Game won't launch

mllkshake

So I haven't actually played Don't Starve for a little while now, but I felt like getting back into it this evening. So I re-installed the game after having deleted it simply to save space on my laptop. Once it had finished re-installing, I clicked launch and I get a Steam popup saying that Steam is preparing to launch Don't Starve. Problem is that the game lever launches. The game never opens.

I googled the issue and tried several different suggestions that others had given, but nothing worked. I even uninstalled the game and re-installed it, but no luck. It still doesn't launch. Any ideas you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried all of the suggestions in our troubleshooting guide for Steam? http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1201532-game-is-crashing-game-won-t-start

If you've tried the steps in the link and you're still unable to play, could let us know your system specs (including your video card's specs)? Also if you could send us the contents of your "Log.txt" file, that would be helpful too.

You can find it in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

Archived