What do you think you will play the most? co-op or pvp?

Kinda have to agree, don't exactly need this to become Rust or DayZ.

It's not because of that, not for me anyway. It's just considering the fighting mechanics are far from the game's best features, it wouldn't make sense for that to be the sole focus of a match.

Considering there's a way to revive a friend when they go down, I don't think I'd mind occasionally picking off my friend or the other way around. I'd primarily play co-op though and we'd probably play under the agreement that whoever killed the other would have to donate their own telltale heart.

I'm fine with PvP on, mostly because friendly fire shenanigans are hilarious. I'll hopefully be playing a lot with my friend, so we'll probably be playing together in the same room. Accidental and "accidental" murders can be fun, especially since death isn't really some huge crippling agony in Don't Starve(at least, not for me). Not to mention that my friend primarily plays Willow and that will lead to a lot of funny "well, this is what you get for chopping trees next to me" scenarios.

PvP in don't starve is pretty pointless, since it's easy to cripple another player by destroying their base.

The combat mechanics are also so simple that there won't be any depth.

Here's an example:

Player 1 has a sleep dart and explosives

Player 2 does not.

Player 1 wins.

I have three friends that are interested in DST, so we might try a single CO-OP game that we try to make last forever with an excellant base, but I'd be interested in a sort of semi-long-term pvp match, where we each build up our bases without help and if two of us want the same land, we fight it out. we might make some of our own improvised game ideas, like a sort of passive-aggressive pvp where no direct attacks are allowed, but we try to see who can outlast the rest, or 2v2 pvp or something

PvP in don't starve is pretty pointless, since it's easy to cripple another player by destroying their base.

The combat mechanics are also so simple that there won't be any depth.

Here's an example:

Player 1 has a sleep dart and explosives

Player 2 does not.

Player 1 wins.

interesting, a practical use for bee stingers... sounds fun. The other players would sit there trying to wake up as the dynamite fuze burns. 

On a lighter note, Co-op for friends, maybe some Dangerous Game PvP with others. I like the idea of having to rush through tech levels and chance encounters are not always going to be beneficial. While the environment is killer, there are many ways to simple remain alive in Don't Starve, and I like the idea of not wanting to place a main base anywhere, just roam from spot to spot so you aren't caught out unawares and/or stolen from.

I think that even PVP will turn into a co-op of sorts, to an extent. If you have a game with 4-6 people in PVP, I would expect quite a few people will team up in small groups and try to work together to raid other players' bases, or maybe turn on each other when the game gets into the later stages. Something like this would be really fun, especially on Perma Death servers, or tournament-like games.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this game, and I think I'll be playing equal amounts of both types, since both seem to have quite a few potentially good aspects to them.

I think that even PVP will turn into a co-op of sorts, to an extent. If you have a game with 4-6 people in PVP, I would expect quite a few people will team up in small groups and try to work together to raid other players' bases, or maybe turn on each other when the game gets into the later stages. Something like this would be really fun, especially on Perma Death servers, or tournament-like games.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this game, and I think I'll be playing equal amounts of both types, since both seem to have quite a few potentially good aspects to them.

It would be full of treachery and backstabbing, I'm sure.

It sounds like so much fun.

Archived