What do you think you will play the most? co-op or pvp?

Co-op for starters definitely. Might get into PvP, but not as just "weapons out, kill each other". That, as others have pointed out, is pretty dull, but they've talked about adding/reworking some weapons that might spice it up, I think. I'd be more interested in having another person in the world and we try to screw each other up enough that the other can't survive, but I do. e.g. sneaking into their base while they're out and burning it down, or leaving bee mines hidden behind grass patches, that sort of thing. Maybe planting a bunch of spider dens around them or finding a warg and leaving it at their base. Stuff for creative opposition :D

Is PvP confirmed to be a thing anyways? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

Also Co-Op.

They confirmed that there will at least be a server option that allows you to directly attack and damage other players, yes. It's not looking like there we be special arenas/matchmaking or whatever (not that I wanted those things, but some people seemed to think of those when they think of PvP).

I think what they're leaning towards right now is having friendly fire be on by default, and leaving it up to the players to decide whether to cooperate or not. But I'm 99% sure there will be server options to disable it entirely.

Archived