 

Klei simply is not ready for this yet, but is trying to do so as soon as possible.

(Which I know-from some Klei replies and posts in a Status update-is going to happen very very soon. Really.) 

There is a reason I keep corralling you all to read those pinned OP (Original Poster) notes on the Subforum (in this case DST.) They tend to contain the answers many of you seek (even if never enough soon enough, of course.)

I've read it before and well, all that tells me is that one who has gotten keys will get more keys. It doesn't tell me how many initial keys a person gets, therefore your answer of that is rather useless.

I've read it before and well, all that tells me is that one who has gotten keys will get more keys. It doesn't tell me how many initial keys a person gets, therefore your answer of that is rather useless.

If Klei was ready to release specifics, they would.

I thought that everyone who gets selected gets multiple keys anyway to play with friends? Or is that just some rumor?

But the answer is still "yes." 

None of us have it yet, so come sit around the campfire and tell stories. 

What a remarkable idea.

Although his consciousness awoke only a moment after, he was sure he neither tripped nor was pushed. His movement had been voluntary: he still remembered how sure his steps were; he simply couldn't recall the reasons behind his action.

The fall was harsh, the air scraped away any other feel, relentless. The fog was thick, so dense, in fact, that wherever he was previously standing on, instantly faded over him. Finally thoughtless, he calmly swallowed the damp air.

Stevern Caladey, 23, was later found dead in some forsaken woods; beneath him, the crushed body of a lone camper. While it was known he had rented a hot-air balloon two days before, he was thought to be with his friends, who are yet to be found. In the greyest of evenings, in the darkest of nights, they still roam above these very clouds, waiting, and ready to crush our bones and souls.

I'm just saying that it would be silly to only get one initial key in a beta that's all about multiplayer.

Then say that. Don't complain when your statement was answered as you posted it. Post what you mean. 

And as showed, when you get a key, play and contribute in feedback on the forums and other social media a lot, get more keys, invite friends.

And everybody: If not registered in time, talk with friends who are. With potentially a couple of million future keys to start, there will be options. 

I am not sure where you got the impression that everybody registered multiple times. This certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

And even if every single person who registered signed up multiple times, they are still being counted as 1 registration. 

We are doing what we can to make sure the keys that go out through the beta registration are distributed as fairly as possible. 

I am not sure where you got the impression that everybody registered multiple times. This certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

And even if every single person who registered signed up multiple times, they are still being counted as 1 registration. 

We are doing what we can to make sure the keys that go out through the beta registration are distributed as fairly as possible. 

I'm just gonna quote Moonkis for that.

Preventive Measurements don't mean Prevention. I seriously doubt it's hard to bypass their security, or that their protection is that advanced without hurting legitimate players.

For example, I have multiple google accounts, which are NOT signed by the same name, that are registered from a variety of different computers. if I register one of each through different computers utilizing the library, school network and a couple of friends I have a hard time seeing how they are suppose to figure out that they each belong to the same person.

I haven't seen anyone actually preventing multiple email accounts successfully. It's like DRM, it's a fistfull of empty words, it's NOT going to prevent anyone that REALLY do want to gain access to the game.

Not that this is relevant for me, due to not even signing up.

No matter how hard you try, no security system is 100% flawless.

Archived