The Tragedy of 9/11

Morgan17

13 years ago, Osama bin Laden launched a terrorist attack on New York city's Twin Towers. Families were torn, lives were lost, and many live to tell the tale.

The tragedy is known as 9/11

We thank the firefighters who helped survivors escape, or died trying.

We will never forget.

To this reply,

Dont you think it'd have been far better to NOT make this thread or mention that tragedy again?

and to all: 

It's important we remember the horrible tragedies so if there's something we can do to prevent this in the future, we can. Bringing the worst to bear can bring out  the best in us, but it also can make us go to the lowest of ourselves to feel "safe and secure."  This battle in ourselves never truly ends, and we should always fight it anyway. 

Nobody should be punished or censored in replying here (as long as we stay on topic,) as we all deal with this in our own way. Just remember, that many people were affected by 9-11-01 and some tragically directly so.

At the least, take the time to remember that and be grateful we have not had something like that since. 

I'll leave you all with that thought. 

*Bows head then departs* 

To this reply,

and to all: 

It's important we remember the horrible tragedies so if there's something we can do to prevent this in the future, we can. Bringing the worst to bear can bring out  the best in us, but it also can make us go to the lowest of ourselves to feel "safe and secure."  This battle in ourselves never truly ends, and we should always fight it anyway. 

Nobody should be punished or censored in replying here (as long as we stay on topic,) as we all deal with this in our own way. Just remember, that many people were affected by 9-11-01 and some tragically directly so.

At the least, take the time to remember that and be grateful we have not had something like that since. 

I'll leave you all with that thought. 

*Bows head then departs*

I honestly don't see how people remembering the tragedy will help it not to happen in any form or way (except of course for  the ones who do work in the security and at the United Nations, maybe) all this constant reminder does is increase (at least for most cases) people's dislike for  Islamic people. And thus just gives the united states a way to attack Islamic countries without getting people angered. 

It honestly seems comparable to  childs fighting(at least to me) the fight just keeps going become no one ever forgives/forgets the other, and just keep punching eachother. But then again, please don't rage at me or something, this is just my opinion.

When people don't remember, they forget. 

When people forget, they don't remember to avoid doing something.

What that happens, the thing we promise would never happen again, does. 

It's not up to some "governing body" to hold onto our morality, it's every person's duty to do that. We teach history for this exact same reason, to learn what to do and what not to do. 

I see this thread and all I can feel is hate, pure hate towards everyone who keeps milking this "tragedy" for attention.

Daily people get bombed in other countries, daily people suffer every single second of their life.

And what do we do, cry over one little collapsed building. Sure those were families who got affected. Someone's husband or wife might have died.

But everywhere else on the globe people constantly die, yet now, 13 years later, we still cannot move on after 3000 people died in one attack?

In other countries, that's the amount of people that die every week by violence and war.

Seriously can we just drop it already and stop milking it for internet attention?

I see this thread and all I can feel is hate, pure hate towards everyone who keeps milking this "tragedy" for attention.

Daily people get bombed in other countries, daily people suffer every single second of their life.

And what do we do, cry over one little collapsed building. Sure those were families who got affected. Someone's husband or wife might have died.

But everywhere else on the globe people constantly die, yet now, 13 years later, we still cannot move on after 3000 people died in one attack?

In other countries, that's the amount of people that die every week by violence and war.

Seriously can we just drop it already and stop milking it for internet attention?

On the anniversary of somebody's loved one's death, I would never say that.

On the anniversary of this country's one, I ask you not say this.

Any other day we can talk about that or ndeal with the world's tragedies, but today, it's this country's.

Please don't make me have to reverse my past promise I posted here, and be respectful of other people's losses on the day of a massacre.

I'm sure veterans of Pearl harbor could also explain why this is true on their day as well and are not "milking it for attention." 

Pretty much every few weeks, Americans bomb a poor country's village because they are a so-called "rogue state". They kill innocent lives and families because they could potentially be a threat one day. Yet we sit here and discuss a "tragedy", in which only very few people died. In fact, 86% of the affected people survived.

We keep mourning over our own few deaths, but the deaths of "some poor country" go ignored.

Just a thought. Don't get offended.

On the anniversary of somebody's loved one's death, I would never say that.

On the anniversary of this country's one, I ask you not say this.

Any other day we can talk about that or ndeal with the world's tragedies, but today, it's this country's.

Please don't make me have to reverse my past promise I posted here, and be respectful of other people's losses on the day of a massacre.

I'm sure veterans of Pearl harbor could also explain why this is true on their day as well and are not "milking it for attention." 

I am simply mildly upset that never anyone actually does talk about any other tragedies, yet on this day, this specific one gets mentioned every single time. Just because it is america.

Yet I understand that this should be a positive (as positive as it gets) thread and would find it okay if you (all of the mods and Klei, not just you specifically) would like to make my reply disappear.

I might have overracted a bit.

Archived