I'm sure you're all wondering what NationStates is, besides from the tags, a "Fun Simulator". Well, let me answer that with a direct quote:

NationStates is a free nation simulation game. You create your own country, fashioned after your own ideals, and care for its people. Either that or you deliberately torture them. It's really up to you. Create a nation and follow it from there. You'll be asked to choose a name for your nation, a motto, a national animal, and a currency. Then you answer a short questionnaire about your politics, which will determine whether your nation is authoritarian or libertarian... conservative or liberal... compassionate or psychotic... you get the idea. Twice a day, you'll face an issue, and need to decide what to do about it. How you respond will determine almost everything about how your nation evolves. The World Assembly is the world's governing body. It's your chance to mold the world to your vision, by voting for resolutions you like and scuttling the rest. However, it's a double-edged sword, because your nation will be affected by any resolutions that pass. (Unfortunately you can't obey the resolutions you like and ignore the rest, like real nations.) In other words, it's a hot-bed of political intrigue and double-dealing. Your nation can join the WA, but it's not compulsory. If you remain outside, you're unaffected by its decisions. If you're ready to mix it up in international politics, though, the WA is for you. There are two main benefits to WA membership: you can vote on resolutions, and you can give and receive endorsements to and from other nations in your region, which detemines who is Delegate.

So, once and if you do establish a nation here, you can join the unofficial region of the Klei Entertainment Forums. Not much else to really tell you guys, just join it if you want, it's pretty fun IMO. So for those who want to join, let's make one of the greatest regions in NationStates! Any questions you have, there's an official FAQ right here.

Hail Fourchania! For some reason, it pains (and excites) me to look too deeply into your country though! 

While Seekeria is freedom-based, we defend our freedoms quite vigorously!

With this growing alliance,  I suggest-should we decide to enter the Assembly in the future- we fight back against these Spamming recruitment telegraphers for freedom and glory!!

(Yeah, sure we could set our preferences, but how are we supposed to warmonger and covertly support the industrial military complex that way?)

Hail Fourchania! For some reason, it pains (and excites) me to look too deeply into your country though! 

While Seekeria is freedom-based, we defend our freedoms quite vigorously!

With this growing alliance,  I suggest-should we decide to enter the Assembly in the future- we fight back against these Spamming recruitment telegraphers for freedom and glory!!

(Yeah, sure we could set our preferences, but how are we supposed to warmonger and covertly support the industrial military complex that way?)

The Rogue Nation of Fourchania is a fledgling, devout nation, notable for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed population of 5 million Fourchanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

....Yep, sounds about right.

The Rogue Nation of Fourchania is a fledgling, devout nation, notable for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed population of 5 million Fourchanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

....Yep, sounds about right.

Frankly, I think your currency should've been the dogecoin.

I am going to agree with the notion of invading some random sap despite the fact that my empire (The Empire of Doctor Andrius Warp) probably has next to no military and will be instantly crushed. Also I joined Checkmate.

P.S. I have no idea how this game works, but I feel that the best way to run a country is to run it into the ground until you figure out how to manage a country at baseline level.

Archived