[?] PS4 - Downloaded for free with PSPlus, deleted it, now have to pay for it?

KomodoDave

I'm not sure whether this is expected or not, I'd be grateful for insight.

I acquired the game for free with PlayStation Plus when it came out.

I played for a few months, then deleted the game from my PS4.

Now I've paid for Reign of Giants DLC, only to find I can't download DS for free again, I have to pay for it now.

Is this how Playstation Plus works - if you "buy" a free game, you're effectively only renting it for as long as it's on your hard drive?

If so, that sucks.

Like I say, any info is very welcome.

Thank you.

• Developer

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the PS Plus works in terms of having the titles on your PS4, and then deleting them. If you get in touch with the support team at Sony, they should be able to provide more info.

Deleting a game downloaded for free as part of PS+ does not remove the entitled to redownload. However if you do not have an active PS+ subscription when attempting to redownload the game you will be asked to either pay for the game or pay for PS+.

From PlayStation Support: "As long as you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll always have access to any game you've downloaded in the collection, even if you've deleted a game from your hard drive previously. However, you will not be able to access free games downloaded with PlayStation Plus if you choose not to renew your membership."

If you're still a PS Plus member, you should be able to re-download the game to your PS4 by scrolling right to your "Library". There you should be able to choose games that you've downloaded or purchased before and re-download them. 

If you're not able to find Don't Starve in your library or re-download it, you may have to contact PlayStation Support at Sony; they'll be able to provide you with account support and info.

Archived